Windows 10: Dell Touchpad no longer scrolls or zooms since Windows 10 update

Discus and support Dell Touchpad no longer scrolls or zooms since Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since my most recent Windows 10 update the Touchpad on my Dell Latitude laptop no longer scrolls or zooms. I have to manually update the driver upon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AdrianneP, Aug 17, 2018.

1. AdrianneP Win User

Dell Touchpad no longer scrolls or zooms since Windows 10 update

Since my most recent Windows 10 update the Touchpad on my Dell Latitude laptop no longer scrolls or zooms. I have to manually update the driver upon every restart and upon waking up from sleep. How do I fix this problem so I don't have to update the drive several times a day?

:)

AdrianneP, Aug 17, 2018

2. Tablet mode Scroll Often Zooms

Hi Mark,

Are you using the touchpad to scroll? Could it be that the Pinch Zoom feature is enabled? To check, follow these steps:

• Press Start button on the keyboard, type Touchpad settings and select the top most search result.
    • Scroll down until you find the Pinch to zoom option.
    • Uncheck the box next to Pinch to zoom.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Let me know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Aug 17, 2018
  3. markymarc Win User
    One finger scroll

I have a newer dell laptop with the synaptics touchpad. Did the windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 (where my touchpad worked perfectly). Since installing Windows 10, the touchpad no longer scrolled along the right side.

To fix this, I went to the dell website using my service code to find downloads specific to my computer, and downloaded the synaptics touchpad driver for windows 8.1. I uninstalled the original 8.1 dell / synaptic installation. I'm guessing windows 10 overroad the synaptics driver. I simply reinstalled the synaptics driver and it works perfectly on Windows 10. One step to mention... after installation of the driver / program into windows 10, you go to the dell pointing devices / touchpad properties, click on the edge scroll and zoom tab, then turn that feature of the touchpad on. Gotta turn it on. Good to go!

markymarc, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Dell Touchpad no longer scrolls or zooms since Windows 10 update

Tablet mode Scroll Often Zooms

Interesting except I'm using the surface of the tablet itself to Scroll.

I've not coded on Windows in over 10 yrs, here's what I guess is going on:

- Windows interprets my one fingered slow drag as a pinch

- The apps DrawBoard and Edge Interpret a pinch as a zoom

So I'm guessing the bug is a windows problem. I checked both DrawBoard and Edge - there is nothing around zooming for me to disable.

MarkLevison, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

Dell Touchpad no longer scrolls or zooms since Windows 10 update

1. Dell Touchpad no longer scrolls or zooms since Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Dell Touchpad longer

2. scroll and zoom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    scroll and zoom: scroll and zoom option for two finger scrolling does not have my windows 11 laptop: hp pavilion x360 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-and-zoom/6f97e714-9655-4a14-a020-7f3557dd8503
  3. scroll and zoom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    scroll and zoom: scroll and zoom option for two finger scrolling does not have my windows 11 laptop: hp pavilion x360 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-and-zoom/6f97e714-9655-4a14-a020-7f3557dd8503
  4. scrolling and zooming with 2 fingers on touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    scrolling and zooming with 2 fingers on touchpad: I was able to scroll and zoom with 2 fingers with the touchpad but then the touchpad stopped working completely so I uninstalled it but now I can't make any adjustments from touchpad settings, the touchpad works but I can't scroll and zoom with 2 fingers, how do I fix that?...
  5. Touchpad scroll no longer works on Sony Vaio after windows 10 upgrade

Touchpad scroll no longer works on Sony Vaio after windows 10 upgrade: I have updated the drivers also. I have even installed old driver to get back the scrolling enabled but it still doesn't work. Please give a complete step by step procedure to enable the scrolling....
  6. My scroll on touchpad, as well as the zoom-in on the touchpad stopped working after some...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My scroll on touchpad, as well as the zoom-in on the touchpad stopped working after some...: Basically, title. Windows has been updating to the 1903 version , can that be related to those functions automatically disabling? submitted by /u/legendoftheseas [link] [comments]...
  7. Touchpad not scrolling since the Windows update.

Touchpad not scrolling since the Windows update.: I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. Since the update my touchpad won't scroll with two fingers like it did previously. I've tried looking up ways to solve this but they don't work. I think this problem occurs when I restart my computer. thank you....
  8. Dell Touchpad scrolling not working on old laptop after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell Touchpad scrolling not working on old laptop after Windows 10 update: this is less a question and more an answer that will hopefully help someone in the future. my brother gave me an old dell inspiron N5030 that he no longer needed so i figured i'd update it from windows 7 to windows 10 and try and find some use for it. upon updating i...
  9. Scroll wheel (to zoom) in windows photo is no longer responsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scroll wheel (to zoom) in windows photo is no longer responsive: After searching, I could not find a thread that addressed the issue that I am having. The scroll wheel after 8 or 9 turns will zoom in by about 15% and then stop (and switching photos is no longer possible after this). The mouse and scroll wheel are fully functioning in...
  10. Acer E5-511 touchpad no longer working since windows 10 update.

Acer E5-511 touchpad no longer working since windows 10 update.: Maybe 8 months ago i updated my Acer E5-511-C1WE laptop from windows 8 - Windows 10. It defeated me but now im back! After the update everything was working fine bar the touch pad, When i start up the laptop and windows loads the touch pad will work for maybe a second then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. touchpad no longer scrolls

2. touchpad scroll and zoom not working

3. pinch zoom not working on dell latitude

4. touchpad no longer smooth zooms