Windows 10: Dell Inspiron 1750 Performance Problem

Discus and support Dell Inspiron 1750 Performance Problem in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My Dell Inspiron 1750 is a 2Ghz Dual Core Pentium CPU & has only 2 X 1GB of DDR2 PC2-6400 800Mhz SODIM Ram & uses a Hitachi 160GB HDD Sata 1. About... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RoadBlaster, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Dell Inspiron 1750 Performance Problem

My Dell Inspiron 1750 is a 2Ghz Dual Core Pentium CPU & has only 2 X 1GB of DDR2 PC2-6400 800Mhz SODIM Ram & uses a Hitachi 160GB HDD Sata 1.

About a year ago I upgraded this computer to W10 for a family member who has now given it to me & I have re-installed W10 on this laptop which has no drivers to instal as it is all done by Windows.

The performance is very sluggish like it has always been but thats why i'd like to try 2 X 2GB DDR2 PC2-6400 80Mhz SODIM Ram (can get some new ram for <£14 (DDR2 PC2-6400 2 X 2GB)) & run a mSata in it for the new performance it will have.

What I want to know as could not find out what is the max speed & size ram I can use & will the above improvements work my A/V software has reported to me "low ram" & "high disk write".

Could I put 2 X 4GB of ram in this or not as speeding it up would make it sellable *Smile

:)

RoadBlaster, Mar 24, 2017

2. Laptop stuck on preparing automatic repair

Dell Inspiron 1750 stuck on preparing automatic repair.running windows 10.

johndoe862, Mar 24, 2017
  3. how and where to download the Video driver in windows 10

INSPIRON 1750

DEVICE MANAGER SE NAHI HO RAHA HAI

MANUFACTURE WEBSITE MEAN DELL?

THANK YOU

PankajSharma_theplayer, Mar 24, 2017
  4. Dell Inspiron 1750 Performance Problem

ArazelEternal, Mar 25, 2017
  5. Hi Roadblaster

As memory answered.

Now nowhere can I see that your device can support and mSata drive. It will support an SSD although I can't find the specs on the actual Sata level. I'm going to say it is SATA II which would support your lower speed Sata I HDD.

Dell sells SSD at up to 6Gbps but as I think yours is Sata II it will only operate at up to 3Gbps, max.

I have an old Dell, 4GB and an SSD. It it quite responsive however I will be up front, I don't do A/V. The 8GB would be nice tied with an SSD.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 25, 2017
  6. Thaks for finding the PDF, I was searching the UK Dell site, will put 2 X 4GB in then, which should speed the system up loads once I get the SSD

RoadBlaster, Mar 25, 2017
  7. I always use mSata the picture below shows it will drop to sata 1 spec:

Dell Inspiron 1750 Performance Problem [​IMG]

I will then use this Startek mSata to SSD adapter, I will only buy this because it will be going in my PC at a later date once the price of SSD's have come down £15 (probably august):

Dell Inspiron 1750 Performance Problem [​IMG]

RoadBlaster, Mar 25, 2017
  8. Dell Inspiron 1750 Performance Problem

Nice. Thanks for sharing.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 25, 2017
  9. Geosammy Win User
    [youtube]ehRdRHY-2f4[/youtube]

Geosammy, Mar 25, 2017
  10. Well after a 3 week wait got my 2 X 2GB of DDR2 800Mhz Ram straight form China (New - £14 the pair !) thought i'd get new to rule out any ram faults, installed W10 Creators Edition on to the original hard drive & it is a vast improvement.

I do remember telling my sister it was low ram but she refused to pay for it (lucky for me as I got it free *Wink ), now all it needs is a 120GB SSD (currently has a 160GB HDD Sata 1) but I can wait as the prices are still sky high (why ?)

The only thing that seems slow is the WiFi connection, guess it's because my other PC has internet accelerator software ???

So this proves that W10 minumum spec for ram is deffo 4GB.

RoadBlaster, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Dell Inspiron 1750 Performance Problem

1. Dell Inspiron 1750 Performance Problem - Similar Threads - Dell Inspiron 1750

2. Dell inspiron problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dell inspiron problem: Hi, I'm encountering a strange issue for several days and not being able to understand. It's a connection problem with Microsoft.com account or with ftp servers. The problem becomes strange as it happens only with 2 dell computers and one ISP k-net. Otherwise, no problem...
  3. Boot problems with Dell Inspiron Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot problems with Dell Inspiron Laptop: Ok so the problems with my Dell Inspiron 5577 laptop started when it closed while performing a factory reset. Ever sonce then its been unable to boot up. Now when i turn it on it askes me to enter the system password, when i do so it just says “cannot find enabled boot...
  4. Performance problems with Dell G3

Performance problems with Dell G3: My Dell G3 has always had performance problems. I Tried to disable background applications and tried to find out what's using up the computer resources. My disk runs very slow, e.g. response time peaking at 15,000 ms and write speed rangin from 20 to 100 kb/s, so I assumed I...
  5. A problem with Dell inspiron 3537

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    A problem with Dell inspiron 3537: So i have been looking around at manuals and all online stuff for My laptop model what i found interesting was almost all them models had a discrete Gpu mostly Amd Gpus so i start looking up Diadxg and control panel and all i find is the intel 4400 so I tried to check my...
  6. Problems with Dell Inspiron 14 3421-A10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with Dell Inspiron 14 3421-A10: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ricciardo3f1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e16zj1/problems_with_dell_inspiron_14_3421a10/
  7. Dell PC (Inspiron) Boot up problem

Dell PC (Inspiron) Boot up problem: after the May 2019 update my Dell Inspiron upon bootup displays the Dell logo and freezes, have to switch off and back on to get it working This always works, but it is very annoying...
  8. Dell Inspiron GPU Driver Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Inspiron GPU Driver Problem: There is a problem with Dell's latest Intel HD graphics driver for the Inspiron 7537 - driver file Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver_8V48Y_WIN_20.19.15.4835_A07.EXE. The installation fails since the inf fie doesn't include the HD4400 GPU. A manual update via Device Manager shows the...
  9. Dell Inspiron

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Inspiron: I have a 6 yr old Dell Inspiron 15 laptop running Windows 10. I had external speakers (Logitech) working fine for years, playing my ITunes music. I decided to improve my sound further by connecting to my new Polk speakers via my Yamaha AVR. No sound. Internal speakers work,...
  10. Dell Inspiron

Dell Inspiron: Hi I have been having trouble starting my dell Inspiron 6400 it was last running Windows 10 Build 9841. it was working fine with no problems at all until one morning when I tried to turn it on it was not showing Dell Logo just turning on and showing my Num lock, Scroll...