Windows 10: Deletion of Default folder under Users folder

Discus and support Deletion of Default folder under Users folder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm using windows 11 and accidentally deleted a Default folder under Users, no system backup was performed prior to these. The Default folder is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by M_Gupta, Dec 3, 2023.

1. M_Gupta Win User

Deletion of Default folder under Users folder

I'm using windows 11 and accidentally deleted a Default folder under Users, no system backup was performed prior to these. The Default folder is permanently deleted any chance to restore it back. Will it effect already created users??Any suggestion would be more then helpful !!

:)

M_Gupta, Dec 3, 2023

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Deletion of Default folder under Users folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Deletion of Default folder under Users folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Dec 3, 2023
  3. silkstone Win User
    Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

Deletion of Default folder under Users folder upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Dec 3, 2023
  4. Damocles Win User

Accidentally Deleted Some Folders

Yesterday I was cleaning my PC and I accidentally deleted two folders (named "NVIDIA" and "NVIDIA Corporation") in C:\ProgramData. To my knowledge this two folders only contain non important stuff like logs, etc. Later on I have found out my Program Settings in NV Control panel were set to default. This is no big deal, but now I'm worrying I fu***d something up. Otherwise, everything works as it should --> no overheating, BSODs, games are working normally...

I just want to know what I deleted. Were those two folders important???

Damocles, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

1. Deletion of Default folder under Users folder - Similar Threads - Deletion Default folder

2. I accidentally deleted my onedrive folder under my user folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted my onedrive folder under my user folder: I accidentally on my hp windows 11 laptop basically deleted my onedrive folder that was under my user folder and I now lost access to removing things in the my files from the recent part of the home of my files and I need help getting it back because I am angry with myself....
  3. I accidentally deleted my onedrive folder under my user folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally deleted my onedrive folder under my user folder: I accidentally on my hp windows 11 laptop basically deleted my onedrive folder that was under my user folder and I now lost access to removing things in the my files from the recent part of the home of my files and I need help getting it back because I am angry with myself....
  4. Deletion of Default folder under Users folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deletion of Default folder under Users folder: I'm using windows 11 and accidentally deleted a Default folder under Users, no system backup was performed prior to these. The Default folder is permanently deleted any chance to restore it back. Will it effect already created users??Any suggestion would be more then helpful...
  5. Deleted user folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted user folder: Hey Microsoft, I deleted my user folder on my Windows folder, to try to get space to reset my pc. I did not create a restore point. My apps such as my Microsoft Edge, chrome, file explorer do not work. I don't know what to do. Please help me. My pc is not working. And yes I...
  6. Deleted user folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted user folder: Hey Microsoft, I deleted my user folder on my Windows folder, to try to get space to reset my pc. I did not create a restore point. My apps such as my Microsoft Edge, chrome, file explorer do not work. I don't know what to do. Please help me. My pc is not working. And yes I...
  7. Sharing a sub folder under 'Users' results in folder 'Users' and all the subfolders under...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing a sub folder under 'Users' results in folder 'Users' and all the subfolders under...: When I enable sharing on an individual sub folder under 'Users', the 'Users' folder itself and all sub folders under get sharing enabled for them. Further, the [Share] button under [Properties>Sharing] for folder 'Users' gets greyed out. What's causing this weird behavior...
  8. strange folders under users folders...

in Windows 10 Support
    strange folders under users folders...: i found these strange folders under the users folders and other places... dozens of them... ones like Send To, Start Menu, Templates, etc they have shortcut arrows but they are not... they are file folders and they have no size and the date is when i installed...
  9. Unrecognised folders under 'user' how to safely delete?

in Windows 10 Support
    Unrecognised folders under 'user' how to safely delete?: Hello My account is 'Lenovo' all the others i never use, they're all empty. I noticed the folders 'default.migrated' and 'UpdatusUser', i've never seen them before how do i remove them? I'd also like to remove public and the hidden 'default' folder if it's possible?...
  10. Deleted User Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted User Folders: I have two users whose accounts have been deleted but their folders under C Users are re-created on restart after deleting them. Hang over from W7 but can anyone help me permanently delete the in W10? 9655