Windows 10: Dell Factory Image Restore

Discus and support Dell Factory Image Restore in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 but I would like to go back to Win 7. It's past the 30 days and so I can't roll back via Win 10. When I use F8,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by ojones, Nov 13, 2015.

1. ojones Win User

Dell Factory Image Restore

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 but I would like to go back to Win 7. It's past the 30 days and so I can't roll back via Win 10. When I use F8, I see that the Dell Factory Image Restore is no longer an option. However, I do have a recovery drive for Win 7. Has Win 10 prevented me from accessing the recovery drive? If so, how do I get around this?

:)

ojones, Nov 13, 2015

2. RESTORE DELL FACTORY IMAGE

in theory yes you should be able to use option 2, as long as you have backed up your stuff

georgebaker, Nov 13, 2015
  3. andi-joy Win User
    RESTORE DELL FACTORY IMAGE

Thank you georgebaker. I've had a go and it was fine till I got to step 5. At that point there is no option 3. I can use option 1 and keep my files, or option 2 which removes everything. I spent all afternoon backing up everything on to disks, so would
    I be able to use option 2 and remove everything then restore it all from the disks? Wouldn't I then just end up where I started? I'm just about at the end of my tether. I spent 3 hours yesterday trying to get my emails to work and I've been trying to sort
    out everything else since 7 o'clock this morning. I've tried everything I can think of. Maybe I should go for option 2 and keep my fingers crossed.

andi-joy, Nov 13, 2015
Thema:

Dell Factory Image Restore

1. Dell Factory Image Restore - Similar Threads - Dell Factory Image

2. Factory Restore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Factory Restore: I’ve been trying to reset my laptop for the past few days, I’ve moved all my photos/videos/documents ECT onto a external storage. There is literally nothing else I could possibly remove or delete from this laptop to free up more space but it keeps saying I need to free up...
  3. Restoring to Factory Image but still have problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring to Factory Image but still have problems: My Dell laptop had been so slow and had some problems so that a technician restore it using factory image restore. However, after the attempt, other problems emerge. The laptop stopped so many times asking for restarting and appear the stop code. So we decided to restore...
  4. factory restore

factory restore: If I factory restore my laptop, will I be able to reinstall windows 10 and microsoft 365? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-restore/d8ba9d35-fd50-420b-83b3-510f650401ca
  5. Factory Image Restore Frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Factory Image Restore Frozen: i am trying to restore the computer to factory state using factory image restore but it has been stuck on “applying the background image” for about an hour. It says that the entire process should only take “several minutes” [IMG]...
  6. restore to factory

restore to factory: Is there a way to restore my notebook to factory condition without shutting it down to log in as admin. I have access denied and have tried deleting files and probably won’t reboot for me as it looks like I have ni info in any of my files. Someone else is using my...
  7. Factory Restore

Factory Restore: Im trying to factory restore my computer, it says there isnt enough memory. I've deleted everything that I can find to take off, how can i get past this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-restore/7a475a11-8592-411c-b653-d8fa46dbc555
  8. Factory restore

Factory restore: Hi I live in China and bought a Lenovo computer with Chinese settings. I purchased Windows 10 Pro for English Language settings. I now want to do factory reset which, I presume, will return it to Chinese mode. How do I reinstall Windows 10 Pro? Thank you. David...
  9. Factory Restored to Win8.1 on Dell, would like to restore my previous upgrade to Win10

Factory Restored to Win8.1 on Dell, would like to restore my previous upgrade to Win10: I had opted in on the free Windows 10 upgrade in 2016, upgraded and everything has been fine until my HD developed some bad sectors in my dell and I had to do a factory OS restore to get it up and running again. I do have a Windows.old folder in there in case there is some...
  10. Dell pc, windows recovery image and restore issues

Dell pc, windows recovery image and restore issues: hi I'm wondering if somebody can help me out. I bought an Dell I3050 mini pc. It came with 32gb m.2 ssd with 20gb free space. I decided to upgrade to a bigger 128gb m.2 ssd and I'm trying to migrate to it from small one. I downloaded dell's windows recovery image and used...