Windows 10: Dell in hot water again as second 'Superfish' root certificate surface

Discus and support Dell in hot water again as second 'Superfish' root certificate surface in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; But wait folks...there's even more good news....*sarc Dell customers have turned up a second root certificate installed on some Dell machines,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Borg 386, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Borg 386 Win User

Dell in hot water again as second 'Superfish' root certificate surface

But wait folks...there's even more good news....*sarc

Dell in hot water again as second 'Superfish' root certificate surfaces | ZDNet

Second Dell Root Certificate Problem Discovered; How To Check For And Remove eDellRoot And DSDTestProvider Security Risks

:)

Borg 386, Nov 24, 2015
  2. Exbuster Win User

Out dated security certificate on Windows Mobile 5

I recall one of the other root certificates expiring during the lifetime of my Dell Axim x51v (WM5) and I lost functionality. The solution was to find and download a file from a certificate site. I openned it in the Axim and ran it. This updated the root
    certificate date for another few years and functionality was restored.

I am now having an issue with an expired root certificate : Secure Server Certification Authority. It is valid until 1/7/10 (same as earlier posts) I am going to surf the web and try to find the root certificate update and if I find, I will post answer
    here.

Exbuster, Nov 24, 2015
  3. arulpeem Win User
    Unable to set up Outlook Exchange 2010.

The issues was in the certificate installation. There are two levels of certificate and initially only the root level certificate was installed. Once the second level of certificate was installed the problem was resolved. Thanks for the support... Informed
    the local Nokia care also on how to resolve the issue...

arulpeem, Nov 24, 2015
Thema:

Dell in hot water again as second 'Superfish' root certificate surface

1. Dell in hot water again as second 'Superfish' root certificate surface - Similar Threads - Dell hot water

2. A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by...: Hi,I have found same Microsoft files but with different hashes have different reputations and there are some problems with signature verfication like below figure event though the signer is Microsoft Corporation. what is the reason for this issue? A certificate chain...
  3. A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by...: Hi,I have found same Microsoft files but with different hashes have different reputations and there are some problems with signature verfication like below figure event though the signer is Microsoft Corporation. what is the reason for this issue? A certificate chain...
  4. Server Root Certificate?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Server Root Certificate?: Hello,I have had serious network issues in my home. Former neighbor installed Pineapple in wall before he left. Anyways, I have a HP Omen running windows 10 Pro. It appears somebody has access to the PC by way of remote connection. PC acts as a server. I noticed a “Root...
  5. Group Policy Lockdown: Install Root Certificate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Group Policy Lockdown: Install Root Certificate: Hello,I am looking to implement a mitigation recommendation from MITRE outlined on the following page:https://attack.mitre.org/techniques/T1553/004/The recommendation is to prevent users from installing their own root certificate with non-admin privileges through a change in...
  6. Can't disable Automatic Root Certificates Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't disable Automatic Root Certificates Update: I run a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19043.844 and if I disable Windows Automatic Root Certificate Update via GPEdit.msc then my internet stops working and all attempts at domain resolution fail. If try to disable Automatic Root Certificate Update by blocking...
  7. Surface Pro7 very hot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro7 very hot: My new surface pro7 is getting very hot when it's in use, can hardly touch it. It is on a desk not on my lap. When the fan comes on my audio and visual lags really bad. It is only 9 months old. What can I do?...
  8. Microsoft Root Certificate 2011.cer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Root Certificate 2011.cer: Does anyone kwno what are the minimum versions of MS Windows 7 and Windows 10 that incluces the "MicrosoftRootCertificateAuthority2011.cer" file? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-root-certificate-2011cer/4a6aca92-fa7b-40a2-959d-4c440f3ec91d
  9. Dell Inspiron Running Hot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell Inspiron Running Hot: Anyone recommend a good free program for W10, for monitoring laptop temperature ?.........this Dell Inspiron 1545 seems to be running a little hot.........I seem to remember that when I was running Vista, there was a small App. that sat on the taskbar, but can't remember what...
  10. Microsoft updates Trusted Root Certificate Program

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft updates Trusted Root Certificate Program: At Microsoft, we are continuously working to deliver on our commitment to the security of our customers and their ecosystems. A core component of our strategy to inform Windows users about the safety of the websites, apps and software they’re accessing online is built into...