Windows 10: Dell not supporting XPS M1530 laptop upgrade to Windows 10

Discus and support Dell not supporting XPS M1530 laptop upgrade to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; *ConfusedHello All, I'm not sure if I am in the right forum, if not please let me know. I have a Dell laptop XPS 1530 with 4 gigs of ram running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tippy, Oct 21, 2015.

1. tippy Win User

Dell not supporting XPS M1530 laptop upgrade to Windows 10

*ConfusedHello All,
    I'm not sure if I am in the right forum, if not please let me know. I have a Dell laptop XPS 1530 with 4 gigs of ram running windows 7 professional. I have all the notices from MS that Windows 10 is on my laptop awaiting installation. I found out that Dell is not testing or supporting the XPS in Windows 10. Therefore there will be no drivers. So,
    I want to keep my laptop as is, windows 7.

Now how do I get rid of windows 10 install envelope and directory on my 'C' drive and get windows update working again.

thanks in advance.

:)

tippy, Oct 21, 2015

2. Dell XPS M1530 BIOS require updating for Windows 10 upgrade

I own a Dell XPS M1530 laptop on which I run Windows 8.1. I wish to upgrade it to run Windows 10

This morning a Microsoft Chat Technician spent approx 2 hours continually trying to install the Windows 10 upgrade; each time correcting any errors thrown up
    - it failed every time he tried.

Eventually he gave up and told me that I needed the BIOS updating and to contact Dell.

As my computer is too old for Dell to support I researched how to find the version of BIOS installed on my laptop. (VersionA07
    Date 24.01.2008)

I then typed "Dell XPS M1530 update BIOS" into the google search engine.
    The Dell website gave the heading :- " Dell XPS M1530 system BIOS. A12 Driver details /
    Dell US"

I used this site to upgrade to A12. I am still unable to upgrade to Windows 10

I am not very knowledgeable about computers - please could somebody tell me if I have done the wrong thing and how to sort this problem.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Caroline714, Oct 21, 2015
  3. My microphone is not longer working on my laptop after upgrading to Windows 10.

Just to add the my mic has stopped too since upgrading. Mine is a Dell XPS m1530 laptop. Any help would be appreciated. Noticed this whilst trying to configure Skype to work.

Joel Dubois

JoelDubois, Oct 21, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

delete the two hidden folder
    $windowsBT
    $windowsSW

or dsik properties > disk cleanup > clean system files

5. tippy Win User
    Here is the link to Dell's Support website on the XPS M1530 laptop:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/...-m1530/drivers

tippy, Oct 21, 2015
  6. bobkn Win User
    Staying with 7 may be wise. Oddly enough, I believe that 10 is a better upgrade over 8 than from 7.

However, I think that the laptop probably has Windows 10 drivers for all of its components. You just won't get them from Dell. In particular, the display adapter is an nVidia 8400M GS, which nVidia has compatible drivers for. (I have an old laptop with 8200M GS graphics. They work fine under 10.)

bobkn, Oct 22, 2015
  7. spapakons Win User

Yes, you can download chipset drivers directly from Intel, graphics directly from nVidia and so on. But in worst case you can use Dell's Windows 7 drivers, they should work. To avoid issues, I recommend gathering all the drivers first and even install those that can work in Windows 7 as well. Then start Windows 10 upgrade. When you see the "Connect to internet to check for updates" clear the box! Do not allow Windows Update to mess with your drivers before you successfully install Windows 10. Disable your Antivirus so it won't interfere and begin. When successfully in Windows 10, create a restore point, just in case, and then proceed to update all drivers starting from chipset since others depend on it. Then you can enable your Antivirus again. For more details have a look at this post.

spapakons, Oct 22, 2015
  8. bobkn Win User
    A minor detail, but the latest drivers that Dell offers for this machine are for Vista.

bobkn, Oct 22, 2015
  9. spapakons Win User
    Even Vista drivers could work. In this case, I would clone my current Windows installation on another disk or create a full backup image from it. So if anything goes wrong, I can just wipe the disk and restore the backup. Next, I would try to upgrade to Windows 10 and see. Chances are it will work, but then you have to download your drivers directly from manufacturers and avoid Dell.

Having a quick look at your notebook's driver site, I recommend:

Chipset is Intel. Download latest driver directly from Intel. Any driver for Windows 10 or 8 or 7 or Vista will work (the newer the better).
    Card Reader is Ricoh. Use driver for Vista provided at Dell's site, it should work. Windows 10 may no need it.
    Touch Monitor: Use driver for Vista provided at Dell's site, it should work. Windows 10 may no need it.
    Wireless is Dell: Use driver for Vista provided at Dell's site, it should work. Windows 10 may no need it.
    Bluetooth: Use driver for Vista provided at Dell's site, it should work. Windows 10 may no need it.
    Webcam: Download latest driver directly from Creative (if available) or use driver for Vista provided at Dell's site, it should work.
    Touchpad/keyboard: Use driver for Vista provided at Dell's site, it should work. Windows 10 may no need it.
    Fingerprint reader: Use driver for Vista provided at Dell's site, it should work. Windows 10 may no need it.

