Windows 10: Dell XPS 13 Hard Drive Boot Inaccesible Boot Device

Discus and support Dell XPS 13 Hard Drive Boot Inaccesible Boot Device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; ok before i take this laptop to a repair shop i needed to ask for help. This is my huge problem, i installed rollbax rx trail to test it, when it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mn072065, Mar 13, 2017.

1. mn072065 Win User

Dell XPS 13 Hard Drive Boot Inaccesible Boot Device

ok before i take this laptop to a repair shop i needed to ask for help. This is my huge problem, i installed rollbax rx trail to test it, when it rebooted i saw the BSOD. I created a iso backup using macrium so i thought i was safe but i guess not. When it boots you see the rollback rx start for 3 seconds then i see Recovery your PC couldn't start properly. Error code:0xc000000f, options it gives me is Press enter to try again, Press F8 for startup settings, Pres Esc for UEFI Firmware settings, i hit F8, tried all, enable debugging, enable boot logging, enable Safe mode, nothing. When i try safe mode, i get your pc ran into a problem, stop code Inaccesible Boot Device. So now i tried a flash drive using macrium, i get this same message. I tried booting with flash drive windows 10 repair disc, same, i tried another flash drive with windows 10 pro 64 OS, same. I cant get it to a state where i can try to repair boot or reinstall windows 10. I even tried before boot diagnostics, and everything passed including hard drive. Hoping i can pick on this forum brains a little before i spend money for a new hard drive at a shop. Thanks all.

:)

mn072065, Mar 13, 2017

2. inaccesible boot device

+Thank you for your reply, but I have lost my disc and can't get in I'm fed up with bloody windows 10 as it was their loading apps on to my system when they were not ready , and I am now locked out of my own computer,.

I do not if it helpful but it does say that they would restart it for me, or is that the usual reply when blue screen is on, trouble is both my upgrade to win/8 and win/10 was done by an online upgrade, so I never had a disc in the first place.

I would be grateful for any other help please thank you

coolpolitealex (basic knowledge), Mar 13, 2017
  3. om07 Win User
    Inacceible boot device after reset

After I used the reset feature in windows 10 an error appeared: Inaccesible boot device.

I can't access windows.

How can I solve this?

I'm using a Dell Inspiron.

4. Dell XPS 13 Hard Drive Boot Inaccesible Boot Device

Hi mn072065

Yikes !!

So as this is a Dell I think to get to BIOS it is F2. Once in BIOS or UEFI I would disable secure boot (if you have such a feature) and then I would set boot order to boot from CD/DVD first.

Install Macrium boot disk and boot. From their you should be able to re-install your macrium image. (I'm assuming that is what you mean when you said "iso backup using macrium")

If nothing was wrong with drive before installation at worst you just have to do a clean install. Before that though you need to get data back. Not sure how you have your storage configured, like data in separate partition. Maybe you could expand on that.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 13, 2017
  5. mn072065 Win User
    Thanks for trying, this laptop doesnt have cd/dvd i have ti use a flash. Did the boot from flash, i get same error inaccesible drive. I wish i can do a clean install, cant either because it doesnt allow me to use the windows 10 recovery same message.

mn072065, Mar 13, 2017
  6. Caledon Ken, Mar 13, 2017
  7. mn072065 Win User
    Thanks but its not locked. Cant reset thru windows 10 recovery, cant safe mode.

mn072065, Mar 13, 2017
  8. Dell XPS 13 Hard Drive Boot Inaccesible Boot Device

Then you will have to boot from Media tool and save data.

Can you enter BIOS?

9. mn072065 Win User
    yes i can enter bios and i can use flash, but when i tries to connect to windows, bingo BSOD inaaccesible.

mn072065, Mar 13, 2017
  10. Caledon Ken, Mar 13, 2017
  11. mn072065 Win User
    Sorry your not understanding I have that on my flash drive when it tries to boot up to the windows it goes to BSOD

QUOTE=Caledon Ken;959915]I would create Media key in clean install tutorial so you can at least boot to Windows.

Clean Boot - Perform in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts

You need Windows 10 machine to create USB key right from Microsoft.

