Windows 10: Dell WIN10 DESKTOP (NOT LAPTOP!) does not wake from sleep

Discus and support Dell WIN10 DESKTOP (NOT LAPTOP!) does not wake from sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dell WIN10 DESKTOP (NOT LAPTOP!) does not wake from sleep. After frustration with sleep issues, PC was set to never sleep and hibernation was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by spettro, Apr 18, 2017.

1. spettro Win User

Dell WIN10 DESKTOP (NOT LAPTOP!) does not wake from sleep

Dell WIN10 DESKTOP (NOT LAPTOP!) does not wake from sleep.

After frustration with sleep issues, PC was set to never sleep and hibernation was DISABLED, hybrid sleep was set to OFF.

PC went into sleep overnight, and cannot be waked.

After manual shutdown & holding for 45 seconds, PC goes immediately back into sleep mode on pressing start button, with light flashing but will not wake up. No opportunity to get control of the PC.

USB wire-connected keyboard & mouse are not "on" and thus not recognized by sleeping system.

IE, NO WAY TO GET COMMAND PROMPT or GET CONTROL OF BOOT or SYSTEM, SO CANNOT TRY THE MANY TIPS FOUND IN FORUMS FOR ENDLESS SLEEP MODE, NOR CAN I UPDATE DRIVERS - sorry for CAPs but I've seen many suggestions, all of which rely on being able to access the BIOS or Safe Start etc, so are not helpful to this case. Thanks in advance for any help!

:)

spettro, Apr 18, 2017
  2. GWRay Win User

Windows 10 does not wake up from sleep

Thank you for the thought, something to look at anyway.

I can't find IMEI on my Dell Desktop anywhere. Searching Dell's site it looks like there are drivers available for newer desktops but mine isn't supported for Windows 10 (though for the most part this machine is working fine with the exception of the sleep/wake
    issue).

Sorry for the most basic question, but is it in device manager where I would IMEI? Which category?

Also, assuming it still works, I can find the option to NOT allow Windows to download driver software by opening control panel and searching for drivers. Of the choices that appear choose "Change device installation settings" and set it to "No, let me choose
    what to do".

GWRay, Apr 18, 2017
  3. Roggsf Win User
    Windows Bluetooth mouse will not function after waking from sleep on Windows 10.

Original Title:Windows Bluetooth Mouse Gone Waking from Sleep

Hi

Running Win10 up-to-date on Dell Alienware Desktop. Just recently (within last week+/-) the windows Bluetooth mouse disappears during sleep. Hard to get it back. Guess feel the way into Settings Panel Overview and it reappears. This is however slow,
    obscure and a frustrating solution.

Anyone have a solution to this ?

Thanks

Roggsf, Apr 18, 2017
  4. mQ573 Win User

What makes you think your PC even re-started?
    Wired KBD and mouse are ON as soon as the machine is.
    Did you hear some beeping sounds when you turned the machine on?
    Pull the power cord in the back or the wall plug. Wait 60 sec., put it back, press Start and listen for sounds.

mQ573, Apr 19, 2017
  5. spettro Win User
    Thanks mQ573 --

Disconnected PC power cord and let machine sit for an hour. Re-connected power. Now, PC start button will not do anything. No beeps, no lights, no boot. Machine is inert. So, good news is PC is not in perpetual sleep. Bad news is machine is dead. Will investigate how to replace CMOS battery when I get time. TY for your help.

spettro, Apr 19, 2017
  6. mQ573 Win User
    That's what I was suspecting from the start.

Don't even bother with the CMOS battery. You probably have a dead Power Supply Unit. It can be tested but not over the net
    Dell WIN10 DESKTOP (NOT LAPTOP!) does not wake from sleep [​IMG]

You can have it replaced or DIY (a bit harder than the battery). Make a note of the form factor and the wattage. Get a good one of a slightly superior wattage. FYI, about 26% of failures are due to old/dirty/cheap PSUs.

You may also elect to buy another machine and probably connect your present HDD to it (Internally or externally).

Good luck.

mQ573, Apr 19, 2017
  7. spettro Win User
    Many thx! We have other systems, plus I decided to get an HP refurbed Win 7 pro 8 gig while they are still available, and that one is the replacement for the done Dell, so no panic. Will learn about PSU replace, but I'm software, not hardware, so who knows. Really appreciate your advice.

spettro, Apr 19, 2017
  8. mQ573 Win User

You're welcome.

Please mark the thread as solved.

mQ573, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Dell WIN10 DESKTOP (NOT LAPTOP!) does not wake from sleep - Similar Threads - Dell WIN10 DESKTOP

2. Windows 10 laptop and desktop instantly waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 laptop and desktop instantly waking from sleep: My Windows 10 laptop Dell G3 3590 running Windows 10 Home and my desktop Dell OptiPlex 745 running Windows 10 Pro both always instantly wake up from sleep when I tell them to go to sleep. I see that others are having this problem and I have already tried running the power...
  3. Win10 Desktop wakes up from sleep on it's own

Win10 Desktop wakes up from sleep on it's own: My Win10 Desktop wakes up from sleep on it's own. I've tried all the checks and changes recommended that I can find and none will work. I ran a "powercfg /requests" but am not sure how to read it. Is it saying that the VIA High Def Audio is the item causing a power-on...
  4. Laptop keyboard does not work after waking from sleep

Laptop keyboard does not work after waking from sleep: I have a HP Pavilion laptop, and in the last week, the keyboard has stopped working when I wake the computer from sleep. I am still able to log on using the on-screen touch keyboard. After about 30 seconds after I have logged in, the physical keyboard starts working again....
  5. Win10 1703 Will Not Wake From Sleep

Win10 1703 Will Not Wake From Sleep: YET ANOTHER PROBLEM I do NOT want to install windows 10 version 1809 OR 1903 they have way to much bloatware embedded, Why wont my machine wake up from sleep when i set my RAM to its proper XMP speed profile? Aorus X470 Gaming7 Wifi Motherboard 16GB DDR4 Corsair RGB...
  6. Laptop randomly wakes from sleep - DELL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop randomly wakes from sleep - DELL: I've had this Dell Inspiron i5577 for quite a while, and now, it's been waking up randomly at night. This morning I woke up to my computer on, well, sort of. It was on, the fans were loud, but the screen wasn't on. My RGB external keyboard was on too, but my mouse wasn't. I'm...
  7. Dell laptop randomly wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell laptop randomly wakes up from sleep: I've had this Dell Inspiron i5577 for quite a while, and now, it's been waking up randomly at night. This morning I woke up to my computer on, well, sort of. It was on, the fans were loud, but the screen wasn't on. My RGB external keyboard was on too, but my mouse wasn't. I'm...
  8. Wake up from sleep to desktop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Wake up from sleep to desktop: I recently had to reinstall Windows. I've never used a password on my desktop PC. I can boot to my desktop. But settings hides functionality without a password. So is there a way to get windows to wake from sleep directly to the desktop without one? Perhaps with a command?...
  9. After Win10, HP desktop will not wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    After Win10, HP desktop will not wake up from sleep: After an upgrade to Windows 10, my HP Compaq 6005 Pro Small Form Factor will not wake up properly from sleep. After sleep, if I press a key on the keyboard or press the power button, I hear the fan and hard drive start up, and the monitor goes from completely off to on yet...
  10. Dell Precision T5600 does not wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell Precision T5600 does not wake up from sleep: The Issue All (7) of the Dell Precision T5600s in a computer lab do not wake up after going to sleep. Background Info I work in the ITS department for an educational institution that has some T5600s in use in the Math/Computer Science department labs. We upgraded to...