Windows 10: Dell XPS 8900 Desktop: Audio Jacks Hookup Question ?

Discus and support Dell XPS 8900 Desktop: Audio Jacks Hookup Question ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Really totally confused about this, and would be most appreciative for some help and suggestions on. Have a new Dell XPS 8900 desktop PC.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Robert11, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Robert11 Win User

Dell XPS 8900 Desktop: Audio Jacks Hookup Question ?

Hello,

Really totally confused about this, and would be most appreciative for some help and suggestions on.

Have a new Dell XPS 8900 desktop PC.
    Has Realtek integrated audio, apparently. (ALC3861 7.1)
    I imagine it’s pretty much the same setup for all of their PC’s with Realtek integrated audio.

Presently use the Green output jack in the rear to feed a pair of Logitech Desktop Z-200 desktop speakers. Works just fine.

I would like to now add the following:

Have an output from a radio (Home Patrol scanner) that has a Line-Out
    Jack. Would like to feed this into pc, and be able to select either the normal
    pc audio (which now is outputted on the green jack) OR this new input.

a. What input jack on the pc should I use for the radio’s output (Line Out) ?
    I’m thinking the BLUE one. Is this correct ?

I would want it to also, of course, be outputted on the green jack to the desktop speakers.

b. I looked all over of every pc screen I could think of, but could find no option
    for selecting (switching) between the pc normal output, and this new extra
    audio input.

Where and how do I do this selectio/switching, please ? Caveats in doing ?

Much thanks,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Jan 3, 2016

2. Dell XPS 8900 Desktop

I can not make my print scan from my computer

JoeMorales1, Jan 3, 2016
  3. Dell XPS 8900 Desktop

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

As per the description, we understand that laptop screen goes black when it's connected to TV through HDMI cord.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    This issue could occur if the display drivers are not compatible with the computer. I suggest you to download and install the display drivers for the computer.

Check the Windows updates for any latest driver updates.

Check in Windows updates if any driver updates are available. If so, install the same and check if it helps.

a) Press “Windows Logo” + “Q” keys from the keyboard.

b) Type “Updates” in the search bar and click on “Install optional updates” from the left pane.

c) From the “Windows Update” window, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates and install all the updates listed there.3

If we don't have the display drivers for the current operating system, you can download the drivers and install them in compatibility mode. Please follow the below link to know how to install drivers in compatibility mode:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_devices/how-to-install-and-update-drivers-in-windows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

Let us know if we could be of any help regarding to Windows in future. We’ll be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 3, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Jan 3, 2016
Thema:

1. Dell XPS 8900 Desktop: Audio Jacks Hookup Question ? - Similar Threads - Dell XPS 8900

2. Intel Rapid Storage Technology crashes Dell xps 8900

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Rapid Storage Technology crashes Dell xps 8900: I have a Dell xps 8900, IntelR CoreTM i7-6700 CPU 3.40GHz 3.41 GHz, 16.0 GB ram, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor, and dual monitors - both of which are plugged into the nvidia graphics card with hdmi and dvi cables. I've been having issues with one monitor...
  3. Intel Rapid Storage Technology crashes Dell xps 8900

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel Rapid Storage Technology crashes Dell xps 8900: I have a Dell xps 8900, IntelR CoreTM i7-6700 CPU 3.40GHz 3.41 GHz, 16.0 GB ram, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor, and dual monitors - both of which are plugged into the nvidia graphics card with hdmi and dvi cables. I've been having issues with one monitor...
  4. Intel Rapid Storage Technology crashes Dell xps 8900

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Has anyone with DELL XPS 8900 received Win 10 21H2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has anyone with DELL XPS 8900 received Win 10 21H2 update: DELL web page indicates that this desktop is tested with the latest 21H2 win 10 update. My XPS 8900 is at 21H1 with the latest update. But I still have not received the 21H2 update in spite of searching for updates every few days.ikonuk...
  6. Has anyone with DELL XPS 8900 received Win 10 21H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Has anyone with DELL XPS 8900 received Win 10 21H2 update: DELL web page indicates that this desktop is tested with the latest 21H2 win 10 update. My XPS 8900 is at 21H1 with the latest update. But I still have not received the 21H2 update in spite of searching for updates every few days.ikonuk...
  7. Advice on upgrading HDD to SSD on Dell XPS 8900

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Advice on upgrading HDD to SSD on Dell XPS 8900: I have a Dell XPS 8900/Windows 10 (20H2) with a 1 TB HD that has the operating system and also a 4 TB HD that I use for storage. I want to replace the 1 TB with a 1 TB SSD. I know I will need to purchase an adaptor to install in a 3.5" bay. I was planning on purchasing a...
  8. Latest Win10 update bug affects my DELL xps 8900

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest Win10 update bug affects my DELL xps 8900: submitted by /u/Azzymuth [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h7r8cs/latest_win10_update_bug_affects_my_dell_xps_8900/
  9. windows 10 dell xps 8900 bootloop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 dell xps 8900 bootloop: I got a dell ups 8900 with 24 gigs of ram and a gtx960 card. Sometimes the computer will just shutdown on its own and I gotta reset the pc from the dell splash screen a few times before it starts up. It will say error windows has booted multiple times....
  10. Realtek Audio On Dell Desktop Motherboard (Dell 8900 System)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Audio On Dell Desktop Motherboard (Dell 8900 System): Hello, I have a new Dell 8900 series desktop. (64 bit) Apparently has Realtek integrated audio on the Motherboard. The audio works fine, but the program that gives the user, me, options for adjusting the audio is really poor. Something called Maxx Audio Pro. No...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Does DELL XPS 8900 Desktop computer have a built in speaker?

2. Does Dell XPS 8900 Desktop comes with built in sound?

3. how to install audio on dell xps 8900