Windows 10: Dell XPS 8700, PCASp60, NIDS6 & multiple BSOD crashes per day

Discus and support Dell XPS 8700, PCASp60, NIDS6 & multiple BSOD crashes per day in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello – Not sure if I am right at this place… I bought a Dell XPS8700 desktop in late 2014. I started out with Win 8.0 Home. From the very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by hodo2016, Feb 1, 2016.

1. hodo2016 Win User

Dell XPS 8700, PCASp60, NIDS6 & multiple BSOD crashes per day

Hello –

Not sure if I am right at this place…

I bought a Dell XPS8700 desktop in late 2014. I started out with Win 8.0 Home. From the very beginning, I had BSOD crashes. I updated to Win 8.1 Home, Win 8.1 Pro and now to Win 10 Pro, hoping that the problem will disappear with a newer OS. However, I still have those crashes (very annoying when working on important documents!). My drivers are up to date and the computer is free of viruses etc.

As far as I have found, this problem might be related to the PCASp60 and/or NIDS6 driver/key. However, there is no PCASp60 driver on my computer (and apparently not needed based on various sources, which I either cannot confirm or not confirm). If I delete one or both keys in the registry, there are still crashes, though. The system error message is always the same:

“The PCASp60 NIDS Protocol Driver services failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.”.

I did some more research and found that these drivers seem to be related to the Realtek PCI onboard LAN unit. But even if I disable the LAN in the BIOS and delete all Realtek drivers in System/MyDevices, the error still exists and my computer crashes.

I am wondering if this is a general problem/unresolvable error of this computer or if it can be resolved..?

I am close to exchanging the motherboard or even switching back to HP computers (which always worked very well for me in the past 15 years).

Thanks in advance for any comments and suggestions!

HD

:)

hodo2016, Feb 1, 2016

2. Dell XPS 8700 BSOD

Three different apparent causes. Please run driver verifier.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Feb 1, 2016
  3. Dell XPS 8700 BSOD

Hello Zigzag3143,

I rolled back to OEM setting(windows 8.1), and install nvidia video driver. I got BSOD again.

I have attached the dump files:

082816-31609-01.dmp

082816-22875-01.dmp

082816-20281-01.dmp

Also, the GTX 1070 is a new card, therefore I cannot find an old driver to use. What should I do next?

Additional information:

I suspect that the BSODs are related to other parts of the PC. I used AMD Radeon 7850 before, and BSODs happened frequently. Here's an original post:

Windows 10 BSOD right after installation

Thank you very much!

Yongli Chen, Feb 1, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

axe0, Feb 2, 2016
Thema:

1. Dell XPS 8700, PCASp60, NIDS6 & multiple BSOD crashes per day - Similar Threads - Dell XPS 8700

2. BSoD Multiple Times Per Day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD Multiple Times Per Day: My computer has crashed 10 times since the morning of the 18th. I believe them to have begun around the time I installed the game Battlefront 2 2017. Three of the crashed occurred while I was playing the game all three at the exact same point; while searching for a match. Two...
  3. Constant BSOD, multiple times per day

Constant BSOD, multiple times per day: It's been a recurring issue for a few months on my custom-built desktop. At first, the errors ranged from a variety of things, but after applying solutions I've found on these support threads and elsewhere, the only error I get anymore is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I can't for...
  4. Dell XPS 8700 stuck at BIOS Dell logo when restarting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dell XPS 8700 stuck at BIOS Dell logo when restarting: When forcing power off and power back on, the machine boots up fine. It only gets stuck when I have it reboot. Things I’ve tried: Installing the latest BIOS (A14) Installing the latest chipset driver Installing the latest network driver sfc /scannow - no errors chkdsk - no...
  5. Dell XPS 8700 desktop - Continued Crashing after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell XPS 8700 desktop - Continued Crashing after Windows 10 update: Today for the 2nd time in less than 10 days upon doing a soft restart the video would not come back on. It appears that it boots up without video and goes into sleep mode. Attempt to wake system up - the computer does, however, no video. The 1st time it happened my husband...
  6. Cannot Boot Windows 10 on a Dell XPS 8700 Desktop

Cannot Boot Windows 10 on a Dell XPS 8700 Desktop: My hard drive has crashed and the PC will not boot. I have tried a bootable usb drive, but it shows several partitions on my HDD of which only 1 can be used per the screen messages and it is "too small". Any ideas?...
  7. Multiple BSOD crashes a day

Multiple BSOD crashes a day: Hello, I have been having multiple BSOD crashes a day on my Inspiron 7373 and can't seem to figure out what the issue is. On the extreme side I reinstalled windows from bootable usb by wiping out everything on the machine and the problem still persists. The minidump file...
  8. Dell XPS 8700 upgrades

Dell XPS 8700 upgrades: I'm looking to upgrade my wife's older Dell desktop. She is running windows 7, I would like to give it new life. It takes minutes to completely start up. I purchased a 1TB hard drive and a 250gb ssd. Can I install an OEM version of windows 10 home? or should I get a retail...
  9. Can the Dell XPS 8700 be upgraded to Windows 10?

Can the Dell XPS 8700 be upgraded to Windows 10?: A friend with a Dell XPS 8700 i5 that was running Windows 7 had the OS crash. Recovery media is no longer available and a Microsoft Windows 7 disk isn't a solution because it requires inputting a license key; apparently Dell PCs have the license key embedded in the bios. The...
  10. XPS 8700 Boot Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    XPS 8700 Boot Issues: About a month ago I decided to upgrade from windows 8 to windows 10 on my 2 year old XPS 8700. The update went smoothly and worked fine. When I would shutdown my computer or restart it would attempt to update but fail and revert changes every time. I found this weird but it...