Windows 10: Dell Monitor P2314h driver update. Win 10 does not recognise it

Discus and support Dell Monitor P2314h driver update. Win 10 does not recognise it in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi people, As shown somewhere in the forum, older than 2013 PC-laptops won´t work as they shoud with win 10. Mine was checked to confirm it could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pedralerri, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Dell Monitor P2314h driver update. Win 10 does not recognise it

Hi people,

As shown somewhere in the forum, older than 2013 PC-laptops won´t work as they shoud with win 10. Mine was checked to confirm it could suppport win 10 and it was successfull, but while it worked great with win7 home P + external screen Dell P2314h, now the screen its not even recognised by win10.
    I have upgraded every single driver, screen, graphics, everything. I´ve tried with different cables thinking that perhaps the conections, drivers for win 8.1, updates...etc. I have read many things about this issue between HP, Win, Dell and after finding contradictory statements I wonder if somebody else can help with this. Everything works fine with win 10, but the external screen its just not recognised at all ("please conect the external screen" when its already pluged in).
    So, I wonder if my ony solutions are going back to win 7 Home P, buy another laptop or screen (that Im not), or waiting for a wise guy to build a driver for people with my kind of issue.
    Perhaps there is a solution I did not find. At the moment I need the external screen to keep working and using the laptops screen its driving me nuts.
    Can anybody help with this?.
    Thank you in advance.

:)

pedralerri, Aug 5, 2016

2. Windows 10 update 15/01/2018 - now monitor Nvidia GEforce 10 series driver 'incompatible'

Hi

After yesterdays automatic Win 10 update the system won't recognise my monitor (both are 5 y/o Dell), and defaults to a 'generic non p&p' monitor with a 2006 driver! Downloading the latest Nvidia GEforce 10 driver gets the message 'incompatible with this
    version of Windows'. Might this get fixed in the next update?

Thanks

Andrew

Andrew Griff, Aug 5, 2016
  3. Windows 10: Graphics Card not recognised; Device Manager doesn't show Display Adapters

Just performed upgrade to Win 10 on Dell OptiPlex GX620 with NVIDIA Quadro NVS 290, working perfectly with Win 7. Since upgrade, it doesn't recognise the graphics card. The monitor functions but is only recognised as a generic version, with Microsoft
    Basic Display software, and thus limited resolution options. The Device Manager doesn't even show the category Display Adapters. I have downloaded the latest NVIDIA driver and attempted to install it: but it tells me that it can't find any compatible hardware.
    I can't uninstall any previous drivers as there don't seem to be any to uninstall.

The problem of graphics cards not being recognised seems to be fairly common, but the general advice to update drivers only works if the installer finds something to update! So where next? Go back to Win 7?

Noel-Harrison, Aug 5, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

Dell Monitor P2314h driver update. Win 10 does not recognise it

Hi and welcome.

I found a driver here. It is only a Windows 8 driver so may or may not work.

Sooner or later we all come up against that one bit of hardware that is considered too old by their manufacturer to support.

If you have the budget, you may want to get a new monitor but I would buy another cable first to make sure its not that.

swarfega, Aug 5, 2016
  5. thank you.
    As stated, I checked the cable and Im not going to buy another monitor.
    Seems that its all about going new-avoid the old. An awesome example of big corporations concern.
    Just buy

pedralerri, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Dell Monitor P2314h driver update. Win 10 does not recognise it

1. Dell Monitor P2314h driver update. Win 10 does not recognise it - Similar Threads - Dell Monitor P2314h

2. Cannot update Dell P2314H Firmware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot update Dell P2314H Firmware: this is what the firmware updater is telling me:The following connected monitors have been detected: BOE Plug and Play Monitor - BOE0698 Drivers for the following monitors have been found: Dell P2314H DP - DEL4098 Dell P2314H DVI - DEL4099 Dell P2314H VGA - DEL409A Drivers...
  3. Cannot update Dell P2314H Firmware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot update Dell P2314H Firmware: this is what the firmware updater is telling me:The following connected monitors have been detected: BOE Plug and Play Monitor - BOE0698 Drivers for the following monitors have been found: Dell P2314H DP - DEL4098 Dell P2314H DVI - DEL4099 Dell P2314H VGA - DEL409A Drivers...
  4. Cannot update Dell P2314H Firmware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 11 does not recognise the third monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 does not recognise the third monitor: Hi there.I have windows 11 on a HP Victus Laptop. I had 2 monitor screens connected to my laptop so with the laptop screen that will be 3 in total.I connect the one monitor to the HDMI slot and the other monitor to the USB to HdMI converter.This was working fine until a few...
  6. Windows 11 does not recognise the third monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 does not recognise the third monitor: Hi there.I have windows 11 on a HP Victus Laptop. I had 2 monitor screens connected to my laptop so with the laptop screen that will be 3 in total.I connect the one monitor to the HDMI slot and the other monitor to the USB to HdMI converter.This was working fine until a few...
  7. Bluetooth drivers not updating after win 10 update in dell inspiron 1545

Bluetooth drivers not updating after win 10 update in dell inspiron 1545: well I ignored this issue for last 4 years but recently I came across this blog in forum https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-problem-after-udating-win-10-in-dell/3edc5ec3-88ee-40a3-91a2-22a69442daa5 I have the same problem as the person asking that...
  8. Dell monitor P2419h driver

Dell monitor P2419h driver: I have a Dell P2419h monitor that I'm trying to connect to my laptop. It connects, but the resolution isn't great 1600x900. I should be able to get 1920x1080. I downloaded the Dell driver, but I get the following message: The following connected monitors have been detected:...
  9. Dell Inspiron not recognising a Dell battery

Dell Inspiron not recognising a Dell battery: Why has my Dell Inspiron suddenly decided to regard my adapter as 'unknown', when it has been working well for years? The laptop works fine on mains electricity, apart from not charging either of my two interchangeable batteries....
  10. Driver for Dell monitor IN2010N

Driver for Dell monitor IN2010N: I can't seem to find the Driver for Dell monitor IN2010N on their website. Any idea what I can do, because the screen have no buttons to change contract etc... 90476

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Why my Dell laptop does not recognize the monitor P2341H

2. dell p2314h not recognized windows 10

3. why wont my dell p2314h monitor recognise my dell inspiron laptop