Windows 10: Dell XPS 15 L502X upgrade experience?

Discus and support Dell XPS 15 L502X upgrade experience? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Dell XPS 15 L502X running windows 8.1 Pro. Dell's official drivers page says the laptop is not tested for windows 10 upgrade (Product Support... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vignesh247, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Dell XPS 15 L502X upgrade experience?

I have a Dell XPS 15 L502X running windows 8.1 Pro. Dell's official drivers page says the laptop is not tested for windows 10 upgrade (Product Support | Dell US
    ).

So is anybody out there who has upgraded to windows 10? Are you facing any driver issues or any other issues? Is there anything else that I should be aware of before proceeding with my upgrade?

:)

vignesh247, Aug 8, 2015
  2. RPGLEPROG Win User

Dell XPS L502x, Restarting every time when come out from sleep mode, Window 10

I have the DELL XPS 15 (L502X) also. Mine is doing the same thing!

RPGLEPROG, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Crackling sound on Dell XPS 15 win10

My Dell XPS 15 L502X producing crackling sound. I am having Realteck High Definition driver installed. Pl suggest solution.

BRIJESHAGARWAL, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Antilope Win User

Dell XPS 15 L502X upgrade experience?

I've upgraded 8 systems to Windows 10. Seven of them Dell desktops and laptops. Some up to 6 years old. Some running Windows 7 Home or Pro, some running Windows 8.1 core.

Windows 7 and 8.1 drivers usually work in Windows 10. If there are any yellow flags in the Device Manager after installing Windows 10, loading a Windows 7 or 8.1 driver from the Dell drivers page for that model fixed it.

Antilope, Aug 8, 2015
  5. Thanks.. Planning to take a backup and upgrade next week. Will update the thread once I'm done..

vignesh247, Aug 8, 2015
  6. I installed Windows 10 Pro onto my XPS 15 L502X 2 weeks ago. So far, everything is working just fine except one issue i have encountered that when I start my laptop at the first time, It is always turn off at Booting Windows stage. So, I have to start it again in order to login to my Windows. I am not sure the issue is related to BIOS or not but I hope Dell will release new BIOS version for this model.

banbebonbien, Aug 13, 2015
  7. Jayesh Win User
    I upgraded windows 7 Home Premium x64 to Windows 10 Home x64 free upgrade onto my XPS 15 L502X Early 2011.

Everything works best and no errors. It works more fluidly than win 7.

Jayesh, Oct 18, 2015
  8. Dell XPS 15 L502X upgrade experience?

Hello Jayesh,
    I have found that some people have problems with the NVidia 525M graphics card driver. Did you face some problem with the same? Anyway do let me know how you updated your OS?
    I have the same system and planning to update? Hows your experience with the new OS in your system? Any problems/errors after update? Any precautions while updating?

JatinKansal, Feb 24, 2016
  9. Gekon Win User
    I have updated my laptop September 2015. Some drivers like USB 3.0 didn't work properly. Then new update was relesed I think around October November- And USB 3.0 worked perfect. Laptop was working absolutely fine. Than I did upgrde by Automatic upgrade shortly after that and I had to set to factory settings as was slow and laggy. Since this last update, my USB 3.0 does accept usb 2.0 pens or other devices but doesn't work with 3.0 speed. I am afraid Dell finger is in it as they never relesed update and never tested as they need constant sell. My opinion.

Gekon, Mar 1, 2016
  10. YodaHulk Win User
    I have a Dell XPS 502L. I updated shortly after Windows 10 became available from Windows 7. Everything works great and runs better than it did on Windows 7. I have also updated older Dell laptops as well and everything has worked great. I would recommend doing the upgrade, then "resetting the PC" (reformatting). It's quick and easy to do in Windows 10 and gives you a fresh start. Don't forget to backup everything before you do the reset though.

