Windows 10: Deny ability to Rename an OU

Discus and support Deny ability to Rename an OU in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Does anyone have explicit instructions for Denying the right to rename an OU for a specific group or user? Any help would be greatly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JTK_812, Jul 25, 2018.

1. JTK_812 Win User

Deny ability to Rename an OU

Hello,

Does anyone have explicit instructions for Denying the right to rename an OU for a specific group or user?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

JTK_812, Jul 25, 2018
  2. amd5750m Win User

rename inf

I have a 7670m 1gb driver crimson legacy, how to rename my 7670m (which in driver detects as 7600m) to 8670m?

I am something new in this I would appreciate it if you would give me all the steps since I am very interested

I use win 7

his is what I try to do but not rename these files

Does someone have a step for newbies?

this is more or less the idea in the link

amd5750m, Jul 25, 2018
  3. Reymichael Ros, Jul 25, 2018
  4. Deny ability to Rename an OU

Renaming the Computer...

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to rename the computer name as below and check if the issue persists.

Here’s how to rename the computer on Windows 10:

• Click on the Search icon in the taskbar Search icon;
    • Search Rename this computer and click on the result;
    • Click Change;
    • Rename the computer and then click OK to save.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

Deny ability to Rename an OU

1. Deny ability to Rename an OU - Similar Threads - Deny ability Rename

2. Exclude OU using LDAPFilter in PowerShell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Exclude OU using LDAPFilter in PowerShell: Is there just no way to get this done without piping to Where-Object ? Unless I'm misunderstanding something, apparently this can be done, but not using AD. I'm just not sure what dictates what.Given this scenario: Filter for users that aren't in OU "Sales"Can this not be...
  3. Exclude OU using LDAPFilter in PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exclude OU using LDAPFilter in PowerShell: Is there just no way to get this done without piping to Where-Object ? Unless I'm misunderstanding something, apparently this can be done, but not using AD. I'm just not sure what dictates what.Given this scenario: Filter for users that aren't in OU "Sales"Can this not be...
  4. Exclude OU using LDAPFilter in PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Access is Denied when trying to delete, rename, or move folder that shows as "File Folder...

Access is Denied when trying to delete, rename, or move folder that shows as "File Folder...: Hello all, I'm having quite the issue over the last few days. I'm trying to test migration of on-premise storage replication to OneDrive, and while trying to move documents from the network share to my local Documents folder, a folder is giving me problems. Digging deeper,...
  6. Cortana abilities

in Cortana
    Cortana abilities: why Cortana can't close a window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-abilities/bbacd4fa-7074-468a-92a8-95e4ae4de614
  7. Ability To Record

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ability To Record: Hello - After recent update, I have lost ability to record "virtual audio" and have used "Realtek". I have downloaded from their site, and run through the installation, and it completes this successfully. But when I go to sound settings, show all disabled settings, it is...
  8. Getting Access Denied Error When Trying To Rename A File.

Getting Access Denied Error When Trying To Rename A File.: How can I get Windows 10 to stop asking me for Administrator approval? I sign into Windows as the Administrator and it recognizes me as the Administrator but whenever I want to rename, copy or move a file, it asks me for Administrator approval. I'm the sole user of this...
  9. screen black ou

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    screen black ou: Hi, My one year warranty on my Windows 10 just expired and I am getting Black outs quiet frequently. Whats the best way to fix this? Thank you, Florentine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-black-ou/81e889b2-6606-4993-9c32-84a1afb5b9d5
  10. I can't rename files on the deskttop (File Access Denied)

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't rename files on the deskttop (File Access Denied): I am the administrator, but whenever i try to rename a file on the desktop it says "File Access Denied" and that i need to provide administrator permission to rename the file. How to fix it? 73371