Windows 10: Deleting or removing unneeded printer updates

Discus and support Deleting or removing unneeded printer updates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 right after Win10 was released and, when I was trying to attach my HP 5740 Wifi printer using the driver cd, two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by keithz829, Oct 23, 2015.

1. keithz829 Win User

Deleting or removing unneeded printer updates

I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 right after Win10 was released and, when I was trying to attach my HP 5740 Wifi printer using the driver cd, two updates appeared in the Windows Update dialog that will not install, nor can I remove them.

Is there a way to get rid of these two updates from the Windows Update dialog?

Thanks in advance.

:)

keithz829, Oct 23, 2015

2. No color management in print dialogue box

Why is the critical step of removing all old printer drivers (Step 5) in the Printui dialogue the same as Step 6 right clicking the printer in Devices and Printers to delete it and restart PC?

After you install the printer software in Print 8 you did a lot of other things with a Desktop app that are not in the list and unneeded. Why were these necessary instead of just selecting a .pdf document to print and trying it?

The reason I ask is that I've suggested these steps countless times and they have always worked if only they are followed, not adding a bunch of steps at the end.

I hope this helps.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Oct 23, 2015
  3. Can I have help moving or deleting some unneeded parts of Windows or programs to free up some space on a crowded drive?

I don't understand how this could be but I found an entire duplicate set of my data files that I normally have saved on my D: HDD that had been saved onto my C: drive in a folder named ALL. I deleted them since I don't need them.

Deleting or removing unneeded printer updates [​IMG]

I even make a weekly backup copy on a USB thumbdrive as a safety.

So I deleted all of that extra junk and now I've got tons of space!

Deleting or removing unneeded printer updates [​IMG]

Jeff A. Davis, Oct 23, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

jds63, Oct 23, 2015
  5. jds63 Win User
    jds63, Oct 23, 2015
  6. keithz829 Win User
    Yes, this is what I want to do. I was able to download the Windows drivers for my printer and it works just fine.

keithz829, Oct 23, 2015
  7. jds63 Win User
    Weird HP site showed built in drivers in Windows 10 for your model, so wondering why windows update would show any, unless some new ones came out that HP not showing at there site. Only way i saw to remove drivers from appearing or clearing windows update.

jds63, Oct 23, 2015
  8. jds63 Win User

Welcome to Ten-Forums Keith !

jds63, Oct 23, 2015
  9. keithz829 Win User
    Thank you and the welcome for the assist JDS63. This has been frustrating me since I upgraded.

keithz829, Oct 24, 2015
  10. jds63 Win User
    Your welcome Kieth, hope it is all fixed, if need further help repost or add to this one. Look through the many tutorials here as can help you with a lot.

jds63, Oct 24, 2015
  11. spapakons Win User
    Just hide the relevant updates to be excluded, as described in this tutorial.

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Deleting or removing unneeded printer updates - Similar Threads - Deleting removing unneeded

2. Deleting unneeded email from Microsoft.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting unneeded email from Microsoft.: When I go to the settings on my computer, it gives me a variety of phones numbers/emails that I can choose from for my account. One of the accounts is an old work email that I no longer have access to, and it will not give me the option to remove it from Microsoft. I am...
  3. Deleting unneeded email from Microsoft.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting unneeded email from Microsoft.: When I go to the settings on my computer, it gives me a variety of phones numbers/emails that I can choose from for my account. One of the accounts is an old work email that I no longer have access to, and it will not give me the option to remove it from Microsoft. I am...
  4. deleting unneeded apps, programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleting unneeded apps, programs: Want to 'lighten the load' by deleting stuff i don't need/want/use. Seem to have a million apps,programs & don't understand what to keep/delete. How do I do this without deleting something I want. I'm no expert, obviously, but hope someone can give me some help. Thanks much !...
  5. deleting unneeded apps, programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    deleting unneeded apps, programs: Want to 'lighten the load' by deleting stuff i don't need/want/use. Seem to have a million apps,programs & don't understand what to keep/delete. How do I do this without deleting something I want. I'm no expert, obviously, but hope someone can give me some help. Thanks much !...
  6. Can't remove unneeded languages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't remove unneeded languages: Hello, I have been trying to remove the German and English Zimbabwe languages from my keyboard input, but I cant find where. I've tried several suggestions that I found on this website but nothing worked. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. Removing various unneeded applications

Removing various unneeded applications: After scouring the net - I notice there is no way to remove some of the more pointless features in Windows 10. Why is this ? I do not need/use skype/meet now or any of that pointless rubbish. I do not use the Microsoft Store. In fact, I don't even need the terrible...
  8. removing unneeded apps that came with Windows 10

in Cortana
    removing unneeded apps that came with Windows 10: How do I remove the XBOX apps that came pre-installed, since I do not and never will use them. Also, how do I remove the useless, pointless spyware called Cortana?...
  9. Unneeded or Unwanted windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unneeded or Unwanted windows update: I currently use windows 10 version 1809. I recently received an update for windows 10 version 1903. It of course does not download but is setting in security and updates advising me to retry or reinstall update. It will not install on my version no does it disappear. It just...
  10. Can't delete the unneeded keyboard layout

Can't delete the unneeded keyboard layout: Hello, Please help me to delete the English (UK) keyboard layout, as I don't really need it. I have it in the layouts popup windows on taskbar, though in the settings there is no such layout! Therefore Windows think that there is nothing to delete. The screen shot is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove unneeded printers