Windows 10: Dell XPS 2710 microphone not working after Win 10 upgrade

Discus and support Dell XPS 2710 microphone not working after Win 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Upgraded to Win 10 everything working except microphone. The Realtek driver is installed and shows no errors, the audio setup shows a microphone is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DJW, Sep 1, 2015.

1. DJW
    DJW Win User

Dell XPS 2710 microphone not working after Win 10 upgrade

Upgraded to Win 10 everything working except microphone.
    The Realtek driver is installed and shows no errors, the audio setup shows a microphone is available but no sound is detected?

I've tried uninstalling the Audio drivers and then on re-boot Win 10 re-installs automatically without errors.

Also Cortana is not available even though I have the region, language and time zone all set as UK and the UK language pack installed. So I wonder if this problem is linked in some way to the microphone problem.

Any ideas welcome?

:)

2. Waves Maxxaudio not working

Same here, Dell XPS One 2710

Tried with XPS One 2720 drivers for Windows 10: Options blanked auto, app does not start automatically at boot

With XPS One 2710 drivers for Windows 8.1 (same I have been using prior to upgrading) it's worse

PaoloNorberto, Sep 1, 2015
  3. Windows 10 upgrade lock screen

MikeyesWorld and DFernando,

When each of you were updating to Windows 10, were you asked to input a product code or key?

The reason I ask is that when I purchased my XPS 2710 on line from Dell Canada in December, 2012, it was delivered to me with Windows 8 Pro preloaded by Dell. I've since updated to Windows 8.1 Pro and have kept this fully updated as new "important" and
    "optional" updates became available.

I haven't received the upgrade scheduling desktop icon. from Microsoft.

I know that Dell hasn't yet completed its evaluation of the compatibility of Windows 10 Pro with XPS 2710, but just want to know whether I'll have to buy Windows 10 Pro or will get a free upgrade once Dell gives the all clear to upgrade.

Thanks,

Bob

bobadamsonII, Sep 1, 2015
  4. fireberd Win User

Dell has this notice on their web site for this model"

The Dell sound driver, on their downloads is ONLY for Win 7 64 bit which is not Win 8.1 or Win 10 compatible.

There is the Win 10 driver direct from Realtek. You can try it at your own risk. Realtek

fireberd, Sep 1, 2015
  5. DJW
    DJW Win User
    Thanks, I've seen the notice on the Dell website but only after I carried out the upgrade!
    I've tried the Win 10 Realtek driver and it doesn't fix the problem. I've worked around it by connecting a webcam with external mic. So all working OK. The Cortana problem was not related, just due to having the wrong language speech pack installed. Once I changed it to UK it worked.

Thema:

1. Dell XPS 2710 microphone not working after Win 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Dell XPS 2710

2. Dell XPS Touchscreen not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell XPS Touchscreen not working: Hi everyone!I have saw some posts regarding the Dell XPS 9310 and others that have touchscreen but suddenly it doesn't work anymore in Windows 10 or Windows 11.Like this post was locked, I couldn't answer to it...
  3. Dell XPS Touchscreen not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell XPS Touchscreen not working: Hi everyone!I have saw some posts regarding the Dell XPS 9310 and others that have touchscreen but suddenly it doesn't work anymore in Windows 10 or Windows 11.Like this post was locked, I couldn't answer to it...
  4. Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop microphone not working: Hi Community! I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a brand new Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop running Windows 10. The internal microphone doesn't work. Since I have to do all my work from home, I had to buy an external microphone and it works just fine. I've spent at least 30...
  5. Dell XPS 8700 upgrades

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell XPS 8700 upgrades: I'm looking to upgrade my wife's older Dell desktop. She is running windows 7, I would like to give it new life. It takes minutes to completely start up. I purchased a 1TB hard drive and a 250gb ssd. Can I install an OEM version of windows 10 home? or should I get a retail...
  6. Dell Studio XPS 9100 Upgrade to Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Dell Studio XPS 9100 Upgrade to Windows 10: I have read conflicting reports about whether or not you can upgrade a Dell Studio XPS 9100 to Windows 10. If I purchase a Windows 10 download from Microsoft Store and it doesn't work, can I get my money back?...
  7. Can the Dell XPS 8700 be upgraded to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can the Dell XPS 8700 be upgraded to Windows 10?: A friend with a Dell XPS 8700 i5 that was running Windows 7 had the OS crash. Recovery media is no longer available and a Microsoft Windows 7 disk isn't a solution because it requires inputting a license key; apparently Dell PCs have the license key embedded in the bios. The...
  8. DELL XPS 2720 Win 10-Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    DELL XPS 2720 Win 10-Pro: Basicly my PC is working well, but I try to get answers for a few minor problems in EventViewer. In the process I landed at Intel. From INtel I got the advice to rather go to DELL itself, as some driver updates will be manufacturer specific. Microsft tells me everything is...
  9. Dell 2710 xps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dell 2710 xps: I have tried to install windows 10 numerous different ways. it installs perfectly, but i have no internet access. it recognizes the internet, but won't allow connection....has anyone been able to install windows 10 on the 2710 including use of the internet 16905
  10. Windows 10 killed my dell xps 2710

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 killed my dell xps 2710: I sit and look at my giant paper weight and i wanna cry. Ive searched forums and google and all ive read is that im screwed i cant do any of my photography editing. Everything i read tells me that windows 10 killed my computer. Its not compatible with my computer and...