Windows 10: Dell Backup & Recovery updated for Windows 10

Discus and support Dell Backup & Recovery updated for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Just for info for those that have a Dell with all the Dell software still installed The Backup & Recovery software has been updated and it has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by paulsalter, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Dell Backup & Recovery updated for Windows 10

Just for info for those that have a Dell with all the Dell software still installed

The Backup & Recovery software has been updated and it has updated the recovery partitions for Windows 10

I have no blank media at the moment to test, but you can now create recovery disks for Windows 10 along with any other backups you may have created for while updating

:)

paulsalter, Aug 3, 2015

2. why do i have yo use a recovery key to log on to my dell laptop

why do i have yo use a recovery key to log on to my dell laptop

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup]

JaneneYancey, Aug 3, 2015
  3. CBGilpin Win User
    Dell backup and recovery manager not working

updated to Windows 10, get message Dell backup and recovery not working. Can I just delete it, it came with the computer.

Dell backup and recovery- Original Title

CBGilpin, Aug 3, 2015
  4. nvidiot Win User

Dell Backup & Recovery updated for Windows 10

Are you able to verify that the recovery partitions created by the new version of Dell Backup & Recovery are in fact for Windows 10?

I did a fresh install of Windows 10 using the ISO from Microsoft, and installed Backup & Recovery and I noticed it create the recovery partitions. I simply blew them away thinking those would have been for Windows 8.1.

If they are indeed for Windows 10 I might consider doing a full restore using them...

Please and thank you.

nvidiot, Aug 7, 2015
  5. not quite sure how to confirm if they are without doing a restore

It did spend a lot of time after updating it saying it was updating the recovery partitions, unfortunately the partitions don't really have a helps title to say its win 10

paulsalter, Aug 7, 2015
  6. nvidiot Win User
    Good point.

Please post here if someone knows, of if you ever find out. I'll do the same.

It'd be great to have confirmation.

nvidiot, Aug 7, 2015
  7. Kyhi Win User
    Kyhi, Aug 7, 2015
  8. Dell Backup & Recovery updated for Windows 10

mine was an auto upgrade so cant remember exact wording

it was something along the line of you have upgraded your os and recovery partitions need to be upgraded, it then did upgrading of them for about 30 mins

it wants me to create new media to usb/disk now, when I get some I will test to see what it creates

paulsalter, Aug 7, 2015
  9. Kyhi Win User
    create the recovery media via DBR and read the reagent.xml or resetconfig.xml (open with Notepad)

no need to test Dell Reset - But wonder if it used Old Recovery image partition as source for recovery image
    As it states you can remove the partition, But Windows 10 DOES NOT use a recovery image partition

I will test on a Windows 10 System without a recovery partition or prior installation of DBR

Kyhi, Aug 7, 2015
  10. Word Man Win User
    I drilled down for my specific Inspiron 15 7548's service tag and installed the DBAR update to version 1.9.0.22. Haven't tested restore yet but may get a chance soon if no one else does and reports back. I'll do offline Macrium v6 image of entire disk first though.

Word Man, Aug 11, 2015
  11. sasha007 Win User
    Hi,

I installed the latest Dell Backup and Recovery 1.9.0.22 on my Windows 10 pro Dell 7720. But I get the below error while initializing

Dell Backup & Recovery updated for Windows 10 [​IMG]

Can some one please help?

PS:- I did a clean install and do not have a recovery partition..

sasha007, Aug 19, 2015
  12. Word Man Win User
    Your link gives me a not found error.

Did you upgrade this machine to WIn 10 or did you just recently buy it from Dell with Win 10 already on it?
    Sorry, just noticed your system spec says Win 8.1.

Mine came win Win 8.1 2 months ago and I created the DBAR recovery media on a USB drive (one flash and one on an external).

As I researched Win 10 upgrades/installs at a site I like by Phillip Yip (has some good unofficial guides specific to Dell machines), I decided I agreed with him that my Dell factory restore partition was irrelevant. I still have the Win8.1 recovery media if it all goes sideways and so, after I did the Win 10 UPGRADE from a USB stick I loaded using MS's Media Creation Tool, and saw that was properly activated, I did a clean install. During the clean install I just totally deleted all partitions from the SSD and, after successfully clean installing and activating Win 10, I imaged the entire disk with Macrium and did a full system backup with the "Windows 7" backup tool in Win10's control panel.

Yes, I would have felt warmer and fuzzier if I still had an intact and functional Dell factory restore partition, especially if it had actually "updated" it to a "Win 10 factory restore DBAR partition", but I've got enough disk images (and have test restored them) such that I'm OK just recovering the 7-8 GB and moving on.

Seems like that latest Dell Backup and Recovery version is not that great for Win 10 unless you want to pay for the premium version and that I wouldn't know the real value of.

Do you have any alternative backups?

Word Man, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Dell Backup & Recovery updated for Windows 10

1. Dell Backup & Recovery updated for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Dell Backup Recovery

2. Backup and recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup and recovery: I’ve used the Idrive cloud backup service to back up my Windows 10 home computer. Now I would like to download my backed up systems and data and populate a brand new Windows 11 computer. My question is can I directly download everything to a Windows 11 machine and have it...
  3. Backup and recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup and recovery: I’ve used the Idrive cloud backup service to back up my Windows 10 home computer. Now I would like to download my backed up systems and data and populate a brand new Windows 11 computer. My question is can I directly download everything to a Windows 11 machine and have it...
  4. Backup and recovery

Backup and recovery: I have read many posts, and many appear to me to be dated prior to Windows 10, or locked. So I am trying to get an understanding of what is what. 1. 1. What data is on a Recovery disc CD/DVD? 2. 2. What data is on a Repair disc? 3. 3. What data is on...
  5. Recovery & Backup

Recovery & Backup: Dear reader, Thank you to take some of your precious time to read my post and help me solve the following problem with the system backup Following latest windows update version: 10.0.17134 build 17134 ASUS T200TA ; Windows10 version: 10.0.17134 build 17134 There is no...
  6. Dell Backup and Recovery Manager does not recognize my Dell

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Dell Backup and Recovery Manager does not recognize my Dell: After the upgrade to Win 10 Pro from Win 7 Pro, my Dell Backup and Recovery Manager gives me an error message basically saying it does not recognize my Dell [e5420 laptop]. Dell support suggested I contact Microsoft support as this new problem is due to the Win 10 upgrade. MS...
  7. Windows 10 - Backup/Restore/Recovery

Windows 10 - Backup/Restore/Recovery: Windows 10 - Backup/Restore/Recovery (Computer Dummy) I would like to enquire how to go about creating a system restore/backup/recovery for installed Windows 10. Two of my computers (Lenovo and 2x Medion) have a factory installed Windows 8 in a recovery designated...
  8. Uninstall dell backup and recovery windows 10

Uninstall dell backup and recovery windows 10: I have a Dell Inspiron 17R laptop that came with Windows 8. I downloaded 8.1 and used that since 2013. I am now using Windows 10 and it has been it good transition until the last update. I keep getting messages about dell backup and recovery not being compatible with this...
  9. Dell Backup and Recovery Error

Dell Backup and Recovery Error: Hi, I installed the latest Dell Backup and Recovery 1.9.0.22 on my Windows 10 pro Dell 7720. But I get the below error while initializing [img] Can some one please help? PS:- I did a clean install and do not have a recovery partition.. 17963
  10. dell backup and recovery

dell backup and recovery: My wife is thinking about upgrading to windows 10 BUT she gets this message to please be sure to update to the latest version of Dell back up and recovery before upgrading to windows 10..My question is how does she know if she even has this program and is it really necessary...