Windows 10: Dell Laptop missing Quick Launch - Taskbar > Right Click > Toolbars

Discus and support Dell Laptop missing Quick Launch - Taskbar > Right Click > Toolbars in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Team, I am hoping that someone might be able to help me with this quirky issue because I have had Windows 7, and 10 machines in the past, yet for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Raith, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Raith Win User

Dell Laptop missing Quick Launch - Taskbar > Right Click > Toolbars

Hi Team,

I am hoping that someone might be able to help me with this quirky issue because I have had Windows 7, and 10 machines in the past, yet for this particular machine, I am missing the "Toolbars" option within Windows Taskbar.

Dell Laptop missing Quick Launch - Taskbar > Right Click > Toolbars [​IMG]

The attached picture basically explains the issue quite well, as you can see, I do not have another link to the Toolbars link.

I have scoured Youtube, and Google, and cannot find a way to get this back at all. CTRL+R for "%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch" showcases the folder but I am missing this link. I cannot find an option to enable this either.

Can someone please help? Thank you.

:)

Raith, Nov 29, 2017

2. Cortana search box and quick launch toolbar missing - SOLVED!!!

Solved!!!

I have used my AV reciever as an HDMI output device and so Windows has assumed it to be a second monitor and sent the quick launch toolbar and the searchbox there!

solution is

right-click the desktop -> Display properties -> and see if you have duplicate displays

If you do then right click the taskbar -> properties -> unselect extend the taskbar checkbox

Vaibhav2psp, Nov 29, 2017
  3. Is there a key shortcut that will allow me to toggle the levels of the task bar when it takes more than a single level?

Here is my taskbar in 10. You can add the old quick launch tool bar which is the bottom row of my icons on taskbar. And obviously on 10 the top row is Pinned to taskbar. I have made my task bat a 2 level taskbar with 2 rows. And then I also auto hide my
    taskbar for more visible space on viewing area and full screen. I also add more toolbars for quick access to like Public sharing folders and such.

Dell Laptop missing Quick Launch - Taskbar > Right Click > Toolbars [​IMG]

as for missing desktop icons

right click on desktop>>View>.show desktop icons

If you want help to make taskbar bigger and add quick launch toolbar and set it up just ask.

seahawks65, Nov 29, 2017
  4. dmholt57 Win User

Mine shows Cortana where yours says Search and above that mine shows Toolbars. Maybe Cortana is turned off on that machine... *Nerd

dmholt57, Nov 29, 2017
  5. Strahan Win User
    Is this PC a member of a domain? There is a GPO setting that can prevent the use of toolbars; perhaps it is being applied to your PC.

Strahan, Nov 29, 2017
  6. Raith Win User
    Fixed issue with a Regedit. Thanks all.

Raith, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Dell Laptop missing Quick Launch - Taskbar > Right Click > Toolbars - Similar Threads - Dell Laptop missing

2. Win10 Icons Are Displaying In Quick Launch Toolbar instead of the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Icons Are Displaying In Quick Launch Toolbar instead of the taskbar: System: Win10 Pro with all current updates. I have two Win10 PCs....a desktop running Win10 Home and a laptop running Win10 Pro. The following problem refers to the laptop only.I have a Quick Launch Tool Bar enabled on the Win10 laptop. When I launch an app from the home...
  3. Win10 Icons Are Displaying In Quick Launch Toolbar instead of the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Icons Are Displaying In Quick Launch Toolbar instead of the taskbar: System: Win10 Pro with all current updates. I have two Win10 PCs....a desktop running Win10 Home and a laptop running Win10 Pro. The following problem refers to the laptop only.I have a Quick Launch Tool Bar enabled on the Win10 laptop. When I launch an app from the home...
  4. Quick Launch Toolbar Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Launch Toolbar Icons: The icons in my Quick Launch toolbar seem to change sizes after reboot ... and sometimes even without a reboot. Sometimes they're the same height at the regular toolbar, and sometimes they're smaller. When smaller they're really too small and make the Quick Launch toolbar...
  5. Quick Launch is Not Available as a Toolbar on the Taskbar

Quick Launch is Not Available as a Toolbar on the Taskbar: SYMPTOMS: When you right-click the taskbar and point to Toolbars, Quick Launch is not visible. Also, Quick Launch is not enabled by default as a toolbar on the taskbar. MORE INFORMATION: Windows 10 lets you pin your programs to the taskbar like users of Windows 7 and...
  6. Clicking Quick Launch Toolbar to Close The Program

Clicking Quick Launch Toolbar to Close The Program: When I click on the icons in the Quick Launch Toolbar, it opens the program up, but when I click it again, instead of closing it nothing happens. How do I get the Quick Launch Toolbar icons to close it if it's open and open if it's closed when I clicked them?...
  7. Quick launch toolbar folder is removed periodically

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick launch toolbar folder is removed periodically: My Quick launch folder disappears from the taskbar after using CCleaner. Is there a special assigned place, or a registry setting for this folder not to be removed from the taskbar? 116767
  8. Toolbars on taskbar, have program launch within toolbar

Toolbars on taskbar, have program launch within toolbar: Hi, *Smile i have a question about toolbars... is it possible to have programs launch within the toolbar? 107959
  9. Quick Launch toolbar stuck

Quick Launch toolbar stuck: Hello, I have messed up the taskbar, I "think" with Winaero Tweaker, trying to get the white text back so I can read anything (enable disable then enable colored title bars fixed that). While I did get the black text to turn white, either with the colored title bars or Aero...
  10. Text in right click menus on taskbar missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Text in right click menus on taskbar missing: I think this is related to tiles disappearing on the start menu. It feels like a graphic bug. But I'm not sure. [img] 25411

Users found this page by searching for:

1. toolbars dell laptop