Windows 10: Dell Bios A14 VS A17

Discus and support Dell Bios A14 VS A17 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, What should I expect if I were to use a HD containing win10 which was installed on a PC having A17 bios on a otherwise equal PC having bios A14 ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klong915, Aug 13, 2016.

1. klong915 Win User

Dell Bios A14 VS A17

Hi,
    What should I expect if I were to use a HD containing win10 which was installed on a PC having A17 bios on a otherwise equal PC having bios A14 ?
    Yes this is not a good idea, but the pc with win10 having A17 bios has developed vidio problems that are not worth fixing.
    I expect this just to fall a part but I can no longer take advantage of free win10 upgrade.
    Thanks,
    Keith

:)

klong915, Aug 13, 2016

2. KB3193494 cannot be installed and is rolled back

To my surprise the KB3200970 installed correctly on my Dell Precision 5510. I am not sure if Microsoft fixed the problem, the BIOS upgrade (Dell Precision 5510 A14) fixed it or the updated Intel Display driver (Intel HD Graphics P530). My updates are working
    again...

Ramon de Klein (NL), Aug 13, 2016
  3. KyleBorg Win User
    Fan Problems

I currently have the A14 BIOS so it's not the BIOS problem.

KyleBorg, Aug 13, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

Dell Bios A14 VS A17

It may be OK. The OS may be completely insensitive to the BIOS revision.

Or, if the A14 PC has a working Windows installation, you could simply update the BIOS with a download from support.dell.com. (I looked; it's there.)

Otherwise, you can probably still take advantage of the free upgrade.

http://betanews.com/2016/08/04/how-t...s-10-for-free/

bobkn, Aug 13, 2016
  5. klong915 Win User
    Well I guess I could just see what happens. Yes the drive has 3 working boots using the A17 bios, win7, win10 and mint rafaela. These lap tops are the same physically but the A17's nvidia section it no longer behaving. I will update with results. I don't see changing the bios path. If it doesn't work ok using the A14 bios then trust a bios change, if you can even get there?

klong915, Aug 13, 2016
  6. klong915 Win User
    Hi,
    Yes the unusable pc with A17 bios (on HD with win7-10 system installed) booted on like pc having A14 bios. software/firm ware was reinstalled after boot automatically.
    Thanks,
    Keith

klong915, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Dell Bios A14 VS A17

1. Dell Bios A14 VS A17 - Similar Threads - Dell Bios A14

2. DELL PC BIOS upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DELL PC BIOS upgrade: I have a 10-year-old DELL PC Optiplex 3010 and still receive BIOS updates from DELL. I've collected about 2 dozen updates and never installed any of them. If I had a backup plan I would have installed them. However, knowing how a bad BIOS update can brick a PC I've always...
  3. DELL PC BIOS upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DELL PC BIOS upgrade: I have a 10-year-old DELL PC Optiplex 3010 and still receive BIOS updates from DELL. I've collected about 2 dozen updates and never installed any of them. If I had a backup plan I would have installed them. However, knowing how a bad BIOS update can brick a PC I've always...
  4. UEFI vs BIOS: What is the difference between BIOS and UEFI?

in Windows 10 News
    UEFI vs BIOS: What is the difference between BIOS and UEFI?: [ATTACH]Is UEFI better or should you use BIOS? Anyone who is interested in understanding how their personal computers work will find this guide to be helpful. We explain the difference between BIOS (Basic Input-Output System) & UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) in...
  5. Alienware (Dell) BIOS update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alienware (Dell) BIOS update: Denis @Try3 I have started a thread here to try to better explain and not clog up Site Bugs. Site Bugs and Suggestions [4] Normally, since I've had this machine, about 3 1/2 years, BIOS updates are shown to me as part of the Alienware Update app or if I go to Dell Support...
  6. Windows 10 vs Dell 1320c

Windows 10 vs Dell 1320c: Although I don't use it very often saving the planet, paperless society and all that, my Dell 1320c printer worked fine for years on Win 7. Upgraded to Win 10 a few months back and installed the updated Win 10 drivers. Performs all of the self tests perfectly adequately up...
  7. DELL BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DELL BIOS: I can’t access to bios of my DELL laptop. If I press the button during the restart I go to a weird BIOS, not the classic one. Maybe it's a DELL bios, but I can't do what I must do from this bios. https://imgur.com/a/3t1NU7p submitted by /u/brainsolf [link] [comments]...
  8. DELL BIOS USB not showing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DELL BIOS USB not showing: The usb is not showing but it is plugged in...[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-bios-usb-not-showing/8dcac72a-c996-49e2-94b7-231b98b874c8
  9. BIOS Dell

BIOS Dell: [IMG]And this is a full screen[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bios-dell/6024b2e5-3f2e-4afc-8093-e283380b6dc2
  10. UEFI vs BIOS

in Windows 10 Support
    UEFI vs BIOS: My computer has UEFI installed but when I go to the BIOS I see an old fashioned BIOS. I thought UEFI was supposed to replace the BIOS. Can someone explain? 81410

Users found this page by searching for:

1. a04 vs a14 bios

2. dell xps bios a17 update

3. dell system bios update A14 does not install 2019

4. dell bios update A14