Windows 10: Dell Inspiron 7537 Won't Power On?

Discus and support Dell Inspiron 7537 Won't Power On? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've just done a clean install of W10 on my Dell Inspiron 7537 laptop. I turned off the laptop last night when the battery was about half discharged.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Steve C, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Steve C Win User

Dell Inspiron 7537 Won't Power On?

I've just done a clean install of W10 on my Dell Inspiron 7537 laptop. I turned off the laptop last night when the battery was about half discharged.

I tried turning on the laptop today after it had been off 18 hours and it was completely dead - there was no response to the power on button and no charging light despite the charger outputting the correct voltage.

I read online about removing the battery so I did this. I removed the battery, pressed the power button for 60s then plugged in the power lead and hey presto the laptop started! I then put the battery back in and started W10 fine. The battery showed 56% charge so the battery wasn't flat.

I'm mystified why this happened - does anyone have an explanation? I can only think there was a poor battery connection which prevented the laptop starting and removing and replacing the battery cured this.

:)

Steve C, Jan 17, 2016
  2. MrSquidga Win User

Dell Audio equalizer doesn't work...

Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series, think the specific number is the Inspiron 7537.

MrSquidga, Jan 17, 2016
  3. Dell Audio equalizer doesn't work...

Strange, I just searched Dell's site for this model (Inspiron 7537) and it tells me that it *is* supported for Windows 10. Here's the direct URL, can you check? It's entirely possible they just added support in the last day or so. Dell Inspiron 7537 Won't Power On? :)

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/inspiron-15-7537/drivers

Please let me know how this works out for you. Thanks!

John W [MSFT], Jan 17, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

Does anyone know why my laptop would refuse to power on in post 1? Could it be caused by a software problem connected with the sleep state or simply a case of a poor battery connection?

Steve C, Jan 19, 2016
Thema:

1. Dell Inspiron 7537 Won't Power On? - Similar Threads - Dell Inspiron 7537

2. My dell inspiron 3583 gets no power and will not turn on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My dell inspiron 3583 gets no power and will not turn on: I have had my dell inspiron 3583 for about 4 years now. About two years ago i dropped it while it was charging onto where it plugs in, it bent the charger and the inside charger. It still charged but eventually it finally wouldnt So me and my dad replaced the 2 part’s...
  3. My dell inspiron 3583 gets no power and will not turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My dell inspiron 3583 gets no power and will not turn on: I have had my dell inspiron 3583 for about 4 years now. About two years ago i dropped it while it was charging onto where it plugs in, it bent the charger and the inside charger. It still charged but eventually it finally wouldnt So me and my dad replaced the 2 part’s...
  4. My dell inspiron 3583 gets no power and will not turn on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows won't boot in a Dell Inspiron 15 7559

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won't boot in a Dell Inspiron 15 7559: Hello everyone. I've recently intalled Ubuntu 20.04 in a HD containing a partition with Windows in aDell Inspiron 15 7559. During the installation, everything went fine, but as soon as the notebook restarted, it keptshowing the following error: PXE-EGP: Media test...
  6. Dell Inspiron

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Inspiron: I have a 6 yr old Dell Inspiron 15 laptop running Windows 10. I had external speakers (Logitech) working fine for years, playing my ITunes music. I decided to improve my sound further by connecting to my new Polk speakers via my Yamaha AVR. No sound. Internal speakers work,...
  7. Dell Inspiron 3847 Windows 10 Won't Turn On.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell Inspiron 3847 Windows 10 Won't Turn On.: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 that is about 4-5 years old. About a month ago it began having issues powering on and off, it would hang up when I tried to power it down. About 5 days ago I shut it down and since then It will not turn back on. I am able to push the button on...
  8. Dell Inspiron 15 7537 freezes, can't open task manager, must reboot

Dell Inspiron 15 7537 freezes, can't open task manager, must reboot: At first I thought I had fixed this computer by disabling several application from starting up. I also removed redundent virus protection such as McAffee, Avast and Malwarebytes and only using Windows Defender. I also went to the Dell website and updated drivers such as...
  9. Dell Inspiron

Dell Inspiron: Hi I have been having trouble starting my dell Inspiron 6400 it was last running Windows 10 Build 9841. it was working fine with no problems at all until one morning when I tried to turn it on it was not showing Dell Logo just turning on and showing my Num lock, Scroll...
  10. Dell Inspiron 7537 Laptop & Creator's Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell Inspiron 7537 Laptop & Creator's Upgrade: My Dell Inspiron 15 7537 laptop hasn't been offered the update to the Creator's Update via Windows Update yet and it doesn't appear on Dell's upgrade list. Has anyone updated their Inspiron 7537 to the Creator's Update via the Media Creation Tool or ISO file and did you have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell 7537 not turning on