Windows 10: Dell Removal Patches For Their Second Problem. (New Pc's With)

Discus and support Dell Removal Patches For Their Second Problem. (New Pc's With) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, Regarding those two bad items (virus' ?) that Dell included with their new shipped PC's after, I think, Aug. of this year. Blame it on my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Robert11, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Robert11 Win User

Dell Removal Patches For Their Second Problem. (New Pc's With)

Hello,

Regarding those two bad items (virus' ?) that Dell included with
    their new shipped PC's after, I think, Aug. of this year.

Blame it on my age now, but I don't recall their names.
    One of them, had something like "Dellroot...", I think.

They issued a simple patch for the removal of the first.
    I did that one.

Have they issued a Patch for the second one yet ? IF so, Where can I find it ?
    I really don't want to go thru a 17 step removal process.

Thanks,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Dec 11, 2015

2. Windows update removes my Wi-Fi

I have a brand new Dell 13" I7, when windows updates it removes my Wi-Fi,

Dell tried to sell me a software patch on a brand new computer. Looks like this has happened to numerous individuals, does Microsoft have a software patch available. Dell states it is not a hardware issue but a software issue therefore it is not covered
    under warranty.

DarrellGhysels, Dec 11, 2015
  3. MardAZ Win User
    Windows 10 Update Bricked my Dell Today-Jan 14 2018

The issue at this point is to revive the PC to be able to do ANYTHING. It appears that the Microsoft patch put the Dell motherboard into a state in which it will not do anything other than run the fan or give a proper beep code if the memory is removed.
    That is it. Until the MoBo is revived, there is NOTHING that can be done to fix the problem.

MardAZ, Dec 11, 2015
  4. simrick Win User

http://www.dell.com/support/article/...en&s=bsd&cs=04

How to remove the eDellRoot and DSDTestProvider certificates from your system

Follow the instructions below to remove the eDellRoot and DSDTest certificates from your system. Please note the following additional information about the removal of the eDellRoot certificate from Dell PC's:

• Dell will also push a software update starting November 24, that will check for the certificate, and if detected will remove it.
    • Customers who reimaged their systems without Dell Foundation Services are not affected by this issue.
    • Additionally, the certificate will be removed from all Dell systems moving forward .
    Automatic Removal:

simrick, Dec 11, 2015
Thema:

1. Dell Removal Patches For Their Second Problem. (New Pc's With) - Similar Threads - Dell Removal Patches

2. Internet connection problem on new Dell PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connection problem on new Dell PC: I got a new Dell Inspiron 3880 PC (Windows 10) on (Monday) June 21st on a 15-day return policy, and so far most everything is fine, except for one problem. Early on (Fri.) July 1st, my Internet connection went down for the first time, and when I use the troubleshooter, I get...
  3. New Dell PC on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Dell PC on Windows 10: I have a new Dell PC and cannot use it...At the log in screen it displays a different email address and it is wanting a PIN? I have a Microsoft account with another email and Password but this PC will not let me get past this "pin" and it is totally useless! Dell Support...
  4. Problems with signing into pc for second time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with signing into pc for second time: Hello there! So yesterday I received a new Windows 10 desktop after having a very old windows 7 laptop for many years. Today when I went to sign in after setting everything up last night, my Microsoft account was giving security issues. Not an issue, was an old account so I...
  5. New PC problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC problems: I just received a new Dell Inspiron 3580 with Win 10 Pro. Used to have Win 10 Home. I'm have a big problem with getting Mozilla profiles into Win Pro. Nothing seem to work. I keep getting a message that my old profiles cannot be use in a different version of Win 10. Old PC...
  6. Patch Tuesday Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Patch Tuesday Problems: I recently updated to the 2004 update with no issues. However, since the patch Tuesday update that was issued yesterday, my computer has been having serious problems out of the blue. Office apps won’t open (I tried to uninstall and reinstall, it won’t reinstall) Random...
  7. New Dell PC randomly freezing/hanging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New Dell PC randomly freezing/hanging: So, My new Dell XPS PC has begun to randomly hang or freeze(3-4secs) and I assume it will only get worse. The pointer will lock in place for like 3 or 4 seconds. It's 4 days old and I think a contributing factor may be that I uninstalled a bunch of stuff that came pre-loaded...
  8. Problems with activation on new dell laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problems with activation on new dell laptop: Bought a new dell inspiron laptop came with window 10 home tried to format it and place windows 10 pro in its place but the thing keeps bring up the windows 10 home with the same key . must be in the bios, How can I use my new key to get windows 10 pro installed ? ive tried...
  9. New Dell PC crashes network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Dell PC crashes network: Hi, Whenever I connect the Ethernet cable to my new Dell PC (Inspiron 3655, win 10, 64 bit), traffic goes up to about 50% without any application open and effectively crashes my home network (3 PCs). When I disconnect, everything goes back to normal. I have installed...
  10. New Dell PC: Removing Crapware?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Dell PC: Removing Crapware?: I've got a new Dell PC. What is the best way to remove all the crapware? By this I mean all the Dell Utilities, the McAfee AV, DVD Players etc? I've downloaded a recovery disk, but I think it's still all there. It must be installed from an script, so perhaps this could be...