Windows 10: Dell 9200 running slow

Discus and support Dell 9200 running slow in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dimension 9200 Intel Dual core CPU 6600 2.4 GHz Service TAG 58XXR2J .. though had HDD changes, dropped RAID and increased RAM to 4 GB Since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sargan, Aug 12, 2018.

1. sargan Win User

Dell 9200 running slow

I have a Dimension 9200 Intel Dual core CPU 6600 2.4 GHz
    Service TAG 58XXR2J .. though had HDD changes, dropped RAID and increased RAM to 4 GB

Since upgrading to W10 the PC has become painfully slow ..... gives these timings as a clue.

Press start - Dell splash screen then, goes black and around 2 min before login screen arrives
    Then 40 sec after entering password - again goes to black screen for 90 sec, then desktop starts arriving .. another 60 secs before anything can be opened.
    So start up is at least 5min before you can start ..... opening anything i.e a browser is a big delay before it arrives and you can use.
    This is not WiFi issues it is on a physical Ethernet with 70MB broadband.
    I have tried a PC 'service'
    # removed all excess items form Startup
    # run CCleaner to clean out rubbish
    # run CCleaner to clean registry
    # run Malwarebytes to check for nothing nasty (PC has KIS for security)
    # run Disk Defrag to get HDD in order
    # OS & user priles on 1 HDD and files storage on 2nd HDD
    # W10 is fully up to date
    It is so slow its painful

The PC was upgraded to 4 GB RAM ..... 4 x 1GB DDR2 DIMMS
    Thinking of 2 options
    RAM
    Can this motherboard support more RAM, if so I could go to 4 x 2 GB or even 4 x 4 GB
    Is this a good option ? ..... what is maximum speed RAM I should buy ?
    Seems to be plenty of used (guaranteed) RAM on sale, so not too expensive
    HDD
    Currently OS & user profiles on a standard HDD (which came with PC)
    I could change OS drive to SSD ...

:)

sargan, Aug 12, 2018
  2. RejZoR Win User

AMD A6-9200 APU, what is this thing?

Did you read? It's listed as A6-9200. Not 9210 or 9220. 9200 DEAD.

RejZoR, Aug 12, 2018
  3. windows 10 running slow

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to run System maintenance troubleshooter.

Try the followings steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Select "System maintenance"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Dell 9200 running slow

WHY IS WINDOWS 10 RUNNING SO SLOW?

Hi Sven,

Thanks for showing interest on Windows 10.

I would suggest you to Run Maintenance task

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

Dell 9200 running slow

1. Dell 9200 running slow - Similar Threads - Dell 9200 running

2. Laptop running slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop running slow: Hi! So i bought this laptop in September 2022, but when i bought it, it was really smooth, but after like 1 month, it started running slow, so i totally wiped the NVMe and after installing windows 11 again, i wasn't getting the same feeling, games started stuttering and so...
  3. slow dell laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slow dell laptop: I bought a brand new dell laptop but for the start it was so slow specs:-cpu: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz-gpu: intel iris xe graphics- ram: 8 gb-disk: 1tb hddthe first thing I noticed was the disk usage, it was 100%, so I searched for solutions on the...
  4. slow dell laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    slow dell laptop: I bought a brand new dell laptop but for the start it was so slow specs:-cpu: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz-gpu: intel iris xe graphics- ram: 8 gb-disk: 1tb hddthe first thing I noticed was the disk usage, it was 100%, so I searched for solutions on the...
  5. Dell slow to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell slow to open: HiWhy when i leave my dell OptiPlex alone for a long time then come back it's like it takes forever to open where i left offlike it goes to sleep seems like its stuck to open?THANK YOU...
  6. DELL - Slow for no reason

DELL - Slow for no reason: Hey all, I have a Dell computer that I just restored and updated. When ever it loads something it maxes out the CPU usage and takes 3-10 seconds to load. No matter if its a webpage or program it takes forever and the CPU maxes out. Specs Processor: AMD A6-9225 RADEON R4,...
  7. DELL OPTIPLEX so slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DELL OPTIPLEX so slow: tried everything anything else to speed up searching 2 min wait for website cleared all history etc big delay when i typeing in search box 1904 [img] Thank you 147187
  8. RUNNING SLOW

RUNNING SLOW: WHAT IS SUPERFETCH? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/running-slow/12ca2177-d2bb-49b3-a3d0-4f786f03435a
  9. Workstations run slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Workstations run slow: https://we.tl/t-Ty64eplfOP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/workstations-run-slow/38a90c9c-d834-4d4c-9a8f-1b1ef5dc7c37
  10. dell laptop loading slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    dell laptop loading slow: hi, guys I have a laptop Inspiron M5040 , resonantly downloaded windows 10 , installed solid state drive, running avast anti virus /free malwarebyes and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploi, always check for windows updates, when I surf from site to site the web pages seem to take...