Windows 10: Dell Black Screen w/logo at start-up can't go beyond

Discus and support Dell Black Screen w/logo at start-up can't go beyond in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi; I have a Dell XPS 8700 this is the second time this has happened I get a Black screen with the Dell logo at start-up, and the computer won't go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by EnriqueZ, Feb 21, 2017.

1. EnriqueZ Win User

Dell Black Screen w/logo at start-up can't go beyond

Hi;
    I have a Dell XPS 8700 this is the second time this has happened I get a Black screen with the Dell logo at start-up, and the computer won't go beyond this.
    Pressing F12 don't do anything, I can't get into BIOS.

The first time they replaced the Main Logic board, It worked for a month what methods are available to fix this issue?
    Is there a corrected Main Logic Board available?

Dell XPS 8700 build date: 9/2015
    Thanks;

'Happy George Windowsten's Day'!

:)

EnriqueZ, Feb 21, 2017

2. Dell Inspiron 14Z

The only way to get the Laptop to come on is to remove the corrupted hard drive and it will boot to CMOS BIOS. We can see on screen that it does work which confirms the corrupt HD. W 10 download tell the screen to go black on startup. Dell does not accept
    that and crashes. No help from Dell they say it's a W 10 Windows 10 problem not theirs. W 10 says it's an Old Computer and to reinstall the drivers. You can't install the drivers because the computer will not boot with the corrupt HD in it. You can't get a
    generic HD for a Dell. It has to come from Dell. The machine is broken because of W 10.

Richard Stevens 222, Feb 21, 2017
  3. BetsyCole Win User
    Black screen with blinking cursor

I run Windows 10 and have a black screen with a blinking cursor in the upper left corner. I can hit Control, Alt, Delete, and it reboots momentarily, show the Dell logo and F2 Setup anf F12 Boot Options in the lower right corner. Regardless of what key
    I hit, it goes right back to the Black screen w/ cursor. I can't seem to do anything. Any suggestions?

BetsyCole, Feb 21, 2017
  4. Kyhi Win User

to get into the BOIS it is F2, F12 is for boot menu

5. spunk Win User
    You have a hardware problem. Unplug any external USB devices other then keyboard and mouse.
    If you still can't start, shut down computer, take off side, unplug all unnecessary Hardware (ie) HDD, CD rom drive etc. As mentioned, restart and press F2 to enter Setup (Bios) If that works, shut down and plug in CD drive and restart. If that works, shut down and plug in HDD, if anyone device keeps the computer from booting, then that is the bad device. If you can get into the Bios with the HDD attached, but no further, restart and press F12 and do the Diagnostics.

spunk, Feb 22, 2017
  6. EnriqueZ Win User
    'Happy George Windowsten's Day'!

EnriqueZ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Dell Black Screen w/logo at start-up can't go beyond - Similar Threads - Dell Black Screen

2. Black screen after dell logo appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after dell logo appear: any expert know what went wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-after-dell-logo-appear/c99452ce-2c47-46ea-a34d-3f42f9a921d9
  3. Black screen after dell logo appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after dell logo appear: any expert know what went wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-after-dell-logo-appear/c99452ce-2c47-46ea-a34d-3f42f9a921d9
  4. Black screen after dell logo appear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Im stuck in Dell logo but this time it freezed w

Im stuck in Dell logo but this time it freezed w: When i tried to press F2 or F12 nothing happened i can just hear the sound of the laptop but nothing else i can doHow that happened?My battery is bad if i removed the plug.. after 10minThe laptop shutdown automaticlyI pressed the power key and here we are it freezed in the...
  6. Black screen on start up after the windows logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen on start up after the windows logo: So I am getting a black screen right after it shows the windows logo, I tried rebooting but the only thing that worked with me was reinstalling windows OS. Problem is after I reinstall windows, in a couple of hours after using the the PC again, this problem happens again....
  7. Black screen on start up after the windows logo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen on start up after the windows logo: So I am getting a black screen right after it shows the windows logo, I tried rebooting but the only thing that worked with me was reinstalling windows OS. Problem is after I reinstall windows, in a couple of hours after using the the PC again, this problem happens again....
  8. Will not go beyond blue screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will not go beyond blue screen: I am getting more and more freaked out. My computer keeps starting with the blue "select a keyboard" screen. Then a screen that has two options: "Troubleshoot" or "turn off your PC". Nothing in the advanced troubleshooting options works. I keep trying to troubleshoot...
  9. start up black screen after brief start with samsung logo

start up black screen after brief start with samsung logo: black screen after brief resart. im trying to go into repair mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-black-screen-after-brief-start-with/96ca164c-a37a-47b6-a703-3c1c125c0b47
  10. Black screen after dell logo

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after dell logo: Hi, on my dell laptop I installed windows 10 perfectly fine. I then did a restart of the laptop but every time I turn the laptop on the dell logo shows up and then...... Nothing. Just a black screen. anyone know how to fix? thanks in advance josh 18626