Windows 10: Dell Studio 540 updated to Win 10 - Keyboard driver not working

Discus and support Dell Studio 540 updated to Win 10 - Keyboard driver not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good Day. I have upgraded my old Dell Studio 540 from Win 7 to Win 10. Everything seems to be working fine except the keyboard no longer works. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TonysBodywork, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Dell Studio 540 updated to Win 10 - Keyboard driver not working

Good Day. I have upgraded my old Dell Studio 540 from Win 7 to Win 10. Everything seems to be working fine except the keyboard no longer works. In Device Manager the keyboard is now "Unknown Device" and automated device driver update attempted to install Pluralinput Keyboard 0.8.4. The driver software encountered an error while attempting to install. Dell offers no assistance that I have been able to find. They did not test the Dell Studio 540 for Win 10.
    Any suggestions for a keyboard driver? I can always purchase a Bluetooth keyboard.

:)

TonysBodywork, Sep 20, 2016
  2. E. D.Vogt Win User

Win 7 home prem 64 bit w/no win 10 app

I have a Dell Studio 540 running win 7 home premium 64 bit that meats all the proper specs and is up to date, but still no windows 10 upgrade app. Us there a way to force this ?

E. D.Vogt, Sep 20, 2016
  3. ATI Radeon 4300/4500 Series Drivers

Hello! I'm running Windows 10 on the Dell Studio 540s and this moring, after months of being at 1920x1080 resolution, my PC decided to revert to 1024 x 768. I've tried updating the drivers but that hasn't worked, and I've uninstalled and reinstalled the
    drivers but that isn't working either. If you need more information please ask, but if you could help that would be fantastic!

YT_PyroNinja, Sep 20, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

Dell Studio 540 updated to Win 10 - Keyboard driver not working

According to our friends at Google, "Pluralinput Keyboard" is a third party driver that allows multiple mice and keyboard to be used simultaneously.

Sounds like it's the cause of your problem. Can you uninstall it?

bobkn, Sep 20, 2016
  5. Have you tried using the Microsoft driver which would be better than you installed already

hTconeM9user, Sep 21, 2016
  6. Hi hTconeM9user,
    Perhaps my information was a little unclear. The Win 10 upgrade rendered the original (updated to that point) Dell keyboard driver void. The keyboard didn't work after the upgrade. I tried to replace the defunct driver with the automated download and install system in Device Manager, which attempted to install the Pluralinput Keyboard 0.8.4 but that encountered an error while attempting to install.
    I'm hoping someone knows enough about keyboard drivers and Win 10 that can tell me which driver I need and where to get it.
    I hope this makes more sense to you with that expansion of detail. Please let me know if there's any further information I can provide that would further clarify the situation.
    Many Thanks,
    Tony

TonysBodywork, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Dell Studio 540 updated to Win 10 - Keyboard driver not working

1. Dell Studio 540 updated to Win 10 - Keyboard driver not working - Similar Threads - Dell Studio 540

2. Dell Keyboard not working properly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Keyboard not working properly.: I have a Dell Inspiron 320 Desktop PC running Windows11 Home edition. The keyboard is a DELL KB216P USB keyboard. At the point of entering my PIN the numeric keypad works. As soon as Windows starts, the numeric keypad stops responding with number outputs. The second function...
  3. Dell Studio One 19 1909 WebCam Drivers for Win 10...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Studio One 19 1909 WebCam Drivers for Win 10...: Windows Pro 64-bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572) I upgraded this Dell Studio One 19 1909 from Vista to Win 10. Afterwards, no camera or mic is detected. There is a USB error in Dev Mgr but I don't know if that is the C&M problem or something else entirely. The DevMgr...
  4. Dell Studio One 19 1909 Drivers

Dell Studio One 19 1909 Drivers: I just upgraded this machine to Win 10. When it came up the Device Manager showed no driver for a Co-Processor and an unknown device. Actually there were two unknown devices but I only noticed one. I found a thread where there was a link to a fix for the co-processor and for...
  5. Bluetooth drivers not updating after win 10 update in dell inspiron 1545

Bluetooth drivers not updating after win 10 update in dell inspiron 1545: well I ignored this issue for last 4 years but recently I came across this blog in forum https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-problem-after-udating-win-10-in-dell/3edc5ec3-88ee-40a3-91a2-22a69442daa5 I have the same problem as the person asking that...
  6. Dell Studio 1555 issues since Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dell Studio 1555 issues since Windows 10 update: hi all, sorry firstly if this in slightly the wrong location, if so im happy to move or change it. so; i have had my Dell Studio 1555 since 2009 and it was worked flawlessly since then, never a hiccup or issue. i got the warning roughly in Feburary to say Windows 7 would no...
  7. keyboard and mouse not working after win 10 update

keyboard and mouse not working after win 10 update: whats wrong with my keyboard and mouse after windows 10 update? how do i fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-after-win-10-update/78eb58c5-1151-4e71-90b6-2860691458a5
  8. Dell Monitor P2314h driver update. Win 10 does not recognise it

Dell Monitor P2314h driver update. Win 10 does not recognise it: Hi people, As shown somewhere in the forum, older than 2013 PC-laptops won´t work as they shoud with win 10. Mine was checked to confirm it could suppport win 10 and it was successfull, but while it worked great with win7 home P + external screen Dell P2314h, now the...
  9. Line 6 POD Studio UX2 - Current Drivers Do Not Work With Win 10

Line 6 POD Studio UX2 - Current Drivers Do Not Work With Win 10: This isn't a request for help just a heads-up. The Line 6 POD Studio UX2 audio interface does not work with Windows 10. The latest available version of the driver is 4.2.7.1 and it hails from 2013. Despite being listed for Windows 10 in the Line 6 download section it...
  10. Has anyone updated a Dell Studio 540 from Windows 7 to 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Has anyone updated a Dell Studio 540 from Windows 7 to 10?: My daughter has a Dell Studio 540 running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and she's been asking me if it's OK to upgrade to Windows 10. Since I live several hundred miles from her I didn't want to tell her to go ahead until I had a chance to check things out and now I'm...