Windows 10: Deleting/Removing Old Homegroup Users

Discus and support Deleting/Removing Old Homegroup Users in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently had a mate over whom I added to my homegroup so I could copy over some files from my workstation to his laptop, lets call his laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Paul Armstrong, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Deleting/Removing Old Homegroup Users

I recently had a mate over whom I added to my homegroup so I could copy over some files from my workstation to his laptop, lets call his laptop "Laptop1", he has since installed an SSD in his laptop and now shows up on the homegroup as a different user as we couldnt get him connected again using the "laptop1" share we'd used originally, so he was added again as "Laptop2", now the system still shows "Laptop1" in he homegroup shares, even though it no longer exists, how do I remove this user/entry "Laptop1" leaving only the "Laptop2" share active,

I cant delete the original homegroup as there are several computers/laptops/tablets/network printers etc etc etc in the system and would be way to much hassle to start from afresh

Any help and advice greatly appreciated

Regards

:)

Paul Armstrong, Dec 14, 2015
  2. GoodOH Win User

Unable to delete old Itunes icon from Desktop as I donot have permission even as administrator

I am anable to delete an old itunes icon from the Desktop as I donot have permission even as administrator. (This happened as I changed all users access rights via my old version of itunes due to unknown user notification - old itunes now deleted.)

Given my personal Homegroup - administrator rights and also suppossedly deleted Homegroup 08 from C: - via MS Chat Tech advice (even though error msg saying not deleted appeared.)

Have since tried to delete old itunes icon from the Desktop (after the above) but still saying that I donot have permission.

Please advise on how to remove icon.

Thank you

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

GoodOH, Dec 14, 2015
  3. Windows 10 broken homegroup entry on machine; cannot remove it nor connect to new homegroup

I had a homegroup working that included this laptop. Because of problems with other PCs in the homegroup I disconnect everything from this homegroup, tried to remove it as far as possible and create a new one. This finally worked everywhere, but on this
    laptop the old homegroup cannot be completely removed and therefore the new one cannot be connected to it.

I deleted all entries in C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking, started the laptop new, connected the homegroup provider PC to the network first, then the laptop, but I still see the old homegroup in its homegroup display.
    If I click on "show password", nothing happens. If I click on "remove homegroup", it says: could not remove. It does not show me the new homegroup created by the other PC nor offer me a possibility to connect to it.

The automatic homegroup repair function cannot find any problem. sfc/scannow finishes without finding any inconsistencies.

How can I delete the broken homegroup entry from the laptop so it is ready to connect to the new homegroup?

Roland Salz, Dec 14, 2015
Thema:

Deleting/Removing Old Homegroup Users

1. Deleting/Removing Old Homegroup Users - Similar Threads - Deleting Removing Old

2. Deleting an old user's folder in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting an old user's folder in C:\Users: Hello,I would like to delete an old user's folder in C:\Users but there is the folder AppData and the file NTUSER.DAT which prevent me from doing so. Is there a solution to this problem I've also tried taking ownership of the folder, but it doesn't fix my...
  3. Deleting an old user's folder in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting an old user's folder in C:\Users: Hello,I would like to delete an old user's folder in C:\Users but there is the folder AppData and the file NTUSER.DAT which prevent me from doing so. Is there a solution to this problem I've also tried taking ownership of the folder, but it doesn't fix my...
  4. Removing an old user folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removing an old user folder: Hi all, I had to re-install Windows 10 & it created a username folder "roysq" My old one was "roysquires" I have managed to create a new one, but cannot delete the old one "roysqu." If I delete the folder it just returns. I have tried Regedit / HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINNE >...
  5. remove/delet old acct

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    remove/delet old acct: remove old acct https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removedelet-old-acct/7a7e5b64-eeba-409d-9ba9-c8b6bf66759c"
  6. Removal Of old user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removal Of old user: [img] When i try to remove this old user I get this but no indications how to do it all help great fully appreciated 133445
  7. Removal Of old user

in Windows 10 Support
    Removal Of old user: [img] When i try to remove this old user I get this but no indications how to do it all help great fully appreciated 133445
  8. HomeGroup to be removed ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HomeGroup to be removed ?: HomeGroup will be removed in the next feature update for Windows 10. After you install that update when it’s available, you won’t be able to share files and printers using HomeGroup. However, you can still do these things by using features that are built into Windows 10....
  9. Homegroup - How to delete?

Homegroup - How to delete?: Before I upgraded all of our computers to W10 they were on W7 and we had a homegroup set up and working. For some reason none of the computers can connect to the homegroup anymore - I get the "you can join the workgroup" message and the box to enter the password. Guess...
  10. Deleting The Homegroup

Deleting The Homegroup: OK, so having had some issues with Homegroup recently, the general advice seems to be to delete it altogether and just rely on standard networking. But I really, really don't want to have to log on to my PC's. While I understand that I can set the Windows Credentials to...