Windows 10: Dell Backup and Recovery Manager does not recognize my Dell

Discus and support Dell Backup and Recovery Manager does not recognize my Dell in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; After the upgrade to Win 10 Pro from Win 7 Pro, my Dell Backup and Recovery Manager gives me an error message basically saying it does not recognize my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by PeterL, Aug 20, 2015.

1. PeterL Win User

Dell Backup and Recovery Manager does not recognize my Dell

After the upgrade to Win 10 Pro from Win 7 Pro, my Dell Backup and Recovery Manager gives me an error message basically saying it does not recognize my Dell [e5420 laptop]. Dell support suggested I contact Microsoft support as this new problem is due to the Win 10 upgrade. MS support suggested getting a product upgrade from Dell (I have the latest version!)

Anyone know what is going on? I reinstalled Dell System Detect, which appears to work fine, but still the Backup and Recovery Manager does not see a Dell product.

Thanks,

Peter

:)

PeterL, Aug 20, 2015

2. Dell backup and recovery manager not working

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that your Dell backup and recovery manager is not working. The above application was provided by the computer's manufacturer, that is, Dell OEM. If you are referring to the backup and recovery drive that was created by
    the OEM, then, I suggest that you provide the exact error code and message that you have received. Also, send a screenshot for the same.

This is so as the recovery drive will play an important role if you wish to revert back to the OS that was installed during the purchase of the PC.

I suggest that you contact their support forum as they will be better equipped to help you with your issue.

Desktops General - Dell Community

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 20, 2015
  3. CBGilpin Win User
    Dell backup and recovery manager not working

updated to Windows 10, get message Dell backup and recovery not working. Can I just delete it, it came with the computer.

Dell backup and recovery- Original Title

CBGilpin, Aug 20, 2015
Thema:

Dell Backup and Recovery Manager does not recognize my Dell

1. Dell Backup and Recovery Manager does not recognize my Dell - Similar Threads - Dell Backup Recovery

2. Dell Client Management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Client Management: Dell Client Managment doesn't run because of a software problem or conflict in my settings, programs, windows or Dell Sofware. Maybe Firewall or antivirus. If I go to Program Data / Dell/ Update Services Folder and delete the Client folder it will run after I start it in...
  3. dell client management

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dell client management: i was in dervices and tried to run dell client management and i got n error 14001 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-client-management/3e88eec6-5a76-42ca-af16-298893fabba4
  4. dell client management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dell client management: i was in dervices and tried to run dell client management and i got n error 14001 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-client-management/3e88eec6-5a76-42ca-af16-298893fabba4
  5. dell client management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Dell backup and restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell backup and restore: Dell backup and restore has been running for 14 hours, is something wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-backup-and-restore/a31854b5-8606-409a-a1c7-d6491372a9ef
  7. Uninstall dell backup and recovery windows 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Uninstall dell backup and recovery windows 10: I have a Dell Inspiron 17R laptop that came with Windows 8. I downloaded 8.1 and used that since 2013. I am now using Windows 10 and it has been it good transition until the last update. I keep getting messages about dell backup and recovery not being compatible with this...
  8. Dell Backup & Recovery updated for Windows 10

Dell Backup & Recovery updated for Windows 10: Just for info for those that have a Dell with all the Dell software still installed The Backup & Recovery software has been updated and it has updated the recovery partitions for Windows 10 I have no blank media at the moment to test, but you can now create recovery...
  9. Dell Backup and Recovery Error

Dell Backup and Recovery Error: Hi, I installed the latest Dell Backup and Recovery 1.9.0.22 on my Windows 10 pro Dell 7720. But I get the below error while initializing [img] Can some one please help? PS:- I did a clean install and do not have a recovery partition.. 17963
  10. dell backup and recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dell backup and recovery: My wife is thinking about upgrading to windows 10 BUT she gets this message to please be sure to update to the latest version of Dell back up and recovery before upgrading to windows 10..My question is how does she know if she even has this program and is it really necessary...