Windows 10: Dell E6410 - No DVD after Win 10 install - Fixes don't work!

Discus and support Dell E6410 - No DVD after Win 10 install - Fixes don't work! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Open the device manager and right click the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers Right click ALL the ATA Channel 0 and Channel 1 items and reboot As I said in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Piers66, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Piers66 Win User

Dell E6410 - No DVD after Win 10 install - Fixes don't work!

As I said in my first post, there are no entries for IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers in Device Manager.

Besides which, I'm not sure why right-clicking alone would do anything at all. Did you mean to say "Right click and then uninstall", or something like that?

Piers.

Piers66, Jan 10, 2016
  2. Piers66 Win User

I'd still like to know the answer to this question!

Piers66, Jan 10, 2016
  3. Dadicator Win User
    PIERS66 -- HECI is "Intel Management Engine Interface" -- Device Manager => System Devices => Intel Management Engine Interface => Right Click => Properties => Driver Tab => Driver Version & Date visible ---- This is one way

Dadicator, Jan 11, 2016
  4. davehc Win User

Apologies. A typo. Thank you for pointing it out. Edited now.

davehc, Jan 11, 2016
  5. Piers66 Win User
    Hello,

Solved.... sort of!

This morning I turned the laptop on, with the wi-fi switched off (I'm on limited data and all this new OS installing is eating it ridiculously fast), and the DVD/CD drive appeared.

I thought maybe it was a driver conflict with the wi-fi, but the results were inconsistent, and then thought maybe it had something to do with whether I did a hard (shift+) shutdown or not. Following comments on the Linux forum about shutting down Windows completely during the installation / setup phase I got into the habit of doing it all the time. That, and I've always thought it was best to start a PC completely fresh.

Multiple tests later, with and without wi-fi on, with and without shift at shutdown, following either Windows or Linux, and it appears to be the shutdown method that's problem.

Now that I know the DVD drive only appears after a standard shutdown I can live with it.

However, I'd love to know why the type of shutdown should affect the DVD drive, if anyone has any ideas...?

Piers.

Piers66, Jan 11, 2016
  6. Dadicator Win User
    Dadicator, Mar 31, 2016
  7. Thanks much. Had the exact same problem with the E6410, and your fix solved the problem.

Jean Valjean, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Dell E6410 - No DVD after Win 10 install - Fixes don't work! - Similar Threads - Dell E6410 DVD

2. DELL LATITUDE E6410 BLUETOOTH NOT ENABLED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DELL LATITUDE E6410 BLUETOOTH NOT ENABLED: DELL LATITUDE E6410 BLUETOOTH NOT ENABLEDPLEASE HOW CAN I ENABLE MY DELL LATITUDE E6410 BLUETOOTH BECAUSE THE ICON IS NOT SHOWING.KINDLY HELP ME OUT.dunamisaccess...
  3. DELL LATITUDE E6410 BLUETOOTH NOT ENABLED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DELL LATITUDE E6410 BLUETOOTH NOT ENABLED: DELL LATITUDE E6410 BLUETOOTH NOT ENABLEDPLEASE HOW CAN I ENABLE MY DELL LATITUDE E6410 BLUETOOTH BECAUSE THE ICON IS NOT SHOWING.KINDLY HELP ME OUT.dunamisaccess...
  4. Battery power Issue in dell E6410

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery power Issue in dell E6410: My laptop dell e6410 needs to be connected to charger to start. however works without charger once it startsupdated bios to A17 latest still issue is not resolved...
  5. Dell e6410 touchpad upgrade to windows 10 touchpad not working

Dell e6410 touchpad upgrade to windows 10 touchpad not working: did the upgrade when i had to from windows 7, the mouse pointer does not work with the touchpad, the thing in the centre of the keyboard moves it and so does a USB mouse can someone help ?...
  6. E6410 Dell windows 10 clean install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    E6410 Dell windows 10 clean install: Windows 10 x64 pro on DELL E6410 clean UEFI install did not shutdown laptop properly. Shutdown turns off all the devices but still the power button and fan on laptop continued to run, untill manually force stopped. Reinstalled win10 using legacy usb option, in regular bios...
  7. Touchpad not working Dell E6410 - win10 Pro update

Touchpad not working Dell E6410 - win10 Pro update: I´m running Win10 Pro and everything was fine until the latest Windows update. The touchpad stopped working abruptly. I´ve tried to uninstall and reinstall the latest driver and nothing. Going to definitions mouse/touchpad, in mouse everything's ok but for the touchpad I...
  8. DVD Writer GU40N (hitachi LGE) for Dell not working after win 10 upgra

DVD Writer GU40N (hitachi LGE) for Dell not working after win 10 upgra: *Mad*Mad DVD writer not seen on my computer unknown device (suspect is dvd writer) 34491
  9. thinking about purchasing a dell e6410 laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    thinking about purchasing a dell e6410 laptop: good afternoon, I am thinking about purchasing a Dell E6410 laptop later this evening, I would want to update/upgrade it to windows 10 as soon as possible after getting it since I seem to like windows 10 much better than windows 7. I read a few disturbing issues about trying...
  10. Dell latitude E6410 cant install/boot windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell latitude E6410 cant install/boot windows 10: i have a Dell latitude E6410 and i cant get windows 10 working on any other hard drive then then the special hard drive i setup on it. i cant for the life install windows 10 using the uefi+64 bit on this computer. i am trying to hot swap a hard drive to this laptop from my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dvd error message dell 6410