Windows 10: Dell xpx8900, no internet, wired or wifi.

Discus and support Dell xpx8900, no internet, wired or wifi. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a friend that I'm trying to help get his Dell XPS8900 Windows 10 Desktop to connect to either WIFI or Ethernet. Both type of connections... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by uniquewon, Dec 8, 2016.

1. uniquewon Win User

Dell xpx8900, no internet, wired or wifi.

I have a friend that I'm trying to help get his Dell XPS8900 Windows 10 Desktop to connect to either WIFI or Ethernet.

Both type of connections will not connect, seems to be some sort of DHCP issue at the computer level as it cannot get an IP address it seems. Both for WIFI and Ethernet.

I had my laptop there at his home and I can use the same router port/ports and my laptop works. The WIFI is working in the home, his IPAD works, my Laptop works but that Dell, overnight, quit being able to use either connection. I cannot find anything that seems amiss so today I just hard assigned everything on the Ethernet port in adaptor properties to get it running again. It's a fix but a band-aid at that. I was suspect of a windows update causing this but his last update was 11-7-2016 and this issue just turned up a day ago.

With both ethernet and wifi not working I'm at a loss as to what's broke. Hardware testing all passes muster.

I've googled and searched but can't find an exact issue like this, mostly you find wifi connection issues, but not BOTH.

Any suggestions or should I just let it go with the hard IP address assignment?

TIA

Gene

:)

uniquewon, Dec 8, 2016

2. No wireless internet access after Windows 10 upgrade

I have a Dell Inspiron 3521 and upgraded to Windows 10. Since then I have been unable to get an internet connection via Wifi. Wifi adapter says it is working fine but gives the message 'No Internet Connection'. Internet works fine via my wired network adapter.
    Windows diagnostic on the wifi connection says 'Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing.' I have tried a winsock reset with no effect, my Dell drivers are up to date as I have Dell Update installed.

Any ideas as to how I can fix this?

RMMBeaverton, Dec 8, 2016
  3. No internet connection on my pc

There is a yellow triangle on the internet icon and no internet connection on my pc. It's a wired connection with no wifi capabilities. The wifi and the wired connection work on my laptop

RichardPorst, Dec 8, 2016
  4. fireberd Win User

Have you scanned for Malware? One possibility

fireberd, Dec 8, 2016
  5. lifetec Win User
    It looks/could be that although you have a desktop the Airplane mode is turned on.
    And can not be switched off.
    When googling it you get many links but no clear solutions.

Is this pc/desktop connected to a UPS.

lifetec, Dec 8, 2016
  6. uniquewon Win User
    Fireberd,

I have not scanned for malware. The computer seems fine now that I hard coded the IP address etc. There is good Antivirus software installed.

Lifetec,

Not connected to a UPS. He called Dell and they led him through running all of the hardware diags and everything passed, they told him it's a software issue.

Airplane mode is turned off on his machine, on my own Dell XPS8700, Airplane mode is on but has not limited my connection of either WIFI or ethernet. I've got that bug in mine that won't let me turn it off. Ive not bothered much with it as it seems to not bother my connections.

Gene

uniquewon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Dell xpx8900, no internet, wired or wifi. - Similar Threads - Dell xpx8900 internet

2. Wired keyboard & troubleshooting for Dell S2722QC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired keyboard & troubleshooting for Dell S2722QC: I have a dell latitude 3520, a macbook pro from 2017, and a Dell S2722QC monitor. I also have a wired keyboard and moust hooked into the monitor. When I have both laptops connected to the monitor through the USBC and HDMI cords, the mouse and keyboard will only respond to the...
  3. Wired keyboard & troubleshooting for Dell S2722QC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired keyboard & troubleshooting for Dell S2722QC: I have a dell latitude 3520, a macbook pro from 2017, and a Dell S2722QC monitor. I also have a wired keyboard and moust hooked into the monitor. When I have both laptops connected to the monitor through the USBC and HDMI cords, the mouse and keyboard will only respond to the...
  4. mixing wifi and wired computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mixing wifi and wired computers: Is there an easy way to share files between a wifi connected computer and an ethernet connected one that are both connected to the same router in a home setting?...
  5. Wired and WIFI Networks

Wired and WIFI Networks: Helloooo! I hope everyone is happy and healthy during these strange times! This is my first post, and I am a relative noob, so please be gentle :) I fully expect I might need to get someone in, for this problem. I am not trying avoid paying anyone. But seeing as I cant get...
  6. wired internet controller

wired internet controller: When I upgraded from win 8 to 10 my wired internet controller is gone and can't connect through wire anyone have a valid solution?? please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wired-internet-controller/6aec4dc5-859f-496a-802c-db6db20fd4db
  7. Wired Internet Recognition Issues

Wired Internet Recognition Issues: I have a Microsoft Email Account on my PC and on the lock-screen the internet icon displays a connected wired connection. But when I log into my email account, the internet icon displays that the PC detects the wire, but it can't identify the network. This started happening...
  8. Wired internet connection works on my laptop but wifi doesn't.

Wired internet connection works on my laptop but wifi doesn't.: I have tried to reboot the router as well as the laptop. When I signed into the router page to check, only this laptop's status shows as "blocked". Any help will be appreciated....
  9. Ethernet disrupts Internet connection for both wired and WiFi

Ethernet disrupts Internet connection for both wired and WiFi: I've been having increasingly worse internet connectivity issues for a while now. I bought a new computer and it was fixed for about 2 years, but then it started again, exactly as before. Recently it became so bad (and no advice from the internet would work) that I bought a...
  10. Wired desktop loses internet

Wired desktop loses internet: On July 30, I went down to comcast to change the old Arries modem for one of those all in one modem/wireless gate way. Reason why the change, the old Arries modem was hooked up to the old router (Linksys one from '08) of ours. I plugged everything to the new modem and...