Windows 10: Dell inspiron 3542

Discus and support Dell inspiron 3542 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Dell inspiron 3542 running Windows 8.1, and I want to upgrade it to Windows 10. Are there any model-specific problems I can expect, as in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by itsawesome1234, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Dell inspiron 3542

Hi, I have a Dell inspiron 3542 running Windows 8.1, and I want to upgrade it to Windows 10. Are there any model-specific problems I can expect, as in anything specific with this laptop type? If so, how can I avoid them before upgrading?
    Thanks

:)

itsawesome1234, Jun 17, 2016

2. Critical Process Died Loop

Model is Dell Inspiron 15 3542

Devin Ward, Jun 17, 2016
  3. Bluetooth not working after Windows-10 upgrade

Failed under Windows 10 Dell Inspiron-15-3542.

FredWhittum, Jun 17, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Dell inspiron 3542

Inspiron 3542 is Windows 10 compatible. It should not cause any problem after the upgradation.

I would suggest you to get the drivers before the upgradation. Get the LAN, WiFi, video and touchpad drivers, save them externally and go for the upgrade.
    After the upgradation is complete, apply the drivers.

Product Support | Dell US

5. What if there are problems caused by absence of drivers during the upgrade?

6. fireberd Win User
    I just upgraded a Win 8.1 HP touch screen laptop for a client. I made a Macrium image of his disc, in case there were problems. However, none surfaced. The PC upgraded without issues. All the Laptop functions including touchpad web cam, etc worked in Win 10. I didn't have to install any new drivers. None of the users files and applications (even old MSOffice 2003) were lost in the upgrade.

fireberd, Jun 17, 2016
  7. Porthos Win User
    That is the MOST IMPORTANT step for any upgrade.

Porthos, Jun 17, 2016
  8. ARC
    Arc Win User

Dell inspiron 3542

No, such a thing does not happen.

Windows 10 is totally driver complete. It takes almost all the drivers automatically. If you allow the device installation settings to get the drivers, you can forget about the drivers forever. But, the computer under discussion is a laptop, and a few devices of a laptop work good/better with OEM supplied drivers. So I suggested you get those drivers.

If, a very rare if (happens for old incompatible devices, not applicable for you, though) the upgrade does not take the network drivers, the user need to supply it. That is why, as the caution, you need to get at least the LAN and WiFi drivers before starting the upgradation.

Once it is connected, no issue will be there.

9. So I need to just download these drivers and not install them? And how do I allow the setting to get the drivers?

10. ARC
    Arc Win User
    All those (driver installation or using the device installation settings) comes after the upgradation.

Thema:

Dell inspiron 3542

1. Dell inspiron 3542 - Similar Threads - Dell inspiron 3542

2. Touchpad not working on DELL-Inspirion 3542

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad not working on DELL-Inspirion 3542: Hello,I'm running Windows 10 on my Dell laptop, Inspirion 3542, x86 i3-4030 CPUMy touchpad is not working since I updated to windows 10. Previously I was running windows 7 and the touchpad worked fine. But after upgrading my PC to Windows 10 using the windows update tool, now...
  3. windows 10 wifi won't turn on dell 3542

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 wifi won't turn on dell 3542: Upgraded my dell 15 3000 model 3542 to Windows 10, but now I have no wifi. I've tried updating drivers, but Windows can't find a newer version. I've tried uninstalling the drivers, then restarting windows and letting it automatically reinstall. I don't have any old...
  4. camera drivers missing in dell inspiron 3542

camera drivers missing in dell inspiron 3542: first i installed windows 8.1 due to an issue of lock password we had reset and installed windows 7 again it gone through problem and i deleted backup again few days before i installed windows 10 in which integrated camera divers are missing...
  5. Dell Inspirion 3542 DVD writer and camera is not working.

Dell Inspirion 3542 DVD writer and camera is not working.: Friends, I have Dell Inspirion 3542. My laptop have HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GU90N DVD writer part number 9M9FK and Camera part number VFVY9 is not working. Several time I Uninstall/ delete and install it but its not working. In My computer DVD writer is showing the icon, if i...
  6. Window 8.1 is corrupted can't install window 10 in dell inspiron 15 3000 series 3542 laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 8.1 is corrupted can't install window 10 in dell inspiron 15 3000 series 3542 laptop: Hi, I am facing a problem in installing windows 10 after window 8.1 is crashed in my dell Inspiron laptop 15 3542. I also formatted my hard drive and try to install the windows 10. The problem is "window setup couldn't configure windows to run on this computer hardware"...
  7. Windows 1803 April Update disabled battery charging on Dell Inspiron 3542

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 1803 April Update disabled battery charging on Dell Inspiron 3542: I have had to remove the battery system driver every day for the past week...and restoring my laptop to a date in March in order to charge my battery...how can I stop this ridiculous update from installing again!!! Please fix it on your end...I've seen so many posts about it,...
  8. Dell Inspiron

Dell Inspiron: I have a 6 yr old Dell Inspiron 15 laptop running Windows 10. I had external speakers (Logitech) working fine for years, playing my ITunes music. I decided to improve my sound further by connecting to my new Polk speakers via my Yamaha AVR. No sound. Internal speakers work,...
  9. Dell Inspiron

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell Inspiron: Hi I have been having trouble starting my dell Inspiron 6400 it was last running Windows 10 Build 9841. it was working fine with no problems at all until one morning when I tried to turn it on it was not showing Dell Logo just turning on and showing my Num lock, Scroll...
  10. Dell Inspiron 3542

Dell Inspiron 3542: Windows updates couldn't find them. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) Screenshot of outdated drivers: [img] 36529