Windows 10: Dell 1708FP monitor problem

Discus and support Dell 1708FP monitor problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and something strange is happening with my monitor. It is a Dell 1708FP connected to a standard display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Montana, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Montana Win User

Dell 1708FP monitor problem

I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and something strange is happening with my monitor. It is a Dell 1708FP connected to a standard display adapter. The upgrade process configured them as a basic display adapter and generic non-PNP monitor.

Everything works great after I boot. But when the power options turn off the monitor, it comes back looking all faint and washed out. This does not happen when I turn the monitor off with the power button.

I changed the power setting to never turn the monitor off, which I hope will work for now (haven't given it much time yet). Anyone else seen a situation like this>

Thanks for your help.

:)

Montana, Dec 23, 2015
  2. Erik Tank Win User

Windows 10 - Can't change resolution after waking from sleep

I'm having the same problem. Two Dell Dell P2715Q monitors running DP 4K60, and one Samsung 4K in the middle. Usually it is the right Dell that has a problem and is detected as a max resolution of 1440 instead of 4K. It looks terrible and messed up graphically
    however, unlike when I manually set it to 1440 which looks fine. If I power cycle the monitor it gets picked up again as a 4K monitor. Computer never sleeps - only monitors do. I have the real drivers installed on both Dell monitors and it only ever happens
    to the Dells on DP. The Samsung is hooked up via HDMI 2.0. The Samsung on HDMI 2.0 never has a problem. The Dells have always been a problem since I've used the Dell monitors over a year ago now.

Has there been no resolve to this?

Erik Tank, Dec 23, 2015
  3. Windows 10 with 3 Monitors

I have the same issue with my new Dell Precision 7510 laptop which came loaded with Windows 10. My previous Dell Precision M4800 loaded with Windows 7 was using the same Dell docking station with two Dell monitors connected via DVI and one Dell monitor
    connected via VGA, and all three monitors worked.

I've updated all the drivers including the latest for the AMD FirePro W5170m and the built-in Intel HD Graphics 530.

I've gone into the BIOS and enabled the built-in video card.

If I unplug the second DVI monitor, the monitor running off the VGA will start displaying fine.

As far as I can see, the problem isn't with the hardware or drivers, but seems to be an issue with Windows 10. This matches up with what I've seen from other posts online and would appreciate a solution to this problem.

Patrick Clawson, Dec 23, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

Haven't seen that, personally.

You'd probably do better if you had specific drivers. Your system uses an old nVidia nForce 630 chipset, and may use its integrated graphics or a discrete card.

The most recent drivers nVidia offers for the 630/7100 are for Windows 7. These are the 64 bit version:

Drivers | GeForce

32 bit:

Drivers | GeForce

You may have to use compatibility mode to install them. In principle, they ought to work: Win 10 can supposedly use drivers as old as WDDM 1.0 (Vista).

Best of luck.

bobkn, Dec 23, 2015
  5. Montana Win User
    Thanks, bobkn. That fixed the problem.

Montana, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Dell 1708FP monitor problem - Similar Threads - Dell 1708FP monitor

2. Problem in connecting HD Monitor to Display port Dell Optiplex7060SFF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem in connecting HD Monitor to Display port Dell Optiplex7060SFF: Dear Sir / Madam,I am looking forward to upgrade my PC to Win 11 with the purchase of Dell Optiplex7060SFF PC.However I have a hard time trying to connect the monitor to the Display Port of the model.Neither Standard HDMI Male , Mini HDMI or Micro HDMI connector can fit into...
  3. Problem in connecting HD Monitor to Display port Dell Optiplex7060SFF

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem in connecting HD Monitor to Display port Dell Optiplex7060SFF: Dear Sir / Madam,I am looking forward to upgrade my PC to Win 11 with the purchase of Dell Optiplex7060SFF PC.However I have a hard time trying to connect the monitor to the Display Port of the model.Neither Standard HDMI Male , Mini HDMI or Micro HDMI connector can fit into...
  4. Dell Problem . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dell Problem . . .: I have a Dell Vostro 3583 laptop, running Windows 10 Pro. It's set up, to go past, the login screen. And, right to the, desktop. I know, I could eliminate, the password. But not, even seeing, the login screen. Is much better! Now, something has changed. The first screen...
  5. Dell monitor P2419h driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell monitor P2419h driver: I have a Dell P2419h monitor that I'm trying to connect to my laptop. It connects, but the resolution isn't great 1600x900. I should be able to get 1920x1080. I downloaded the Dell driver, but I get the following message: The following connected monitors have been detected:...
  6. Dell Problem . . .

Dell Problem . . .: I have a Dell laptop, running Windows 10 Pro. It's set up, to go past, the login screen. And, right to the, desktop. I know, I could eliminate, the password. But not, even seeing, the login screen. Is much better! Now, something has changed. The first screen that comes up....
  7. Dell Monitor Camera

Dell Monitor Camera: I have a Dell Monitor hooked to a Dell XPS Laptop. I want to use the monitor camera not the laptop camera. I've tried the suggestions from a closed thread about activating the camera but when I try the steps it keeps going to the laptop camera. Suggestions or am I asking...
  8. Dell Monitor U2713H (DP) image problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dell Monitor U2713H (DP) image problem: Attached are three files which show what I am seeing - some sort f overlay or distortion. This began a few days ago - and cleared up for about a day - then reverted to what you see. I've tried uninstalling the monitor, scan for changes and updated the driver (which didn't...
  9. monitor add on with a Dell Laptop

monitor add on with a Dell Laptop: i'm trying to add a second HP monitor to my Dell laptop.Its not being identified and says to check my cable connections or to select Extend and it wont let me change my setting...
  10. Driver for Dell monitor IN2010N

Driver for Dell monitor IN2010N: I can't seem to find the Driver for Dell monitor IN2010N on their website. Any idea what I can do, because the screen have no buttons to change contract etc... 90476

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell fp monitor blank screen

2. dell 1708fp does not turn off

3. dell 1708 monitor