Windows 10: deleting my name from the Windows 10 startup page

Discus and support deleting my name from the Windows 10 startup page in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am giving my old Windows 10 laptop to my granddaughter and am trying to make it as sterile as possible. I have eliminated the requirement to sign in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PeterNishnick, Jul 21, 2018.

1. deleting my name from the Windows 10 startup page

I am giving my old Windows 10 laptop to my granddaughter and am trying to make it as sterile as possible. I have eliminated the requirement to sign in

with an email address and password now I would like to delete my name from the startup page when I start up the laptop. I would appreciate any suggestions I can receive to make this happen. Thank you!

:)

PeterNishnick, Jul 21, 2018
  2. Baleful Win User

Changing device names and deleting devices

Yeah, you can't delete old/retired machines from the "my grid" page. The only option you have really is to wait a few days then change how it sorts the list:

deleting my name from the Windows 10 startup page ActiveMachines.png

Oh, and Mike is correct, by changing the windows "computer name" it'll change on the "my grid" page.

Baleful, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jul 21, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

deleting my name from the Windows 10 startup page

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

deleting my name from the Windows 10 startup page

1. deleting my name from the Windows 10 startup page - Similar Threads - deleting name startup

2. How to delete extra name on my windows 10 login?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to delete extra name on my windows 10 login?: I have some issues with the numerical login in my windows password. I ended up having two logins but with different password, how can I remove one of them? Thankyou....
  3. How to delete extra name on my windows 10 login?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete extra name on my windows 10 login?: I have some issues with the numerical login in my windows password. I ended up having two logins but with different password, how can I remove one of them? Thankyou....
  4. How to delete and extra name on my Windows 10 log-in.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to delete and extra name on my Windows 10 log-in.: I was unsuccessfully trying to remove the numerical log-in password from my Windows 10 screen but finished-up with my name listed twice on the login-screen but with differing passwords. How may I remove one of them?...
  5. Random program named "Program" in my startup. Can't delet it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Random program named "Program" in my startup. Can't delet it.: [ATTACH] So that's what it looks like in the task manager, but I can't "go to the file location" and the fie "C:\Program" Files" Doesn't exist. I ran a full PC virus scan using the McAfee one that comes with the PC but that didn't work either. I wanted to know what it was...
  6. How to delete these from startup

How to delete these from startup: Hey, I am using CCleaner from years and I want to delete those 2 last startup and when I do so I get an error. [img] [img] 146164
  7. Add and delete pages from PDF?

Add and delete pages from PDF?: I have a PDF file with 12 pages. I need to replace 4 of them. Can I do this? Do I need to download/purchase special software?
  8. How to delete a user name from my PC.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to delete a user name from my PC.: I would like to remove a family member’s Yahoo.com user name from my PC. But after following the how to "Remove Family & other users" instructions, the only selection that pops up is "Allow". I don't see a "Remove" option. What else should I do?...
  9. Can't delete pages from my histroy

Can't delete pages from my histroy: I just had windows 10 installed now I can't delete anything from my history. I tried all the normal things that I did before this but nothing works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-pages-from-my-histroy/b49ad17b-1e09-4b53-8811-bb180be4c2c1
  10. How Do I Change the name on log in page from Admin to my own name?

How Do I Change the name on log in page from Admin to my own name?: Hi A member of my family recently had their laptop repaired after a virus attack. She has managed to set up a background picture, but is unable to change the name on the log in page from Admin to her own name. I have searched for an answer, but I can't find one. Can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 howto removename from start uppage

2. delete name startup page

3. how to delete name from start up page in windows ten