Windows 10: Dell Inspiron laptop, new battery fitted(ex Amazon) will not charge,

Discus and support Dell Inspiron laptop, new battery fitted(ex Amazon) will not charge, in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As stated new battery fitted, message appears "plugged in not charging" Ihave searched the web for answers, but nothing seems to work, any ideas?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by johncafferty1, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Dell Inspiron laptop, new battery fitted(ex Amazon) will not charge,

As stated new battery fitted, message appears "plugged in not charging" Ihave searched the web for answers, but nothing seems to work, any ideas?

:)

johncafferty1, Aug 10, 2018
  2. popuine Win User

Need info for dell inspiron 1501 battery and charger

inspiron 1501 part

Yes you need the new dell inspiron 1501 battery for the laptop,when you select the battery, Be careful about the warranty and battery cells.number and capacity of each battery cell affect battery life a lot, the power supply should be the standard one meet your original adapter's specs.
    BTW,you can take some tips helping you how to extend the dell 1501 battery life here:
    Dell Inspiron 1501 Laptop Battery

popuine, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Dell Inspiron 5520 Battery not charging

Hello,

I own a Dell Inspiron 5520 and in the past few days it has not been charging properly. I've tried restarting it and I've also tried taking out the battery and putting it back in again after 10 minutes but it doesn't seem to work. My main problem is that
    when my laptop is plugged in, it works fine, but the moment I plug the power from the laptop, it shuts off. I put the laptop on charge for 12-15 hours straight but the battery. After trying to restart it and putting it on charge for more than 3 days straight,
    the battery is stuck at 0% and I do not understand what to do.

Thank you

MonuSingh786, Aug 10, 2018
  4. curt jugg Win User

Dell Inspiron laptop, new battery fitted(ex Amazon) will not charge,

New battery not charging

I have an Acer Aspire V3-771 laptop (which is three and a half years old) with its original battery. As the battery is not holding the charge for as long as it used to I decided to replace it. I inserted he new battery, which already showed a charge of 60%, and let it run down to the point when the laptop turned itself off. However, when I tried to recharge the battery, the battery icon showed "6% available, plugged in, not charging". I contacted the supplier of the battery and they sent me a new one. This showed an initial charge of 93% so, in view of my problem with the previous battery, I decided to try and charge it up to full capacity before letting it run down. But as soon as I tried this the battery icon showed "93% available, plugged in, not charging". So I unplugged the charger and again let the battery run down until the computer turned itself off. I plugged the charger in again but then got "6% available, plugged in, not charging". I have no problem charging the old battery, so can anyone please suggest what the problem might be? I have tried taking out the battery and unplugging the charger and holding down the power button for 30 seconds, but this hasn't worked. Grateful for any advice.

curt jugg, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Dell Inspiron laptop, new battery fitted(ex Amazon) will not charge,

1. Dell Inspiron laptop, new battery fitted(ex Amazon) will not charge, - Similar Threads - Dell Inspiron laptop

2. Dell laptop wont charge battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell laptop wont charge battery: So im at my wits end. My laptop wont charge when the battery is plugged in, it connects and disconnects rapidly, it will work when the battery is disconnected however. I have replaced the battery and the power jack and theres been no change, and i’m unable to download a new...
  3. Dell laptop wont charge battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell laptop wont charge battery: So im at my wits end. My laptop wont charge when the battery is plugged in, it connects and disconnects rapidly, it will work when the battery is disconnected however. I have replaced the battery and the power jack and theres been no change, and i’m unable to download a new...
  4. Dell laptop wont charge battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series not recognizing/charging my battery

Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series not recognizing/charging my battery: when I turn on my Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series, I get the message that it does not recognize my battery and therefore it will not charge the battery. So I am stuck with having to leave it plugged in always. any solutions? i am not that computer literate so detailed...
  6. Dell Inspiron not recognising a Dell battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Inspiron not recognising a Dell battery: Why has my Dell Inspiron suddenly decided to regard my adapter as 'unknown', when it has been working well for years? The laptop works fine on mains electricity, apart from not charging either of my two interchangeable batteries....
  7. Dell Inspiron battery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell Inspiron battery: battery won't charge, always shows 'plugged in, not charging' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-inspiron-battery/59cc6a57-375f-4980-8a7b-871387218c46"
  8. laptop battery not charging. (brand new battery)

laptop battery not charging. (brand new battery): just got a new battery but when I installed it, I only get "plugged in not charging "message. my a/c adapter cord is about 3months old. phone call to computer store says my new battery is problemno good and this is common. anyone else hear of this? anyone have knowledge to...
  9. new battery fitted aspire v not charging

new battery fitted aspire v not charging: just fitted a new battery lapp battery not charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/new-battery-fitted-aspire-v-not-charging/a1ac4eb5-639f-4c12-aad0-25a22cffccb3
  10. New Laptop Battery Not Charging

New Laptop Battery Not Charging: I have a Toshiba Satellite L550. The OEM battery was, at this point, eight years old and barely held a charge for more than 40 minutes if the AC adapter was unplugged. Went to a battery store today and got a replacement battery. I held my power button down while the AC was...