Windows 10: Dell Precision T5600 does not wake up from sleep

Discus and support Dell Precision T5600 does not wake up from sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The Issue All (7) of the Dell Precision T5600s in a computer lab do not wake up after going to sleep. Background Info I work in the ITS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PLZ H3LP, Apr 26, 2017.

1. PLZ H3LP Win User

Dell Precision T5600 does not wake up from sleep

The Issue

All (7) of the Dell Precision T5600s in a computer lab do not wake up after going to sleep.

Background Info

I work in the ITS department for an educational institution that has some T5600s in use in the Math/Computer Science department labs. We upgraded to Windows 10 last summer and later discovered that they do not wake up from sleep. At this point the user performs a hard reset to restart the machine. Due to numerous hard resets some hard drives were failing, prompting the call to ITS, etc. etc. Because these machines are all identical, all are experiencing these issues, so this is not an isolated incident.

System Specs
    Dell Precision T5600 (2012)

• 1 Intel Xeon E5-2603 (4 core, 1.8 GHz)
    • 4x2GB PC3L-10600R RAM
    • Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 SE (no integrated graphics)
    • 1 500GB WD5000 HDD
    • No additional PCI cards
    • Second CPU socket and RAM slots are empty
    • Windows 10 Enterprise, Windows 7 Enterprise/Pro (read on)
    What I have tried
    Prior to downgrading to Windows 7:

• Disabling hybrid sleep and hibernate
    • Updating drivers for the storage controller, video card, usb controllers, etc. to the latest version.
    • Updating the BIOS to the most recent version (A14 for this model)
    After downgrading to Windows 7:
    NOTE: We have an image that we apply to our systems with some pre-installed software and several Windows updates already installed, which is what I used to downgrade.

• Rolling back to drivers released prior to Windows 10
    • Using a different video card (specifically tried the GeForce 210)
    • Removing all Windows updates that were not yet released before the summer upgrade
    • Stopping and disabling as many services as possible
    • Uninstalling all end-user software (since this is a CS lab computer that includes Visual Studio and all that entails)
    • Installing Windows 7 Pro SP1 from a disc (so absolutely no 3rd party software installed beyond the Nvidia driver for the graphics card)
    • Physically transferred the hard drive containing Windows 7 from the T5600 to a Dell Optiplex 780, let Windows find the 780's drivers, restarted to apply the changes, and successfully slept and woke the 780 using the hard drive from the T5600. The only changes were the drivers.
    Additional Notes

• Windows 7 doesn't even boot if RAID is turned on. The drive must be imaged as AHCI-only. This makes the least amount of sense as these machines have RAID on by default. I suspect that this may be another symptom of whatever is causing the sleep issue.
    • If you didn't know, Windows 7 will not go to sleep with the basic VGA driver. The proper driver for the graphics card or integrated graphics must be installed before sleep is available.
    • This can't possibly be a group policy-related issue as I still encounter the issue on an unbound machine and also when I installed Windows 7 Pro from the disc.
    • Based on the troubleshooting I've done so far, the issue seems to be caused by either a bad driver update or a hardware issue.
    My Question
    I'm at my wits' end. I've done just about everything but replace the motherboard. Are there any other ways I can troubleshoot these machines? If this is a driver issue as I suspect, which one would it be? Have you seen anything remotely like this before?

:)

PLZ H3LP, Apr 26, 2017

2. Error Code: 0x80070002 when installing Windows 10

The model is a Dell Precision T5600. Hopefully that helps

WyattSibilia, Apr 26, 2017
  3. Dell Precision Workstation T5500 will not wake from Sleep Mode

If I allow my Dell Precision Workstation T5500 to enter sleep mode, or place it in sleep mode myself, the PC will not wake unless I hold the power button in to drain all electrons..

Moving the mouse, tapping the keyboard, a "quick" push of the power button results in nothing but a 'zombie' PC....

I assume I should be able to place a Dell Precision Workstation T5500 in Sleep Mode, and wake it?

(This is a PC, not a Laptop)

stephenjnix, Apr 26, 2017
  4. Dell Precision T5600 does not wake up from sleep

Hi PLZ H3LP. Welcome to the TenForums @PLZ H3LP

Have you run an Energy report to see if identifies any significant issues? Command Prompt(admin)

powercfg /energy /output %userprofile%\desktop\Energy.html

Next you said you use Windows 7 Pro from a disc. Did you use the Dell drivers? If not I would and I would install one by one and test.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 26, 2017
Thema:

Dell Precision T5600 does not wake up from sleep

1. Dell Precision T5600 does not wake up from sleep - Similar Threads - Dell Precision T5600

2. windows 10 does not wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 does not wake up from sleep: Hellowindows 10 does not wake up from sleep, or it takes over 40 minutes to load , please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-does-not-wake-up-from-sleep/a972c9c0-e3be-44f0-8566-4d3577c2e82a
  3. windows 10 does not wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 does not wake up from sleep: Hellowindows 10 does not wake up from sleep, or it takes over 40 minutes to load , please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-does-not-wake-up-from-sleep/a972c9c0-e3be-44f0-8566-4d3577c2e82a
  4. windows 10 does not wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. wake up from sleep?

wake up from sleep?: I can't wake up my computer from sleep be clicking the mouse or using the keyboard. I have tried everything and all the settings in device manager are set the same as my other computer and that one works fine....
  6. Wake up from sleep

Wake up from sleep: Hi My laptop doesn't wakeup after I put it to sleep, I just get a blank grey screen. I have to force a restart. What am I doing wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wake-up-from-sleep/c338a9d8-9ad1-4408-ac39-f86c54be1119
  7. Will not wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Will not wake up from sleep: I have 1809-17763.379 and if I choose sleep by right clicking the start button the computer will not wake up with the mouse or keyboard. It will wake up from screensaver with the mouse. If I push the power button it will wake up. Any suggestions will be appreciated. 130026
  8. Dell laptop randomly wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell laptop randomly wakes up from sleep: I've had this Dell Inspiron i5577 for quite a while, and now, it's been waking up randomly at night. This morning I woke up to my computer on, well, sort of. It was on, the fans were loud, but the screen wasn't on. My RGB external keyboard was on too, but my mouse wasn't. I'm...
  9. Windows 10 does not wake up from sleep

Windows 10 does not wake up from sleep: I use an old motherboard ASUS P5GC-MX/1333 with Intel core2 Duo & 4 GB RAM, all 10 years old. I bought and installed Windows 10 retail. (have been using WIN XP professional and loved it, but this Kumbakt Microsoft won't honour your love and always wants you to upgrade!)...
  10. Dell WIN10 DESKTOP (NOT LAPTOP!) does not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell WIN10 DESKTOP (NOT LAPTOP!) does not wake from sleep: Dell WIN10 DESKTOP (NOT LAPTOP!) does not wake from sleep. After frustration with sleep issues, PC was set to never sleep and hibernation was DISABLED, hybrid sleep was set to OFF. PC went into sleep overnight, and cannot be waked. After manual shutdown & holding...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell t5600 windows 10 suspend mode

2. dell t5600 windows 10 hiberanation

3. dell precision will not wake up from sleep

4. dell 3050 optiplex does not wake up from sleep mode win 10,
  5. wol dell precision t5600,
  6. wake precision t5600