Windows 10: Deleting Windows Old Files

Discus and support Deleting Windows Old Files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Tablet just updated to Version 1803 Build 17134.81 As strange as it sounds, Windows Disk Cleanup says I have 11.5 GIGS! of "Old Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by milford, Jun 3, 2018.

1. milford Win User

Deleting Windows Old Files

My Tablet just updated to Version 1803 Build 17134.81

As strange as it sounds, Windows Disk Cleanup says I have 11.5 GIGS! of "Old Windows Installation." Is this safe to delete/remove?

:)

milford, Jun 3, 2018

2. Windows old files deleting

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community. I will be glad to assist you.

I suggest you follow this steps and check if it helps.

• Open Disk Cleanup by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Disk Cleanup, and then, in the list of results, click Disk Cleanup.

• If you're prompted to choose a drive, click the drive you just installed Windows on, and then click OK.

• In the Disk Cleanup dialog box, on the Disk Cleanup tab, click Clean up system files.

• If you're again prompted to choose a drive, click the drive you just installed Windows on, and then click OK.

• Select the Previous Windows installation(s) check box, and any other check boxes for the files you want to delete, and then click OK.

• In the message that appears, click Delete Files.
    Hope this helps.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 4, 2018
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jun 4, 2018
Thema:

Deleting Windows Old Files

1. Deleting Windows Old Files - Similar Threads - Deleting Old Files

2. Delete old windows update files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete old windows update files: When I run 'Clean Up System files' option the following dialog is displayed.But when I click delete, the first selected item 'Windows Update Cleanup is never deleted.Due to this I am having a space problem on my C: drive.How can I safely delete at least some these files and...
  3. Delete old windows update files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete old windows update files: When I run 'Clean Up System files' option the following dialog is displayed.But when I click delete, the first selected item 'Windows Update Cleanup is never deleted.Due to this I am having a space problem on my C: drive.How can I safely delete at least some these files and...
  4. Cant delete old windows update files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant delete old windows update files: I ran a disc cleanup for Windows Update Cleanup but it got stuck so I ended up aborting it, and now it does not show up as an option on my disc cleanup tool any longer. Does anyone have an idea what I can do?...
  5. deleting old files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    deleting old files: hi, so long story short, i have a small ssd so i am trying to free up some storage space. i often use a program called WinDirStat that scans my ssd and tells me exactly what type of files take up space and where. i ran it, and ended up finding 4gb of ".help" files. i am not...
  6. Deleting old system files

Deleting old system files: Hi! I had recently changed my C drive from hdd to ssd. So I have noticed that folders like program filesx86 and users folders are still presentwhich are heavy in storage , when I try to delete them it doesn't allows me to. Please help how can I delete these files....
  7. deleting old OS files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    deleting old OS files: Hi there I just moved my OS from my SSD to my M.2 SSD using Samsung magician everything worked fine and windows is booting from the new drive but all the files are still on the original SSD would it be okay to delete everything from that drive and just have the files on...
  8. Deleting old files of windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting old files of windows: Should I delete the older files of windows 10 versions on my laptop or should I keep them? submitted by /u/cCrUzCc [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fbgexs/deleting_old_files_of_windows/
  9. Deleting old programme files

Deleting old programme files: I have a lot of SERVICE REMEDIATION files in Programme files on c drive which are taking up a great deal of space is it ok to delete the older ones and just keep the most recent Thank you...
  10. Files deleted on old disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Files deleted on old disk: Hi All, Long time last visit 18 Aug 2015 23:19 Slartybart Re installing 4 tb drive..... For those that remember...I took out the 1 tb drive from my HP pavilion 23 that was running windows 10 it was fully working apart from not a lot of room left due to mainly photos,...