Ken[/QUOTE]

mn072065, Mar 13, 2017
  12. Sorry.

Can I ask how you created media key? Not challenging you. Just find it really strange that a machine can't boot with a fresh copy of windows from a key.

Ken

13. mn072065 Win User

Sure buddy and sorry not challenging me it's frustrating that I can't get this to work
    I went to Microsoft used their tool downloaded win 10 pro and installed into USB again they Microsoft

I also downloaded neosmart easy recovery pro for win 10 to fix boot
    Same thing BSOD

QUOTE=Caledon Ken;959936]Sorry.

Can I ask how you created media key? Not challenging you. Just find it really strange that a machine can't boot with a fresh copy of windows from a key.

Ken[/QUOTE]

mn072065, Mar 13, 2017
  14. Okay.

Not sure how new your machine is. If you have a BIOS with secure boot and fast boot they both need to be disabled.

Very strange that using their process to create USB key with no other software or copies involved doesn't work.

Ken

15. mn072065 Win User
    Can't disable fast boot because I can't go into control panel
    I disabled in bios Uefi and switched to legacy to see USB
    Then I used USB as boot
    Still the same

Thanks so much for trying keep it coming maybe I forgot something

mn072065, Mar 13, 2017
Thema:

1. Dell XPS 13 Hard Drive Boot Inaccesible Boot Device - Similar Threads - Dell XPS Hard

2. Blue screen inaccesible boot device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen inaccesible boot device: Hello I need quick help pls I couldn’t sleep tonight because of the problem I have on my pc I watched tons of videos and none of them worked my pc can’t go in safe mod for some reason and my pc can’t find a boot file I use a hp pc I need help ty in advance...
  3. Blue screen inaccesible boot device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen inaccesible boot device: Hello I need quick help pls I couldn’t sleep tonight because of the problem I have on my pc I watched tons of videos and none of them worked my pc can’t go in safe mod for some reason and my pc can’t find a boot file I use a hp pc I need help ty in advance...
  4. Inaccesible boot device after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inaccesible boot device after reset: So I tried to update one of my drivers and after restarting my computer, I discovered that it now had an Inaccessible boot device glitch. Shortly after, I did a factory reset to see if that would resolve the problem, however now, whenever I turn it on, it loads only to glitch...
  5. Inaccesible boot device after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inaccesible boot device after reset: So I tried to update one of my drivers and after restarting my computer, I discovered that it now had an Inaccessible boot device glitch. Shortly after, I did a factory reset to see if that would resolve the problem, however now, whenever I turn it on, it loads only to glitch...
  6. Windows10 inaccesible boot device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10 inaccesible boot device: So, it started when suddenly on youtube when error came up that said ”error with sound rendering, please restart your computer” I restarted it and boom, inaccesible boot device and blue screen. I managed to log back in after restorin windows to earlier point, but still no...
  7. Inaccesible boot device

Inaccesible boot device: Hi. How can i fix this error? I tried numerous metods but it didn't work. I've also reset the Windows. This error occurs the first 3 times the PC reboots. Version 20H2 submitted by /u/szztefan [link] [comments]...
  8. Inaccesible boot device

Inaccesible boot device: So the other day my friend had a few drivers to update. He updated some but then there was one where he had to restart the pc after. Thats when windows got stuck on an automatic repair loop. Now when he starts the pc it says «Your computer is experiencing a problem and needs...
  9. Dell XPS 13 Won't boot from recovery drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell XPS 13 Won't boot from recovery drive.: My XPS 13 was stuck on the Dell icon when booting up. So I downloaded the recovery software on another laptop and made a boot drive using Dell's recovery software. I went in and disable secure boot mode and then selected the USB as the boot drive. Now it started up from the...
  10. Bizarre boot failure on Dell XPS 13. No error msgs.

in Windows 10 Support
    Bizarre boot failure on Dell XPS 13. No error msgs.: Let me say first I am pretty experienced and have tried various diagnostics before posting. I have never seen this combination of seeming contradictory diagnostics while getting no error messages. My wife’s Dell XPS 13 laptop with Windows 10 Home stopped booting after Dell...