Windows 10: Delinking Microsoft account from bulit in administrator account

Discus and support Delinking Microsoft account from bulit in administrator account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I'm sorry I was using a Chinese version of windows 10 at work, so could not find much information about what I need. My personal microsoft account... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by lennyli, Mar 14, 2017.

1. lennyli Win User

Delinking Microsoft account from bulit in administrator account

Hi, I'm sorry I was using a Chinese version of windows 10 at work, so could not find much information about what I need.
    My personal microsoft account somehow got linked to the windows 10 administrator account. If I create another administrator account and try to delete the original administrator account, it doesnt let me do it. I just want to delink my ms account from the computer.
    Anyone has any clues?

:)

lennyli, Mar 14, 2017
  2. AniketN Win User

Delink Local Administrator Account from Microsoft Account in Windows 10

I have windows 10 installed and after the installation I was asked to put in my hotmail user ID and password and now the local administrator account in linked to the microsoft account. I wish to delink the two accounts and use a different password instead
    of having to use my microsoft password. When I try to reset the local administrator password using the net user command I get a "The system is not authoritative for the specified account and therefore cannot
    complete the operation" error. How do I delink the two accounts without having to reset windows. There seems to be no option to do so in the settings>>Accounts>>your account section.

Thanks

AniketN, Mar 14, 2017
  3. Delink Local Administrator Account from Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Hi Aniket,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Open netplwiz and check how many accounts are present on the system.

Open Run (type it in Search or Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click on Run). Type netplwiz. Click on Ok.

Then if you want to switch to a local account, refer the link below.

Refer the link below to switch to a local account.

Set up accounts:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

If you want to change the password follow the steps below.

a. Press Window key + X and select Control Panel.

b. Click on User accounts.

c. Click on Manage another account.

d. Click on the account, you want to change the password.

e. Click on Change Password and change it.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Mar 14, 2017
  4. Delinking Microsoft account from bulit in administrator account

The first account created, by default, will be a member of the administrators group. Is that what is concerning you? What do you mean by linked to the Windows 10 Administrators account? The built in main system administrators account is hidden and disabled by default.

alphanumeric, Mar 14, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello lennyli, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

In addition, you can switch your Microsoft account on the PC to a local account to no longer have it linked to the account on the PC.

Local Account - Switch to in Windows 10

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Delinking Microsoft account from bulit in administrator account

1. Delinking Microsoft account from bulit in administrator account - Similar Threads - Delinking Microsoft account

2. Delink MS account from remote PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delink MS account from remote PC: Hello,I have laptop that I no longer have access to that is logged in under my personal MS account. I believe it is the admin. How can I delink my MS account so that they do not share the same Photos, Store etc.? My goal is that a new MS account or new local account needs to...
  3. Delink MS account from remote PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delink MS account from remote PC: Hello,I have laptop that I no longer have access to that is logged in under my personal MS account. I believe it is the admin. How can I delink my MS account so that they do not share the same Photos, Store etc.? My goal is that a new MS account or new local account needs to...
  4. Unlnk my administrator account from my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlnk my administrator account from my microsoft account: Note:I do *NOT* want to delete my Administrator accountI do *NOT* want to delete any user accountI do *NOT* want to disable my Administrator accountI do *NOT* want to change the password for my Administrator accountYesterday I had to sign in to my Microsoft account to access...
  5. Unlnk my administrator account from my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unlnk my administrator account from my microsoft account: Note:I do *NOT* want to delete my Administrator accountI do *NOT* want to delete any user accountI do *NOT* want to disable my Administrator accountI do *NOT* want to change the password for my Administrator accountYesterday I had to sign in to my Microsoft account to access...
  6. How to delink a microsoft account from the default administrator

How to delink a microsoft account from the default administrator: A while ago I got tired of microsoft sending me pings about linking my account, so I logged in with a random account and linked the default admin to it. Now I want to delink it because microsoft store sucks and wont let me log in due to it being a "Personal Acc.". How do I...
  7. Delete microsoft account from built in administrator account

Delete microsoft account from built in administrator account: How can I delete microsoft account from built in administrator account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-microsoft-account-from-built-in/360eebcb-2a70-4ed5-9f8f-51d580e72eaa
  8. How To DeLink Microsoft Account And Connect Another Microsoft Account

How To DeLink Microsoft Account And Connect Another Microsoft Account: Hello everyone. My question is I would like to De-Link My email from the current Windows Products. So when I bought the laptop, It had "Microsoft Windows 10 Home" And "Microsoft Office" Installed With License. When I logged in My Microsoft account, The Windows 10 and...
  9. Unlink local Administrators account from Microsoft Account - Is there a solution???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unlink local Administrators account from Microsoft Account - Is there a solution???: This is crazy. I linked my local Administrator account (which has been active since Windows 7, then I upgraded to Windows 10) to my Microsoft account. I only did this because Microsoft said it would be easier when changing hardware (montherboard died) to re-establish my...
  10. Remove Microsoft Account from administrator?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove Microsoft Account from administrator?: Hi, I created a Outlook MIcrosoft account, and now its attached to my elevated administrator account. I understand I can unhide the other option for admistrator, but it will not be elevated. I want it like I had it before. I want to retain the elevated account, but...