YodaHulk, Mar 1, 2016
  11. Gekon Win User

Gekon, Mar 1, 2016
  12. Gekon Win User
    YodaHulk

I alfo found windows 10 working better than win 7. I have upgraded my laptop, as this was the only way to use my genuine windows key and get free windows10 version. My system was holding two versions win7 and win10 on my drive. Was a bit messy and slow. That was the only decision to reset to factory settings by win10 menu. If you have any suggestions how to improve, and reinstall USB3.0 driver and Graphic card driver will be very helpful. Can you provide what drivers version for those two you have installed? Thanks

Gekon, Mar 1, 2016
  13. moorken Win User

Windows 10 installs drivers automatically for almost anything, you shouldn't worry to much about those. I've upgraded older dell systems without problems, so i should say: go ahead

moorken, Mar 1, 2016
  14. Edsm100 Win User
    My biggest problem is on Nvidia GT525 that conflict with intel graphic HD 3000 drive, that I have two cards drivers conflicting. Intel recomends to disable one of both, but if you no have the intel driver, nvidia driver no works. And need install the hybrid drives system, named R272839 and R283293-Video AVerMedia. but I install it and no works. My problem are that when I close lid that the colors turn on very strong, like a second externa display and that is the problem: conflict with display that they dont existing or connected, thats are an confusion. Drivers conflicting. And at now,no solution.

Edsm100, Nov 15, 2016
  15. ds0712 Win User
    I put many hours into testing this. I have the xpsl502x working perfectly and wanted to share this. I performed a clean install (blank unallocated drive). I used the drivers found in the link below. These are all .inf installers and some skill and know how will be needed to install them manually. You can also integrate them with NTLite which I did and made a bootable usb stick, installed and the outcome was a perfectly installed OS with all drivers installed just add Dell Quickset and your done.

MEGA

ds0712, Jul 29, 2017
Thema:

1. Dell XPS 15 L502X upgrade experience? - Similar Threads - Dell XPS L502X

2. Upgrade Old Dell XPS 15 9550 vs Buying New Dell XPS Laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrade Old Dell XPS 15 9550 vs Buying New Dell XPS Laptop?: Hey all. I posted this a while back but did not get a new battery nor get a new computer. My laptop battery is now 2.5 years and about 92% worn out. I had bought a replacement for it 2.5 years ago when the originally battery lasted for 1.5 years. So I mentioned I play online...
  3. Dell introduces redesigned XPS 15 and XPS 17

in Windows 10 News
    Dell introduces redesigned XPS 15 and XPS 17: [ATTACH] Dell’s family of XPS laptops If you’re in the market for a new PC, take note: Dell has announced new devices that deliver larger screens, long battery life and enough power to stream your favorite shows, edit photos for Instagram, render 4K...
  4. Dell XPS 15 Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dell XPS 15 Problems: Dell XPS 15 Windows 10 problem(s) So I have a Dell XPS 15 with Windows 10 that is just over 1.5 years old. Issues have started to rack up over the last 3 or so months (things like any microphone from any headset/earbuds not being detected, my Realtek Audio not showing up at...
  5. Dell XPS 8700 upgrades

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell XPS 8700 upgrades: I'm looking to upgrade my wife's older Dell desktop. She is running windows 7, I would like to give it new life. It takes minutes to completely start up. I purchased a 1TB hard drive and a 250gb ssd. Can I install an OEM version of windows 10 home? or should I get a retail...
  6. Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement: Dell does not sell it. Contacted them many times and they haven't had it in years and read online others say the same unless you had warranty. I checked online and there is a site called laptopbatteryexpress that seem to have excellent reviews. You can buy a battery for the...
  7. Blue Screen at Dell Xps 15

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen at Dell Xps 15: i constantly get into blue screen problems since i purchased my dell xps 15. i tried every possible way to fix it but nothing worked. Anyone can help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-at-dell-xps-15/7e85e783-346b-4527-9245-4382962d8a10
  8. BSOD playing NFS Rivals on Dell XPS 15 L502X

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD playing NFS Rivals on Dell XPS 15 L502X: Just when I thought I figured out the driver problem on my laptop, now I am facing a problem with overheating and/or stability issues. After less than 5 minutes of playing, the screen turned blue and error code showed with a QR code which just lead to a page on Microsoft...
  9. How do I change the primary graphic card on XPS 15 L502X?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How do I change the primary graphic card on XPS 15 L502X?: I just bought a used Dell XPS 15 and immediately I installed windows 10 Pro x64. I have a problem with the graphic cards, I tried installing Counter Strike Source to try out gaming performance. And the screen is automatically set to 1024x768 at max and it is of course all...
  10. Dell 15 L502x Windows Upgrade,restart/black screen,0x1900101-0x20017

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell 15 L502x Windows Upgrade,restart/black screen,0x1900101-0x20017: Hi, First of all sorry my English, For a couple of days, I am trying every solution from this forum, for windows 10 upgrade on my laptop Dell 15 L502x (early 2011) with windows 7 Home Premium. I tryed via Windows upgrade system tray icon (after restart - black...