Windows 10: Dell display turning grey

Discus and support Dell display turning grey in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My Dell Inspiron One 2020 monitor turns grey after a few seconds. It's not completely black, just grey, so I don't think it's going to sleep. After it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Tragik, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Tragik Win User

Dell display turning grey

My Dell Inspiron One 2020 monitor turns grey after a few seconds. It's not completely black, just grey, so I don't think it's going to sleep. After it turns grey I have to relog into my account. I have to move my mouse every few seconds to prevent this from happening, which gets quite annoying. It also only occurs on one account on this computer, other accounts are fine. Anyone know how to fix this? I can't find a problem similar to this online.

:)

Tragik, Oct 21, 2017
  2. brunob7 Win User

Rotation lock greyed out

go to tablet mode then in display settings turn on landscape flipped and the rotate lock will out grey, then just turn it off.

regards

brunob7, Oct 21, 2017
  3. Autorotation problem

My laptop is dell inspiron 13 with windows 10. The rotation lock is on and grey so I can't change it. How do I turn it off?

RishMechineni, Oct 21, 2017
  4. Dell display turning grey

Hi Tragik.

Try resetting power plan to defaults for that user?

Did you enable Night Shift for this user, it is supposed to turn warmer, not grey.

Have you check setting for Integrated graphics for this user?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 25, 2017
Thema:

Dell display turning grey

1. Dell display turning grey - Similar Threads - Dell display turning

2. Wallpaper keeps turning grey.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wallpaper keeps turning grey.: My Windows wallpaper keeps turning grey. I've checked the drivers for updates and they seem to be up to date. Couldn't find a fix anywhere.The chosen wallpaper will appear for a couple of seconds then turn grey as shown in screenshot....
  3. No display but turns on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No display but turns on?: So long story short, I was attempting to enter the advanced startup menu however it never showed usually reverting me to my signup screen or not sending a signal to my display but still showing power, after several attempts now my computer runs but the under glow light...
  4. No display but turns on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No display but turns on?: So long story short, I was attempting to enter the advanced startup menu however it never showed usually reverting me to my signup screen or not sending a signal to my display but still showing power, after several attempts now my computer runs but the under glow light...
  5. Display Scale and Layout is Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Scale and Layout is Greyed Out: I have just got a new laptop and am configuring my 2 additional monitors. The scale and layout settings are greyed out as shown below, not allowing me to adjust the resolution of monitor #3. I have reinstalled the graphics driver, checked for windows updates and restarted. If...
  6. Horizontal grey lines on display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Horizontal grey lines on display: Hi There's are strange grey lines appearing on a computer when it is connected to a terminal server. The display on the right is from an external monitor, the one on the left ist from the Laptop. When the external display gets turned off, the lines appear on the Laptop's...
  7. Windows wallpaper turns grey

Windows wallpaper turns grey: HiI am facing this kind of issue. Whenever I restart my system I will get this grey background. I have tried to update the drivers but it is displaying as the best kind of drivers are already installed and I have also updated to the latest version. When I go to change the...
  8. rotation lock is greyed out - I have to manually change display orientation on my Dell...

rotation lock is greyed out - I have to manually change display orientation on my Dell...: My Dell Notebook computer with Windows 10 used to change display orientation when I turned it on its side. It has stopped doing that, and the setting for rotation lock is in the on position and is greyed out so that I cannot change it....
  9. My bullets are turning grey

My bullets are turning grey: Starting a few months ago, any time I create bullets they automatically turn grey, as well as any text I type after them. I can switch back to the correct color manually, but it's incredibly annoying. Does anyone know why this is, or how to fix it? I've been trying to find...
  10. Display issues - grey band at top of display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display issues - grey band at top of display: A client is having a strange intermittent issue pop up with multiple users. They occasionally have the top inch or two of their second display greyed out. It only happens with a web browser or Acrobat. I've seen it with both Chrome and Edge. While the display is in that...