Windows 10: Dell XPS 13 lost Bluetooth after Dell update

Discus and support Dell XPS 13 lost Bluetooth after Dell update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, Sorry for this being my first post, but I've run into a Bluetooth problem and cannot seem to get past it. I've got a Dell XPS 13 9333... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by doobes, Jan 20, 2017.

1. doobes Win User

Dell XPS 13 lost Bluetooth after Dell update

Hi all,

Sorry for this being my first post, but I've run into a Bluetooth problem and cannot seem to get past it.

I've got a Dell XPS 13 9333 (the initial one) that has performed well for me with the exception of occasional Bluetooth driver burp. In the past I've been able to restore functionality by reinstalling the driver, doing a system restore, etc.

Trouble is, this time, I've run into a brick wall.

Last night I got an alert from the Dell Update daemon that they were installing an update.

This morning everything was working fine and then blink, no more bluetooth mouse. Cycling power on the mouse did nothing and a quick check indicated no Bluetooth device listing in Settings->Devices.

I've downloaded the Intel bluetooth drivers from the Dell website and initially did a repair, and then when that didn't work a removal and then installation. No luck. I've also done a

Restarting the laptop doesn't change anything. No bluetooth.

Looking in the Device Manager, there is no listing for any Bluetooth devices.

Any ideas?

Chris

:)

doobes, Jan 20, 2017
  2. Jan K_ Win User

KB3149135 update 15-6-2016

Update KB3149135 wipes bluetooth out from my Dell XPS 13. (Mouse not available) also bluetooth icon was gone.

After several restarts only option to remove update.

Gr.

Jan

Jan K_, Jan 20, 2017
  3. SimonCornforth, Jan 20, 2017
  4. doobes Win User

LOL!

It's back. After rebooting into my work profile after going back to a restore point, nothing had changed.

Changing to my admin profile, the OS informed me that the recovery was succesful. So I did a quick repair of the Intel drivers and voila! Bluetooth.

A reboot back into my work profile demonstrates Bluetooth connectivity!

Yay.

chris

doobes, Jan 20, 2017
Thema:

1. Dell XPS 13 lost Bluetooth after Dell update - Similar Threads - Dell XPS lost

2. Dell XPS 13 "Camera not found"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell XPS 13 "Camera not found": Whenever I try to use the camera built into my laptop it says "0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>". I have tried a couple different thing to fix this but nothing has worked and my computer won't update anything when I reset it (Don't know if thats related but still)....
  3. Dell XPS 13 (9370) Getting Warm in Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell XPS 13 (9370) Getting Warm in Sleep Mode: I like my laptops to sleep when I close the lid and have set this up on my next Dell XPS 13. When I put my other laptops to sleep they are stone cold but the Dell XPS stays as warm in sleep as it gets when doing light browsing. I have run the powercfg /a and - energy...
  4. Wifi issues with Dell XPS 13

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi issues with Dell XPS 13: Hello, my problem is I could connect to wifi for a very few minutes and then the yellow triangle sign started to appear. After that, I tried to connect to other networks but no network option found. I went to Settings, and my laptop froze when I pressed “Network..”. The...
  5. Keyboard backlighting on Dell XPS 13 series laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard backlighting on Dell XPS 13 series laptop: I just did a Windows 10 update on my laptop and now the back lighting of the keyboard is turned off. How do I turn it back on?...
  6. Bizarre boot failure on Dell XPS 13. No error msgs.

in Windows 10 Support
    Bizarre boot failure on Dell XPS 13. No error msgs.: Let me say first I am pretty experienced and have tried various diagnostics before posting. I have never seen this combination of seeming contradictory diagnostics while getting no error messages. My wife’s Dell XPS 13 laptop with Windows 10 Home stopped booting after Dell...
  7. Dell XPS 13 (9370) Case Advice!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell XPS 13 (9370) Case Advice!: Hi guys, I recently purchased a Dell XPS 13 9370, i'm having trouble finding a case/sleeve for it as i'm not sure whether to buy a 13 inch or 12 inch case... The dimensions for the XPS 9370 are: Width: 11.9" Depth: 7.8" Height: 0.5" I initially tried fitting my xps...
  8. BSODs on Wake for Dell XPS 13 9350

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs on Wake for Dell XPS 13 9350: Hello Everyone, I recently purchased a Manufacturer Refurbished Dell XPS 13 9350 (Skylake), and all has not been well. The laptop constantly BSODs whenever I wake it from sleep. The thing is that it works without a hitch for hours on end on a cold boot, but as soon as I...
  9. Dell 2710 xps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dell 2710 xps: I have tried to install windows 10 numerous different ways. it installs perfectly, but i have no internet access. it recognizes the internet, but won't allow connection....has anyone been able to install windows 10 on the 2710 including use of the internet 16905
  10. Dell XPS 13: Freezes on Dell logo on restart, but boots from cold fine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell XPS 13: Freezes on Dell logo on restart, but boots from cold fine: Morning - we just bought (our second) XPS 13 which I did a clean install of Windows 10 on (to claim back as much disk space as possible). All okay, except when selecting 'Restart' from the 'Start Button/Power', the computer freezes on the Dell logo, not even getting to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 9370 lost bluetooth