Windows 10: Dell in hot water again as second 'Superfish' root certificate surface

Discus and support Dell in hot water again as second 'Superfish' root certificate surface in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; But wait folks...there's even more good news....*sarc Dell customers have turned up a second root certificate installed on some Dell machines,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Borg 386, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Borg 386 Win User

Dell in hot water again as second 'Superfish' root certificate surface

But wait folks...there's even more good news....*sarc

Dell in hot water again as second 'Superfish' root certificate surfaces | ZDNet

Second Dell Root Certificate Problem Discovered; How To Check For And Remove eDellRoot And DSDTestProvider Security Risks

:)

Borg 386, Nov 24, 2015
  2. Exbuster Win User

Out dated security certificate on Windows Mobile 5

I recall one of the other root certificates expiring during the lifetime of my Dell Axim x51v (WM5) and I lost functionality. The solution was to find and download a file from a certificate site. I openned it in the Axim and ran it. This updated the root
    certificate date for another few years and functionality was restored.

I am now having an issue with an expired root certificate : Secure Server Certification Authority. It is valid until 1/7/10 (same as earlier posts) I am going to surf the web and try to find the root certificate update and if I find, I will post answer
    here.

Exbuster, Nov 24, 2015
  3. arulpeem Win User
    Unable to set up Outlook Exchange 2010.

The issues was in the certificate installation. There are two levels of certificate and initially only the root level certificate was installed. Once the second level of certificate was installed the problem was resolved. Thanks for the support... Informed
    the local Nokia care also on how to resolve the issue...

arulpeem, Nov 24, 2015
Thema:

Dell in hot water again as second 'Superfish' root certificate surface

1. Dell in hot water again as second 'Superfish' root certificate surface - Similar Threads - Dell hot water

2. Interesting 'water mark'!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Interesting 'water mark'!: Just woken my pc up and notice that in the bottom right corner of the desktop there is a faint image that reads: "Activate Windows Go to settings to activate Windows" see below: [ATTACH] Needless to say the PC has been running Widows 10 since it was upgraded (and...
  3. water effects

in Windows 10 Customization
    water effects: i noticed in the live tile on my desktop that the picture of my wall paper had moving water is there a way to make my wallpaper do that all the time? 45960
  4. Root Certificate error message before running Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Root Certificate error message before running Windows Updates: Hi guys, I had installed this mapping tool before applying all the Windows Updates and I got this Untrusted Certificate warning error as shown in the image. Now, I had reinstalled Windows 10 and ran all the updates and then installed this tool which is a NON-Web...
  5. Hot Swap and fitting second Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hot Swap and fitting second Hard Drive: Hi I just received my purchased MEDION AKOYA P5218 F - Intel Core i5-6400, 2,7GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750, WLAN, Windows 10 Desktop computer. Since I had recently just bought a WD 1TB Black Hard Drive I wanted to fit this inside. Although there...
  6. install second hard drive hot?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    install second hard drive hot?: Hi All, I was under the impression that I was going to have a hard drive failure and purchased a new hard drive and cloned windows to it. it turned out my drive is fine, so I would like to use the drive as a second drive in my system. if I just plug it in, will my computer...
  7. Root Certificate Browser Error (started to appear randomly)

in Windows 10 Support
    Root Certificate Browser Error (started to appear randomly): Hey guys, I'm having a bit of trouble with my Lenovo x220 laptop. At first I had installed the RTM 10240 version and then updated it to Build 10586. Once I updated I noticed the computer started to behave erratic random freezes at boot up, forcing me to hold the power key...
  8. Dell Inspiron Running Hot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell Inspiron Running Hot: Anyone recommend a good free program for W10, for monitoring laptop temperature ?.........this Dell Inspiron 1545 seems to be running a little hot.........I seem to remember that when I was running Vista, there was a small App. that sat on the taskbar, but can't remember what...
  9. Microsoft updates Trusted Root Certificate Program

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft updates Trusted Root Certificate Program: At Microsoft, we are continuously working to deliver on our commitment to the security of our customers and their ecosystems. A core component of our strategy to inform Windows users about the safety of the websites, apps and software they’re accessing online is built into...
  10. Second Hard Drive Root Directory "Access is Denied"

in Windows 10 Support
    Second Hard Drive Root Directory "Access is Denied": I'm having a weird issue. I am unable to access the root directory on my second hard drive. Clicking on it just brings up a dialog box with error message "F:\ is not accessable. Access is denied. I can still access all the folders via shortcuts or the address bar, and my...