Windows 10: Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?

Discus and support Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I set the Storage option for Windows Store to start installing apps too my D:/ Because of that, it created a folder called WindowsApps. Now it's time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jkteddy77, Jan 18, 2016.

1. jkteddy77 Win User

Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?

I set the Storage option for Windows Store to start installing apps too my D:/
    Because of that, it created a folder called WindowsApps.
    Now it's time that I want to delete that folder, and all access is denied.

I tried changing the permissions to my admin account and all, but I'm still not able to remove it.
    Is there any way for me to remove this folder without having to reformat the drive?

:)

jkteddy77, Jan 18, 2016
  2. Erika Aro Win User

WindowApps folder

Hi,

Renaming the WindowsApps folder won't rebuild a new WindowsApps folder. We'd like to know what are you trying to do that requires the deletion of
    WindowsApps.

We'll wait for your reply.

Erika Aro, Jan 18, 2016
  3. Can't install Windows Store apps to SD card

The cache reset did not work. The storage was set to sd card. It appears that 3 folders are created on the SD card for the store, WindowsApps, WpSystem, and WUDownloadCache. What should the permissions be for these folders? I have access denied for WindowsApps.

Edit: Just for the record, I deleted the WpSystem and WUDownloadCache folders on the SD card and it allowed installation of Store app to the SD card. WindowsApps could not be deleted due to access denied.

Resourceful, Jan 18, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

First of all, unless you reset pc storage back to C drive, you could run into problems, just deleting it.

The easiest way to delete it is to create a live linux drive and boot from it, then just delete the folder from there.

Alternatively, you can do it booting from a Macrium Rescue Drive using its 'file explorer.

cereberus, Jan 18, 2016
  5. jkteddy77 Win User
    Hmm, which is faster. I attempted a Live Linux Drive already but it was very slow and would not boot, not to mention I don't know a thing about using linux.

Would option 2 be easier? I looked at Macrium, but the install steps themselves are confusing me, and I fear not knowing how to navigate it once I boot to it.

EDIT: I installed Macrium Reflect Free, went through these steps to create the media.
    Don't forget to check the UEFI/MBR box if you are attempting this yourself.
    I then booted to it, "browsed my files for an image", but for real, navigate to the WindowsApps folder on your secondary drive, and delete it. It doesn't disappear instantly, but when you exit the drive, and log back into windows, the folder will be gone.

Thanks for the suggestion cereberus!

jkteddy77, Jan 18, 2016
  6. cereberus Win User
    There are two tools essential tools that everyone one should always have - Macrium Reflect Free and a dishwasher. Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive? :).

cereberus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive? - Similar Threads - Deleting WindowsApps folder

2. WindowsApps folder won't delete on external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WindowsApps folder won't delete on external drive: I have tried deleting the WindowsApps folder from my external SSD but I cant take ownership of it, I have tried doing a force delete using Windows Powershell and a registry tweak to give myself ownership of the file and when I try to manually take ownership of the file, it...
  3. WindowsApps folder won't delete on external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WindowsApps folder won't delete on external drive: I have tried deleting the WindowsApps folder from my external SSD but I cant take ownership of it, I have tried doing a force delete using Windows Powershell and a registry tweak to give myself ownership of the file and when I try to manually take ownership of the file, it...
  4. Deleting WindowsApps Folder from an external Hard Drive

Deleting WindowsApps Folder from an external Hard Drive: HelloI have been unable to find the answer to this questionI have and external hard drive that I used to use with a Windows 10 laptop, I recently got a windows 11 desktop and I was trying to clean some stuff off of the External HD and noticed that it has a WindowsApps folder...
  5. Can't delete WindowsApps folder on secondary drive after reinstalling Windows error 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete WindowsApps folder on secondary drive after reinstalling Windows error 0x80070005: I had my WindowsApps folder set up in the D drive. The other day I reinstalled Windows on my C drive, after which the folder on the D drive was not recognized, but that was to be expected. The problem is that I now can't delete it, even after successfully changing the...
  6. Can't delete WindowsApps folder on secondary drive after reinstalling Windows error 0x80070005

Can't delete WindowsApps folder on secondary drive after reinstalling Windows error 0x80070005: I had my WindowsApps folder set up in the D drive. The other day I reinstalled Windows on my C drive, after which the folder on the D drive was not recognized, but that was to be expected. The problem is that I now can't delete it, even after successfully changing the...
  7. Cant Delete The WindowsApps Folder In My "D: Drive"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant Delete The WindowsApps Folder In My "D: Drive": What Do I Need Help With? I just got a new PC, Since I Didnt Want To Spend Alot of money on a new hardrive so I just added my old 1TB Hardrive Onto my New PC... Ive had Xbox Gamepass for a while and loved it ive wanted to download Cluster Truck And Forza Horizen 4 Recently...
  8. Win10: WindowsApps folder on a secondary drive - how to delete it? (And can we ask who...

Win10: WindowsApps folder on a secondary drive - how to delete it? (And can we ask who...: I installed some gamepass games with Xbox's PC app (https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-app). I didn't want these on my primary drive, so I installed them on my secondary (it uses storage settings->change where new content is saved). A few weeks later, and I needed to format...
  9. Can't Delete Windowsapp folder

Can't Delete Windowsapp folder: I install my windowsapp games on a separate hard drive. After reinstalling windows, I am no longer able to access or delete this folder. Most of the drive is being used by files and folders I CANNOT format or delete. So formatting the drive is not an option. I have tried...
  10. WindowsApps folder can't be deleted on secondary disk

in Windows 10 Support
    WindowsApps folder can't be deleted on secondary disk: I have an SSD (This PC) for Windows, HDD (secondary disk) for files and whatnot. Running Windows 10 64-bit Home. I saw that you could move apps to another disk through Apps & features in Settings, so I decided to try it out. I moved an app to my secondary disk, and it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove windowsapps folder from second drive

2. can wudownloadcache be deleted

3. delete windowsapps folder on secondary drive

4. delete folder windowsapp on external hard drive,
  5. cant delete wndowsapps on secondary hard drive,
  6. delete windowsapps folder on anotehr drive,
  7. cant delete old windowsapp folder on secondary drive,
  8. why cant i delete windowsapp folder on a secondary drive,
  9. what is wudownloadcache folder on computer,
  10. deleting windows apps at d,
  11. cannot delete windowsapps folder from secondary drive,