Windows 10: Dell Hotspot Problem

Discus and support Dell Hotspot Problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am currently using Qualcomm QCA9377 802.11 ac wireless adapter in Dell Vostro 3468,, Now no device can be connected to it though hotspot is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SaqibHassan, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Dell Hotspot Problem

I am currently using Qualcomm QCA9377 802.11 ac wireless adapter in Dell Vostro 3468,, Now no device can be connected to it though hotspot is on...after using command "netsh wlan show drivers"I found that IHV service is not present in my laptop ...could you please help me to rectify this

:)

SaqibHassan, Jul 5, 2018

2. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Problem

Hi John,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with on Windows 10.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• Have you checked the issues with other network connection?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/use-your-pc-as-a-mobile-hotspot

Please get back to us with an update on Wi-Fi hotspot issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 29, 2018
  3. [mjc] Win User
    Windows 10, Mcafee Firewall, Ethernet Broadband, Dell XPS User trying to use Win10 Hotspot for Ipad and Iphone

Questions from Nathanial with my responses underlined:

We would like to ask some questions to know the best possible resolution.

• Have you tried changing the password of the Wifi hotspot and update the password on your phone?
      Per your question, I just completed this: Edited my wifi hotspot password to a different one, "forgot" that wifi hotspot on my iPhone, selected it again and used new password, the iPhone was given a secure connection
      (indicated by the locked lock icon) but again in red reads "No Internet Connection." Clicking IPhone info, the suggestion was to reboot my modem, which I did and then reboot my pc (because doing that 3 times fast in the 90s worked magic) but to no avail.

• Have you tried connecting different device on your Wifi hotspot and check if the issue persists?
      I have tried all the same steps mentioned above with my ipad as well...both, however, have the same ios. The ipad pro did not work either and had same result.

• Have you tried to connect your phone to different Wifi hotspot and check if the issue persists?
      Both ipad and iPhone have used wifi hotspots seamlessly around the world several times with no issues. I run my iPhone hotspot and my ipad pro connects to it as does dell/win10.

I am guessing here, but i think the closest i have come to a resolution was to tinker with my mcafee firewall to try and "allow" my iPhone ipaddress through but I followed steps and it did not work. Plus, that just
    sounds to superuserish to me. However, my windows defender firewall is off and mcafee firewall is on...to complete the scenario.

This is a fairly default setup I have along with thousands of other dell pc's sold with win 10 and mcafee. I am shocked how elusive this setup is.

michael

[mjc], Oct 29, 2018
  4. Dell Hotspot Problem

Mobile Hotspot

We appreciate that you have tried the suggested steps above. Have you tried to connect other devices to the mobile hotspot on your PC?

Since the issue is still the same, we suggest that you uninstall/reinstall the network adapter driver and check if this will resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for Network adaptor and click on it expand it.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic network adapter driver.

We can also update the network adapter driver. Skip step 3 from the above steps and right click on the device and click on update.

Feel free to post back for any updates.

Jennifer Bri, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

Dell Hotspot Problem

1. Dell Hotspot Problem - Similar Threads - Dell Hotspot Problem

2. Hotspot problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hotspot problems: I cannot use my PC as a hotspot, I keep on getting a pop-up message that says "cannot connect to network", meanwhile; I use a modem with a full network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotspot-problems/4e2c233f-95b8-4df5-a249-b7e854764cfd
  3. Hotspot problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotspot problems: I cannot use my PC as a hotspot, I keep on getting a pop-up message that says "cannot connect to network", meanwhile; I use a modem with a full network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotspot-problems/4e2c233f-95b8-4df5-a249-b7e854764cfd
  4. Hotspot problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Hotspot Problem

Hotspot Problem: I can't access my internet in my pc if i turned on my hotspot but i can access the internet in my hotspot. i need to turn off my hotspot first before accessing the internet in my pc. please help. thanks...
  6. Hotspot Problem

Hotspot Problem: I can't access my internet in my pc if i turned on my hotspot but i can access the internet in my hotspot. i need to turn off my hotspot first before accessing the internet in my pc. please help. thanks...
  7. Hotspot problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotspot problem: When I open the laptop hotspot, the internet will disconnect automatically and become offline. Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotspot-problem/b2a92cee-243e-4723-9637-e4780e018a8a
  8. Hotspot problem

Hotspot problem: When I open the laptop hotspot, the internet will disconnect automatically and become offline. Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotspot-problem/b2a92cee-243e-4723-9637-e4780e018a8a
  9. hotspot problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hotspot problem: hi i am using windows 10 32bit on lenovo e41-15 .. i need to create a hotspot on my laptop... hotspot creation smoothly working on windows 7 ... but on windows 10 it doesn't work... i also searched on web to find a solution.. 1. updating driver 2. tried uninstall and...
  10. hotspot problem

hotspot problem: [ATTACH] I have tried many ways but cant fix the hotspot problem. I cant find microsoft hosted network adapter in network adapter.[ATTACH]There is mobile hotspot option but not working. please help me....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell hope to activate forget hotspot connection