Windows 10: Dell XPS 13 lost Bluetooth after Dell update

Discus and support Dell XPS 13 lost Bluetooth after Dell update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, Sorry for this being my first post, but I've run into a Bluetooth problem and cannot seem to get past it. I've got a Dell XPS 13 9333... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by doobes, Jan 20, 2017.

1. doobes Win User

Dell XPS 13 lost Bluetooth after Dell update

Hi all,

Sorry for this being my first post, but I've run into a Bluetooth problem and cannot seem to get past it.

I've got a Dell XPS 13 9333 (the initial one) that has performed well for me with the exception of occasional Bluetooth driver burp. In the past I've been able to restore functionality by reinstalling the driver, doing a system restore, etc.

Trouble is, this time, I've run into a brick wall.

Last night I got an alert from the Dell Update daemon that they were installing an update.

This morning everything was working fine and then blink, no more bluetooth mouse. Cycling power on the mouse did nothing and a quick check indicated no Bluetooth device listing in Settings->Devices.

I've downloaded the Intel bluetooth drivers from the Dell website and initially did a repair, and then when that didn't work a removal and then installation. No luck. I've also done a

Restarting the laptop doesn't change anything. No bluetooth.

Looking in the Device Manager, there is no listing for any Bluetooth devices.

Any ideas?

Chris

:)

doobes, Jan 20, 2017
  2. Jan K_ Win User

KB3149135 update 15-6-2016

Update KB3149135 wipes bluetooth out from my Dell XPS 13. (Mouse not available) also bluetooth icon was gone.

After several restarts only option to remove update.

Gr.

Jan

Jan K_, Jan 20, 2017
  3. SimonCornforth, Jan 20, 2017
  4. doobes Win User

LOL!

It's back. After rebooting into my work profile after going back to a restore point, nothing had changed.

Changing to my admin profile, the OS informed me that the recovery was succesful. So I did a quick repair of the Intel drivers and voila! Bluetooth.

A reboot back into my work profile demonstrates Bluetooth connectivity!

Yay.

chris

doobes, Jan 20, 2017
Thema:

1. Dell XPS 13 lost Bluetooth after Dell update - Similar Threads - Dell XPS lost

2. Dell xps 13 won't start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell xps 13 won't start: Dell xps won't start. Will not shut off or reboot. Has crashed multiple times. Also showed code SYNTHETIC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-xps-13-wont-start/0d916ab2-7ff9-45c9-b443-b9052bdd33b0
  3. Dell xps 13 won't start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell xps 13 won't start: Dell xps won't start. Will not shut off or reboot. Has crashed multiple times. Also showed code SYNTHETIC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-xps-13-wont-start/0d916ab2-7ff9-45c9-b443-b9052bdd33b0
  4. Dell XPS 13 9350 Bluetooth missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell XPS 13 9350 Bluetooth missing: Hey all,I've had my pc for a good 4+ years and Bluetooth has always worked, but today upon starting up Bluetooth is nowhere to be found. after running through just about every bluetooth related thread on this forum I have tried everything. None of the solutions work and I am...
  5. Lost my Dell XPS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost my Dell XPS: Hi guysany recommendations what I can do to locate it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-my-dell-xps/6ff65ded-874a-4e76-a602-1f025804bbf3
  6. Problem in XPS 13 dell

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem in XPS 13 dell: Hi, I have a new laptop XPS 13 of dell, and for some reason there is a graphic problem when using universal docking station I am using windows 10 20H2 version latest version The problem is like that: 1. when doing right on directory for example, and moving the mouse...
  7. Bluetooth not working after update (Dell XPS 9575)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth not working after update (Dell XPS 9575): I heard about friends having this issue this morning, and now my Bluetooth is also gone. I assume it’s come from the windows update. When I go to Device Manager, it says that “Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43)” in the Bluetooth...
  8. no touch screen on dell xps 13

no touch screen on dell xps 13: Can someone please tell me how I can get the touch screen to work on a new Dell Xps 13 9300. The touch screen facility has not worked from day 1 now on day 3. The touch screen does not appear under the human interface driver so I cannot enable it there. thanks...
  9. Dell XPS 13 "Camera not found"

Dell XPS 13 "Camera not found": Whenever I try to use the camera built into my laptop it says "0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>". I have tried a couple different thing to fix this but nothing has worked and my computer won't update anything when I reset it (Don't know if thats related but still)....
  10. Wifi issues with Dell XPS 13

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi issues with Dell XPS 13: Hello, my problem is I could connect to wifi for a very few minutes and then the yellow triangle sign started to appear. After that, I tried to connect to other networks but no network option found. I went to Settings, and my laptop froze when I pressed “Network..”. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 9370 lost bluetooth