Graphics is not listed, but probably is Intel: Download latest driver directly from Intel.
    Audio not listed: If Windows Update doesn't find drivers automatically, post again to help you.
    LAN not listed: If Windows Update doesn't find drivers automatically, post again to help you.

After you have created a full system backup there is nothing to be afraid of. Try upgrading to Windows 10 and if anything goes wrong you can always restore the backup. I have successfully installed Windows 10 at a very old (Vista era) notebook with only 512MB. Yes, it is rather slow, but I wanted to test compatibility. Adding some RAM and making it at least 1GB the notebook becomes very responsive and useful again.

spapakons, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Dell not supporting XPS M1530 laptop upgrade to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Dell supporting XPS

2. Advice upgrading dell xps 8930 to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advice upgrading dell xps 8930 to windows 11: Hi Everyone.I am wondering if it is safe to upgrade my dell xps 8930 to windows 11?I spoke to dell and they really were very vague and did not offer any help at all.I have heard and read that the Dell xps 8930 has been tested and will run windows 11.Please find my system...
  3. Upgrade Old Dell XPS 15 9550 vs Buying New Dell XPS Laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrade Old Dell XPS 15 9550 vs Buying New Dell XPS Laptop?: Hey all. I posted this a while back but did not get a new battery nor get a new computer. My laptop battery is now 2.5 years and about 92% worn out. I had bought a replacement for it 2.5 years ago when the originally battery lasted for 1.5 years. So I mentioned I play online...
  4. Dell XPS 8700 upgrades

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell XPS 8700 upgrades: I'm looking to upgrade my wife's older Dell desktop. She is running windows 7, I would like to give it new life. It takes minutes to completely start up. I purchased a 1TB hard drive and a 250gb ssd. Can I install an OEM version of windows 10 home? or should I get a retail...
  5. Will Windows 10 run on a Dell XPS M140 Laptop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will Windows 10 run on a Dell XPS M140 Laptop?: This is talking about if Windows 10 will work on an Dell XPS M140 Laptop or not... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-windows-10-run-on-a-dell-xps-m140-laptop/2c3b8582-4597-4e13-b5f2-98c04e2390bf
  6. Dell XPS upgrade from windows 10 home to Windows 10 enterprise

Dell XPS upgrade from windows 10 home to Windows 10 enterprise: I have new Dell Xps 15 laptop and it came with windows 10 Home. I purchased Windows 10 Pro (enterprise from Microsoft store for $99 Purchase was fine it installed it shows Windows 10 Enterprise as my Operating System but it did not activate . I ran activation trouble...
  7. Dell Studio XPS 9100 Upgrade to Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Dell Studio XPS 9100 Upgrade to Windows 10: I have read conflicting reports about whether or not you can upgrade a Dell Studio XPS 9100 to Windows 10. If I purchase a Windows 10 download from Microsoft Store and it doesn't work, can I get my money back?...
  8. Can the Dell XPS 8700 be upgraded to Windows 10?

Can the Dell XPS 8700 be upgraded to Windows 10?: A friend with a Dell XPS 8700 i5 that was running Windows 7 had the OS crash. Recovery media is no longer available and a Microsoft Windows 7 disk isn't a solution because it requires inputting a license key; apparently Dell PCs have the license key embedded in the bios. The...
  9. Dell XPS Laptop CPU Slow!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell XPS Laptop CPU Slow!: Hi everyone, I have a Dell XPS 13 laptop model 9360 with 16gb RAM and 512gb SSD @ Intel I7-7500u with max of 2.70GHz and Turbo Boost to 3.50GHz. I don't know why the processor maxes out at 2.18GHz and the utilization rate never passes 75%...I doubled checked that Intel...
  10. Will Windows work on a Dell XPS M1530 laptop with 4GIGs of Ram

in Windows 10 Support
    Will Windows work on a Dell XPS M1530 laptop with 4GIGs of Ram: Hello, I have a Dell XPS M1530 laptop with 4gigs of Ram running Windows 7 Professional. I have a 465GB HD with 356 GB free. Will windows 10 pro work? thanks in advance. 13896

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what driver file do xps m1530 us for bluetooth

2. after i update the bios on my xps m1530

3. windows 10 en dell xps m1530