Windows 10: Dell XPS12, 10130, touchpad double tap not working

Discus and support Dell XPS12, 10130, touchpad double tap not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all. Using 10130 dual booted with 8.1 on an XPS12. I have the latest available driver which admittedly is over a year old. The touchpad does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by winaje, Jun 21, 2015.

1. winaje Win User

Dell XPS12, 10130, touchpad double tap not working

Hi all. Using 10130 dual booted with 8.1 on an XPS12. I have the latest available driver which admittedly is over a year old. The touchpad does not recognise double tap to activate, such as when trying to move into a folder in explorer. I've been through every option, including uninstalling and reinstalling the driver.

Has anyone found a fix for a similar issue?

:)

winaje, Jun 21, 2015

2. Windows Spotlight Not Working / Apps not showing

Will this work for a Dell XPS12?

Sassywheels, Jun 21, 2015
  3. GregS200 Win User
    Dell XPS 15 9560: missing drag lock for touchpad

System: Dell XPS 15 9560, WIndows 10 Home

When using the touchpad, I like to be able to perform multiple drag operations, without having to double-tap to invoke the drag operation each time I lift my finger. For the last 15+ years there has always been an option called "drag lock", that allows
    the drag to operate as follows:

• The drag operation is invoked by double-tapping on a draggable object
    • The object is moved by sliding one's finger
    • If one's finger is lifted, the drag operation will NOT terminate, and more drag operations are possible
    • The drag operation is terminated by another double-tap
    I simply can't find an option for drag lock in the Windows 10 touchpad settings. Please PLEASE tell me there is some way to enable this feature!

Cross posted on the Dell forums: Drag lock for touchpad? - Dell Community

GregS200, Jun 21, 2015
  4. Dell XPS12, 10130, touchpad double tap not working

Have you tried installing the touchpad software as well as the driver from Dell?

This is from 8.1, but do you have anything similar?

Dell XPS12, 10130, touchpad double tap not working [​IMG]

paulsalter, Jun 21, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    That's the first thing I disable on any laptop I work on. Drives me nuts.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Dell XPS12, 10130, touchpad double tap not working

1. Dell XPS12, 10130, touchpad double tap not working - Similar Threads - Dell XPS12 10130

2. Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.: I have gone to my mouse settings and switched it to being left-handed. I also made sure that "Switch primary and secondary buttons" is checked in the "additional mouse settings". The "touchpad settings" only has a sensitivity option.The buttons on the bottom of the touchpad...
  3. Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.: I have gone to my mouse settings and switched it to being left-handed. I also made sure that "Switch primary and secondary buttons" is checked in the "additional mouse settings". The buttons on the bottom of the touchpad have switched correctly, but now when I double-tap the...
  4. Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.: I have gone to my mouse settings and switched it to being left-handed. I also made sure that "Switch primary and secondary buttons" is checked in the "additional mouse settings". The buttons on the bottom of the touchpad have switched correctly, but now when I double-tap the...
  5. Touchpad double tap issue...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad double tap issue...: I have acer aspire 3 a315-33-c89l it's touchpad supports 5+ fingers tap but after a update it supporting only one finger tap. When i tried to change setiings, setting only shows sensitivity of touchpad...[ATTACH] Before it shows many gestures and settings...i tried to...
  6. Tap in the touchpad is not working

Tap in the touchpad is not working: In my laptop tap option is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tap-in-the-touchpad-is-not-working/3851af51-b211-46e7-87f0-9bd271009b33
  7. Double Tap

Double Tap: When I want to "enter" something and I tap that key, it always returns to the same empty space and I have to re-enter and tap "enter" again. What can cause that? It is annoying....
  8. How to disable double tap on touchpad

How to disable double tap on touchpad: After this new Windows 10 update I cannot find the settings to turn off touchpad double tap feature. Its annoying that Microsoft has changed the layout of windows when there was no need to. Before the update is was very easy to do. Please can someone show me how to turn...
  9. Double tap to drag without losing double tap to select

Double tap to drag without losing double tap to select: Hello! New laptop, new touchpad. Found the "Tap twice and drag to multi-select" feature. I want to be able to do two things: 1) Double tap on a word to select the entire word 2) Double tap and drag (on whatever; e.g. a scrollbar) to drag the thing If I turn ON "Tap...
  10. Touchpad Tap not working

Touchpad Tap not working: After using Bluetooth mouse, touch pad tapping has stopped working, navigation is working fine, Its Synaptics clik pad V7.4. I tried to update the driver, but it shows the driver is up to date.............. Please help...... 31536

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell xps 12 touchpad not working

2. xps dell can you double tap mouse pad

3. mouse has stopped working after double tap

4. dell inspiron 15 3000 turn off double tap drag,
  5. dell xps 13 touchpad double tap not working,
  6. dell xps 12 touchpad double tap,
  7. dell double tap on touch pad does not work