Windows 10: Dell Studio 1458, updated to Windows 10 Home and Crucial SSD: BSODs

Discus and support Dell Studio 1458, updated to Windows 10 Home and Crucial SSD: BSODs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello and thanks in advance to those who read and help with my problem. I have a Dell Studio 1458 which I recently updated with a Crucial SSD and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ejdewaard, Apr 15, 2016.

1. ejdewaard Win User

Dell Studio 1458, updated to Windows 10 Home and Crucial SSD: BSODs

Hello and thanks in advance to those who read and help with my problem. I have a Dell Studio 1458 which I recently updated with a Crucial SSD and Windows 10 Home. I frequently (daily or more frequently) experience BSODs, often with the flag DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. It seems that the BSODs mostly happen when I allow the computer to go to sleep on its own, in accordance with the power and sleep policy in Windows 10. I also often notice that the computer will become extremely sluggish prior to a BSOD (but not always).

I've updated all of the drivers, using SlimDrivers as well as individually checking the driver status of key pieces of hardware (wireless card, video card, and SSD) and yet I still experience BSODs daily. I've attached the log and am hoping that someone can lead me in the right direction towards solving my issues.

Thanks again.

Attachment 74993

:)

ejdewaard, Apr 15, 2016
  2. DiegoM99 Win User

Windows 10 profile too many crashes I want to go back to windows 7.

too many problems with Windows 10

crashes, frozen...several times

now is telling me that my the laptop couldn't sign in with my profile!! I can't use my computer.

Dell Studio 1458 I5

Suddenly, I was able to log in with a standard profile.

Please I need to go back to windows 7.

I think this people did launch this when still is being prepared

DiegoM99, Apr 15, 2016
  3. 浚偉陳 Win User
    Win10 BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal; memory_management; system_thread_exception_not_handled

Hi everyone. I have bought a new HP Pavilion 15 notebook recently. I have been encountering the mentioned BSOD since i have started using it. It shows up approximately every 5 minutes. Sometimes, a system file named NTFS.sys is also shown. Besides the irql_not_less_or_equal
    error, i have also encountered system_thread_exception_not_handled and memory_management and a few others that don't show up that often. Memory_management is the one that happens the most. I am suspecting the SSD because i have read a few articles saying that
    having both a SSD and a HDD in one machine might cause errors in Windows 10. And there is once that the BSOD mentioned a file named mticache.sys ,which is a cache file in my Crucial MX200 SSD. I have tried most of the simple solutions found on the Internet
    like updating the drivers and Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool and sfc/scannow. They were unable to help. Can anyone give me some advice please?

Details of my notebook

Model: HP Pavilion 15

CPU: i5-6200U

RAM: 8 GB DDR3

GPU: GeForce 940MX

HD: Crucial MX200 256GB SSD

WD Blue WD5000LPCX 500GB HDD

浚偉陳, Apr 15, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

*Smile
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm Acceler Browse full module list start end module name fffff801`34740000 fffff801`3474c000 Acceler T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: Acceler.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\Acceler.sys Image name: Acceler.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Fri Jun 26 22:56:34 2009 (4A453602) CheckSum: 00015106 ImageSize: 0000C000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. ejdewaard Win User
    axe0:

Thanks for your reply. The reference you made to the accelerometer lead me to a discussion on another site about issues with the driver for a ST Microelectronics 3 axis accelerometer and while Dell doesn't provide a Windows 10 driver, a poster found one that works with a Dell 1558. That machine is similar enough to my 1458 that I was able to install the driver and haven't experienced any BSODs since. For the benefit of others who may have a similar issue, the driver is FFS_ST_W78_A00_Setup-KT7XG_ZPE.exe. The linked address in the posting on the other site was no longer valid so I suggest that one needing the above file simply use the file name as the search term.

I went ahead and removed SlimDrivers and also modified CCleaner not to delete the memory dumps.

Again thanks! I'm confident enough to call my issue solved.

ejdewaard, Apr 16, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Glad to hear *Smile

FYI, as you have a laptop you only need to install the drivers Dell provides.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Dell Studio 1458, updated to Windows 10 Home and Crucial SSD: BSODs - Similar Threads - Dell Studio 1458

2. Did Windows sleep mode damage Crucial SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did Windows sleep mode damage Crucial SSD?: Hi. I have a new Crucial X8 4TB drive. It's used for storing large video files.It took some doing but once the USB 3.2 port drivers, matching cable and NTFS format were setup, it ran like a dream. Average write speed was 800MB/s and this did not let up. It would run flat out...
  3. Did Windows sleep mode damage Crucial SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Did Windows sleep mode damage Crucial SSD?: Hi. I have a new Crucial X8 4TB drive. It's used for storing large video files.It took some doing but once the USB 3.2 port drivers, matching cable and NTFS format were setup, it ran like a dream. Average write speed was 800MB/s and this did not let up. It would run flat out...
  4. BSOD 10 seconds after boot with new P5 Crucial M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD 10 seconds after boot with new P5 Crucial M.2 SSD: Windows Version: 2004 Hi all, I recently won an m2 ssd, after never using one before I decided to install it as a spare ssd drive for games as I only have an ssd as my boot drive. Upon installing, after about 15 seconds on my boot screen, I BSOD, with...
  5. Dell Studio 1555 issues since Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dell Studio 1555 issues since Windows 10 update: hi all, sorry firstly if this in slightly the wrong location, if so im happy to move or change it. so; i have had my Dell Studio 1555 since 2009 and it was worked flawlessly since then, never a hiccup or issue. i got the warning roughly in Feburary to say Windows 7 would no...
  6. Dell laptop running Windows 10 Home BSOD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell laptop running Windows 10 Home BSOD: My Dell Inspiron 15 is unable to get me to the login screen. It will sometimes turn on except for the scree which stays off, get me to the Dell logo screen and not load, or it will give me a BSOD with error code 0xc0000428, much like this:...
  7. Windows 10 does recognize New Crucial MX500 SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 does recognize New Crucial MX500 SSD: I Imaged my new Crucial MX500 SSD to become my boot drive. I can see it in the bios of my Dell XPS 8700, I can see it in windows 10 disk Manager, but I do not see it under My computer. Under Disk Manager I see the Crucial Drive as Disk 0 with no Drive letter attached but...
  8. Windows 10 Home v1803 with updates as at July 2018 AND Crucial 500GB SSD - Windows and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home v1803 with updates as at July 2018 AND Crucial 500GB SSD - Windows and...: Windows 10 and applications (eg Excel 2013) randomly FREEZE when using a Crucial 500GB SSD in a Toshiba Qosmio core i7 15.6inch screen laptop (circa 2011). I replaced the Hitashi 5200rpm 750GB harddisk in the Toshiba laptop to get faster response when starting/using laptop...
  9. Crucial 500gb SSD Momentum cache

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Crucial 500gb SSD Momentum cache: Hi, I have downloaded crucial executive for my SSD and on one page there is a button to enable the drives momentum cache. Also on this page is a warning that my PC is not battery backuped so enabling momentum cache is at my own risk. I backup my SSD to a Hitachi mechanical...
  10. Clean Install to New Crucial SSD Activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean Install to New Crucial SSD Activation: I just got off the phone with MS Support.*Mad My current HD is so full I decided to install a new Crucial 500GB SSD to hold the OS and all Apps. I have downloaded Win 10 ISO and burned it to a Disc with the intent of installing to the new SSD which will be the primary while...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mticache bsod