Windows 10: Deleting user name and password

Discus and support Deleting user name and password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; A surface pro 4 was given as a Christmas present. Though a very nice machine, it is more complicated than expected. I am returning it, but want to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by RRob613, Dec 21, 2016.

1. RRob613 Win User

Deleting user name and password

A surface pro 4 was given as a Christmas present. Though a very nice machine, it is more complicated than expected. I am returning it, but want to delete My wife's user name and password, but so far have been unsuccessful. How do I sanitize this machine back to its original state? Thanks for any help.

:)

RRob613, Dec 21, 2016

2. Delete Old User Names & Passwords

Click the 3 dots at the upper right corner>settings>select
    show advanced settings
    at the bottom>click manage passwords under passwords and forms.

ScarletRoseFT, Dec 21, 2016
  3. Delete Old User Names & Passwords

Using Chrome in Windows 10.....How do I delete old user names and passwords "one" at a time rather than "all"? I appears that some websites automatically store and display these when logging in to their site. I may have accidently clicked on the Save Password/Never
    button in Chrome? Two examples are AmExp and Wstreet.com.

Your help will be most appreciated!

db

DL BRUNDAGE, Dec 21, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Since you're giving it back anyway, why not just reset it to factory default? Type "Reset this PC" into the Cortana/search box, then click on Get Started in the resulting recovery window, and follow the prompts from there.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

Deleting user name and password [​IMG]

Obviously, you want to make the selection where you DON'T keep your files and etc.

EdTittel, Dec 21, 2016
  5. RRob613 Win User
    Many thanks for that suggestion. Obviously, I had never heard of that procedure before. As I write, it is restoring away.
    Deleting user name and password [​IMG]

RRob613, Dec 21, 2016
  6. EdTittel Win User
    Glad it worked for you. Being Windows, sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't.
    Happy holidays,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Deleting user name and password - Similar Threads - Deleting user name

2. "The user name or passwords is incorrect."

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "The user name or passwords is incorrect.": I'm in Chrome & want to delete passwords. I click on a password and a box titled "Windows Security" pops up. Beneath it is "Google Chrome is trying to show passwords. Type your Windows password to allow this." So, I type in my Windows password and receive the message "The...
  3. "The user name or passwords is incorrect."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The user name or passwords is incorrect.": I'm in Chrome & want to delete passwords. I click on a password and a box titled "Windows Security" pops up. Beneath it is "Google Chrome is trying to show passwords. Type your Windows password to allow this." So, I type in my Windows password and receive the message "The...
  4. admin user name and password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    admin user name and password: When I receive a notice that there is a newer version of one of my browsers and I try to have it downloaded I am asked for an admin user name and password. Is there a way I can find out this information?...
  5. ADMIN USER NAME AND PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Customization
    ADMIN USER NAME AND PASSWORD: Please help Me with this, i cant access some downloads and changes. it will always direct me into this.USER ACCOUNT CONTROLDo you want to allow this app to make changes to your device ?USER ACCOUNTS CONTROL PANELVerified publisher: Microsoft WindowsCLSID:...
  6. passwords and user names

passwords and user names: Irrespective of using Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome I need to sign in all programs from scratch, plugging in the user name and password, every time I turn on the computer or even sometimes when I just go out of a program and back in. This is true for all programs, eg....
  7. User name/password issues

User name/password issues: After the last major Windows 10 update, user names and passwords are not saved after restart. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-namepassword-issues/dd4cbd95-2896-4faa-93f9-87fc63d3626c
  8. AutoComplete/User Names & Passwords

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AutoComplete/User Names & Passwords: I know how to change the settings, but I had previously clicked "no" on a couple of sites wanting to save my username and password. Now I want them to remember me. How can I change this? Do I need to clear the saved history and start fresh? Thank you!...
  9. administrator user name / password

administrator user name / password: I forgot my user name/password for my administrator account. How can I find this information. I need this to do different things. I have been unable to check ,fix ect. Is there resolution to this problem/...
  10. User names and Passwords

User names and Passwords: I recently upgraded to Windows 10. It is set to save passwords and asks whether or not I want it to save, which I do. But when I go back to that webpage, it isn't filling in my ID & PW. What do I need to do?...