Windows 10: Dell Backup and Recovery Error

Discus and support Dell Backup and Recovery Error in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, I installed the latest Dell Backup and Recovery 1.9.0.22 on my Windows 10 pro Dell 7720. But I get the below error while initializing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by sasha007, Aug 19, 2015.

1. sasha007 Win User

Dell Backup and Recovery Error

Hi,

I installed the latest Dell Backup and Recovery 1.9.0.22 on my Windows 10 pro Dell 7720. But I get the below error while initializing

Dell Backup and Recovery Error [​IMG]

Can some one please help?

PS:- I did a clean install and do not have a recovery partition..

:)

sasha007, Aug 19, 2015
  2. Snowy55 Win User

Dell Backup and Recovery Factory Recovery Disk

I recently upgraded my Dell Inspiron 15R Core i7 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 (which I like very much better than 8.1 by the way) and Dell Backup and Recovery keeps reminding me that I need to make a new Factory Recovery Disk. I have created a System Repair
    Disk and created a System Image using the Windows utilities on Control Panel, but not a Dell Recovery Disk.

Do I need to do this?

Also, Dell Backup and Recovery keeps displaying annoying popup messages that are mostly advertising, and I am considering uninstalling it, but I have read mixed views on whether this is a good idea.

Is it safe to do this? Would I still be able to backup and recover my PC without it?

I haven't found anything on this topic from Win 10 users, so I would really appreciate some up-to-date advice. I find Dell Backup and Recovery 10% useful and 90% annoying, but I am scared to get rid of it without some reassurance (from someone other than
    Dell).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Snowy55, Aug 19, 2015
  3. Dell backup and recovery

Hi,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. I will try to help you with this issue.

Unplug all external devices connected to the computer and restart the computer to check if that helps you to get to the desktop screen.

Once you are able to get to the desktop screen,

You may update the Display driver from the Device Manager and check if this helps.

1. Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

2. Expand “Display Adaptor”.

3. Right click on the video driver and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Review Windows Update. The Windows Update service is a key item to review. Windows Update may have updated drivers available that may be relevant to your current issue. Many times, updated drivers are listed in the "Optional" section of Windows Update.
    Install any pending updates on the pc to check if that helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 19, 2015
Thema:

Dell Backup and Recovery Error

1. Dell Backup and Recovery Error - Similar Threads - Dell Backup Recovery

2. Backup and recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup and recovery: I’ve used the Idrive cloud backup service to back up my Windows 10 home computer. Now I would like to download my backed up systems and data and populate a brand new Windows 11 computer. My question is can I directly download everything to a Windows 11 machine and have it...
  3. Backup and recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup and recovery: I’ve used the Idrive cloud backup service to back up my Windows 10 home computer. Now I would like to download my backed up systems and data and populate a brand new Windows 11 computer. My question is can I directly download everything to a Windows 11 machine and have it...
  4. Backup and recovery

Backup and recovery: I have read many posts, and many appear to me to be dated prior to Windows 10, or locked. So I am trying to get an understanding of what is what. 1. 1. What data is on a Recovery disc CD/DVD? 2. 2. What data is on a Repair disc? 3. 3. What data is on...
  5. Backup And Recovery

in Windows 10 Customization
    Backup And Recovery: Hello, I have set up a 1TB internal hard disk space for my Backup and Recovery, Everything was fine until a few days back. Now am getting an error message as "File History Drive was Disconnected fort too Long. Reconnect it and then tap or click to keep saving copies of your...
  6. Recovery & Backup

Recovery & Backup: Dear reader, Thank you to take some of your precious time to read my post and help me solve the following problem with the system backup Following latest windows update version: 10.0.17134 build 17134 ASUS T200TA ; Windows10 version: 10.0.17134 build 17134 There is no...
  7. Dell Backup and Recovery Manager does not recognize my Dell

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Dell Backup and Recovery Manager does not recognize my Dell: After the upgrade to Win 10 Pro from Win 7 Pro, my Dell Backup and Recovery Manager gives me an error message basically saying it does not recognize my Dell [e5420 laptop]. Dell support suggested I contact Microsoft support as this new problem is due to the Win 10 upgrade. MS...
  8. Uninstall dell backup and recovery windows 10

Uninstall dell backup and recovery windows 10: I have a Dell Inspiron 17R laptop that came with Windows 8. I downloaded 8.1 and used that since 2013. I am now using Windows 10 and it has been it good transition until the last update. I keep getting messages about dell backup and recovery not being compatible with this...
  9. Dell Backup & Recovery updated for Windows 10

Dell Backup & Recovery updated for Windows 10: Just for info for those that have a Dell with all the Dell software still installed The Backup & Recovery software has been updated and it has updated the recovery partitions for Windows 10 I have no blank media at the moment to test, but you can now create recovery...
  10. dell backup and recovery

dell backup and recovery: My wife is thinking about upgrading to windows 10 BUT she gets this message to please be sure to update to the latest version of Dell back up and recovery before upgrading to windows 10..My question is how does she know if she even has this program and is it really necessary...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell back up recovery error