Windows 10: dell laptop loading slow

Discus and support dell laptop loading slow in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; hi, guys I have a laptop Inspiron M5040 , resonantly downloaded windows 10 , installed solid state drive, running avast anti virus /free malwarebyes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by bluesfloyd, Sep 3, 2016.

1. dell laptop loading slow

hi, guys
    I have a laptop Inspiron M5040 , resonantly downloaded windows 10 , installed solid state drive, running avast anti virus /free malwarebyes and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploi, always check for windows updates,

when I surf from site to site the web pages seem to take some time to load, they will load after some time, but this is starting to bother me,

I have a older acer laptop in the same house, also resonantly down loaded windows 10 to it, and installed a solid state drive, also running advast anti virus /free malwarebyes and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploi, also check for windows updates, this acer loads web sites very fast,

what do you guys think, I should check first , to speed up the dell laptop,

thanks guys for your time,

:)

bluesfloyd, Sep 3, 2016

2. DELL laptop loading slow,

hi, guys

I have a laptop Inspiron M5040 , resonantly downloaded windows 10 , installed solid state drive, running avast anti virus /free malwarebyes and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploi, always check for windows updates,

when I surf from site to site the web pages seem to take some time to load, they will load after some time, but this is starting to bother me,

I have a older acer laptop in the same house, also resonantly down loaded windows 10 to it, and installed a solid state drive, also running advast anti virus /free malwarebyes and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploi, also check for windows updates, this acer loads web
    sites very fast,

what do you guys think, I should check first , to speed up the dell laptop,

thanks guys for your time,

bluesfloyd,

bluesfloyd1, Sep 3, 2016
  3. DELL laptop loading slow,

Hi,

I realize that you are facing performance issues on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

You may temporarily disable any 3rd party security software and check if this helps.

Disclaimer: If you have to temporarily disable the antivirus to install other software; you should enable the antivirus as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software
    is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to virus attacks.

Suggest you to boot the computer in a clean boot state and check if that helps. A clean boot state will help us to determine if any 3rd party service or application is causing this issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow the steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 3, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dell laptop loading slow

Hi, first note your laptop is not tested and approved for Win 10 by Dell:
    Für das Windows 10 Spring Creators Update und frühere Versionen von Windows 10 getestete Dell Computer | Dell Deutschland

See e.g.
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...0-babc871b2aa3

(More if you search for
    Inspiron M5040 "Windows 10"
    )

You may find you have to use older drivers than provided by MS, but that will be trial and error.
    If you do so, you will need to prevent them from being replaced by MS (see the Tutorial section for how).

There are extensive threads on slow boot issues here- just search the forum for
    slow boot
    - a topic much discussed last year.

Note that even if a laptop appears to run a later OS in normal mode it may have heat management issues e.g. in Safe Mode or when booting from a boot disk due to incompatible low level drivers. (I did with my HP G60).

Or you may be lucky.

Check your SSD is configured to use AHCI not IDE
    FYI:
    Solved Attn. SSD owners - Enabling AHCI mode AFTER Windows 10 installation. - Windows 10 Forums

And at a simpler level, please post a screenshot of your task manager, organised by processes using most CPU/Disk/Ram when your PC is idle and when your browser is running with a couple of tabs open - whatever shows anything of interest.

dalchina, Sep 3, 2016
  5. hi, dalchina
    big thanks for your time, at the moment i have Checked the bios, and it is set to ( AHCI )
    in device manage/ IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers/ i changed the driver to / standard SATA AHCI controller / see below

please find below screenshot of task manager, organised by processes using most CPU/Disk/Ram/ i had three tabs open in fire fox, hope i did this right for you?

bluesfloyd, Sep 4, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, can you click on the CPU tab to organise the list highest to lowest? 14% use, but the relevant processes aren't shown. Thanks.

dalchina, Sep 4, 2016
  7. hi,
    hope this helps you mate,

dell laptop loading slow [​IMG]

bluesfloyd, Sep 4, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

dell laptop loading slow

Hi, yes.. two things.

First, Avast Service - should not be doing that if it's meant to be idle. Do you have Prey installed by any chance? That has caused me and a couple of others a problem after the AU.

Second, System and Compressed memory should be quiescent. There are several threads on this forum- just search for 'system and compressed memory'. There is no one solution, and you may have to get LatencyMon (free) to find out more.

I'd try to resolve the Avast issue first- I found it was running at 13% continuously with Prey installed after the AU. Note the disk activity related to that.

Check Avast isn't doing some sort of scan (when the service does do that), or turn it off temporarily and see what happens.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

dell laptop loading slow

1. dell laptop loading slow - Similar Threads - dell laptop loading

2. Slow to load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow to load: My laptop is really slow to start up. And so do my apps except folders and documents. My web browser does this to sometimes. I don't know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-to-load/e6f05add-8163-400c-9b49-14156f4b689a
  3. Slow to load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow to load: My laptop is really slow to start up. And so do my apps except folders and documents. My web browser does this to sometimes. I don't know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-to-load/e6f05add-8163-400c-9b49-14156f4b689a
  4. slow dell laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slow dell laptop: I bought a brand new dell laptop but for the start it was so slow specs:-cpu: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz-gpu: intel iris xe graphics- ram: 8 gb-disk: 1tb hddthe first thing I noticed was the disk usage, it was 100%, so I searched for solutions on the...
  5. slow dell laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    slow dell laptop: I bought a brand new dell laptop but for the start it was so slow specs:-cpu: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz-gpu: intel iris xe graphics- ram: 8 gb-disk: 1tb hddthe first thing I noticed was the disk usage, it was 100%, so I searched for solutions on the...
  6. Slow Loading

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow Loading: Some of the programs on my ssd have been loading slowly for a while now. I don't know when it started, but I think it has gotten a little slower recently. For example, when I click on chrome, nothing happens for about 5-7 seconds. Then when the program opens, it is blank for...
  7. slow loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow loading: Lately pages are loading extremely slow. I've emptied temp files, etc. but nothing works. Will resetting my computer help? It says I can choose what to keep. Will resetting get rid of my pictures and/or documents?...
  8. Laptop very slow to load up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop very slow to load up: I have a Sony Vaio l/top about 1 year old, my problem is its taking about 5 mins to boot up then the task bar on the bottom takes another min before i can use it ,i have removed nearly all my apps and i have a screen shot of start up programs which is not many,also i have...
  9. Have a Dell laptop that will not load the OS

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Have a Dell laptop that will not load the OS: this is a Dell Inspiron 17r. I have windows 10 on it and it was running until this am. Right now it will not load Windows at all. I have a second dell that is running win10, but it is 64 bit. I tried using the auto repair and it failed. There are no restore points, and she...
  10. Dell XPS Laptop CPU Slow!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell XPS Laptop CPU Slow!: Hi everyone, I have a Dell XPS 13 laptop model 9360 with 16gb RAM and 512gb SSD @ Intel I7-7500u with max of 2.70GHz and Turbo Boost to 3.50GHz. I don't know why the processor maxes out at 2.18GHz and the utilization rate never passes 75%...I doubled checked that Intel...