Windows 10: Dell Windows 10 screen refreshing constantly

Discus and support Dell Windows 10 screen refreshing constantly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hie, im having a problem with my dell insipiron 14 3000 series whereby its constantly refeshing at the desktop screen almost at 10 second intervals or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dugmavhuwani, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Dell Windows 10 screen refreshing constantly

hie,

im having a problem with my dell insipiron 14 3000 series whereby its constantly refeshing at the desktop screen almost at 10 second intervals or less.

i cant seem to do anything about the problem as its not giving me enough time to open the taskbar and all. this started when i sent an Archicad file to my pc and before the file finished sending it started flickering. ive forced shutdown 3 times but the problem is persisting. please help!

thanks in advance

:)

dugmavhuwani, Aug 27, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Desktop constantly refreshing

Hi, some ideas here:
    Windows 10 Taskbar and Desktop Constantly Refreshing - Microsoft Community
    BEST FIX: Stop Windows 10 Taskbar and Desktop Refreshing - Appuals.com

Another observation:
    Windows 10 Desktop Constant Refresh: how can I stop the constant refreshing? - Windows Central Forums
    ...had the constant refresh problem
    Fixed it thus: First switching off WiFi, then right click on start button, select the shutdown sign off and select shutdown
    Then boot pc as normal - leave to do all its stuff - suggest about a couple of minutes - switch wifi back on and all was as it should be.

Another:
    Uninstall IDT Audio (if installed).

System Restore can be unreliable. Restore now doesn't work for me with a particular message which has rarely been reported.

Having read the above, if no help, then basics:
    a. Does it happen in Safe Mode?
    b. Does it happen after a clean boot?

dalchina, Aug 27, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Constant Refreshing & Dell Inspirion N5050

I am having a problem with "refreshing" after installing windows 10 on my alienware m18x (another Dell system)

"Refreshing" in this case means that the screen flickers briefly, any full screen windows get minimised, the toolbar at the side gets temporarily blacked out. As does the icons on the desk top (vanish temporarily), and the desktop background.

I managed to solve it (from suggestions by others ) by uninstalling the IDT audio driver.

This then led to a solve of the refresh but permanent mute of the computer (i.e. no sounds).

crankyhawk, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Dell Windows 10 screen refreshing constantly

Windows 10 after update screen is constantly refreshing

This is anoying and very frustrating.

Today i updated the win10 (dont know the id of it) after it i logged in on my user, and the windows has started constantly refreshing the screen. I could do nothing, just press ctrl+alt+del. And start taskmanager,but screen still refreshed in every second.
    I couldnt type in New task.. because still refreshed constantly. Same in safe mode.

Restored from image, and was okay. But started to update again. And after update the proble appeared again.

This update was a ****. MS shame on you. I will update this post if i get the update id.

Thrawn1975, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

Dell Windows 10 screen refreshing constantly

1. Dell Windows 10 screen refreshing constantly - Similar Threads - Dell screen refreshing

2. Windows explorer won't open, constantly causes screen to refresh

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer won't open, constantly causes screen to refresh: Through a lot of troubleshooting I was actually able to figure out what is causing this issue, and it seems to be my user account. Safe Mode had no effect on the issue but when I created a new user it seemed to resolve the issue. How would I actually go about trying to fix...
  3. Windows explorer won't open, constantly causes screen to refresh

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer won't open, constantly causes screen to refresh: Through a lot of troubleshooting I was actually able to figure out what is causing this issue, and it seems to be my user account. Safe Mode had no effect on the issue but when I created a new user it seemed to resolve the issue. How would I actually go about trying to fix...
  4. Windows 11 entire home screen constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 entire home screen constantly refreshing: Whenever i restart my pc my entire home screen constantly refreshes, i have searched everywhere for a fix and nothing worked, i have no taskbar and on the odd occasion i can double a app on my home screen and open one but thats if im lucky...
  5. Windows 11 entire home screen constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 entire home screen constantly refreshing: Whenever i restart my pc my entire home screen constantly refreshes, i have searched everywhere for a fix and nothing worked, i have no taskbar and on the odd occasion i can double a app on my home screen and open one but thats if im lucky...
  6. Windows 10 and Google Chrome constantly refresh

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 and Google Chrome constantly refresh: This has happened for over a year between two different computers and I am sick of it. About after an hour in another game I switch tabs into the desktop or GC but this results in the programs bugging out where if i click on the desktop the apps become invisible and when I...
  7. Desktop constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop constantly refreshing: My Windows 10 computer refreshes every 15 or so seconds. When I try to open my Control Panel or File Explorer, they close during every refresh, so every solution involving the two are completely impossible. My computer has been doing this for a few days and I've done...
  8. Windows constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows constantly refreshing: My Windows 10 computer refreshes every 15 or so seconds. When I try to open my Control Panel or File Explorer, they close during every refresh, so every solution involving the two are completely impossible. My computer has been doing this for a few days and I've done...
  9. Windows store constantly refreshing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows store constantly refreshing: Ok so I gifted my friend Sea Of Thieves, and he started installing it. At some point during it, he left and turned off his computer. When he gets back, he opens Microsoft Store and it just starts 'flickering' as if it is constantly refreshing the start page. He can't click...
  10. Desktop constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop constantly refreshing: Hi I have win 10 and my laptop is Lenovo ideapad Y700 and it's 2 months since I've bought it. 2 weeks ago after a windows update my desktop kept refreshing every 2 seconds. A system restore have fixed the problem several times, but today the system restore fails and the...