Windows 10: "Deny full control" on a folder, how to get access again ?

Discus and support "Deny full control" on a folder, how to get access again ? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, For a folder, on properties, security tab, I've set "Deny full control" for every user. Now I cannot do anything with this folder. It's the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by trogne, Aug 25, 2016.

1. trogne Win User

"Deny full control" on a folder, how to get access again ?

Hi,

For a folder, on properties, security tab, I've set "Deny full control" for every user.

Now I cannot do anything with this folder. It's the "Bonjour" folder with the Apple app.

How can I get access again, and delete this app and folder ?

:)

trogne, Aug 25, 2016

2. Unable to Save Photos from Photoshop to Documents Folder

Since you are denied access, you must be looking at different folders. Windows does not lie. What is the exact and full path of the folder that causes you a problem?

Frederik Long, Aug 25, 2016
  3. "You need to provide administrator permission to move to this folder."

So I'm trying to move some folders and modify some stuff. Then, when I'm moving one of my folders into the destination folder, it says "You need to provide administrator permission to move to this folder." With the choices "Continue", "Skip", and "Cancel".
    And I click "Continue". After that, it says "You need permission to perform this action." I click try again, but it comes up to me with the same pop-up. Over, and over again. I have full permission over the destination folder, but it keeps denying my access.

CodyDaBoss, Aug 25, 2016
  4. trogne Win User

trogne, Aug 25, 2016
  5. LMiller7 Win User
    The deny option is best avoided whenever possible. It has implications that are often missed. Deny overides all other permissions. You might have full control over a folder but if you are a member of a group, and everyone includes everyone, that is denied acess you have no access. But again, it is best avoided.

LMiller7, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. "Deny full control" on a folder, how to get access again ? - Similar Threads - Deny full control

2. Everyone getting access even after denying full control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everyone getting access even after denying full control: I restricted access to a user named "lab" by changing the permission as followsChanging Folder PermissionsRight Click on the Folder you wish to restrict properties onSelect “Properties”In the Properties window go to the Security tab and click on Edit.If the Guest user account...
  3. Everyone getting access even after denying full control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Everyone getting access even after denying full control: I restricted access to a user named "lab" by changing the permission as followsChanging Folder PermissionsRight Click on the Folder you wish to restrict properties onSelect “Properties”In the Properties window go to the Security tab and click on Edit.If the Guest user account...
  4. Denied Folder Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Denied Folder Access: I am the sole administrator on my computer and there are also no other users, and when I click "security tab", it won't let me configure user access. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/denied-folder-access/e4b38c4a-8106-4783-96d4-8c2c6a35f528
  5. How To Get To Controlled Folder Access on Win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How To Get To Controlled Folder Access on Win10: Hello. I upgraded to windows 10 pro and I have to change settings in Controlled Folder Access but I can't get to it because -> https://imgur.com/a/T9WkqJ0 How can I enable CFA? I am using my own PC at home and have no administrator or someone monitoring/controlling my PC...
  6. Folder Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Access Denied: When I try to delete an old windows 10 download it keeps saying "You require permission from DESKTOP-Name\my name to make changes to this folder. I already have take ownership of everything in it. But I still can't delete anything. [IMG]...
  7. How to Deny Full Control of this Registry Key?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Deny Full Control of this Registry Key?: Hi, everyone I hope to deny the full control permission of administrator account on registry key named as "HKCU:\Control Panel\Keyboard". I have some failed PowerShell command codes, please you correct them. Thanks a lot. The failed PowerShell command codes as following....
  8. Folder Access Denied

Folder Access Denied: Hi, I keep receiving a pop-up box that tells me I need permission to perform this action. Why am I getting this when I am signed in as administrator? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-access-denied/c4b15789-9e65-47ab-afe0-04de0692824a
  9. MYNAME\Administrator has "Folder Access Denied" - to a folder it has "Full control" over

MYNAME\Administrator has "Folder Access Denied" - to a folder it has "Full control" over: I think the image says it a lot more succinctly than I could... [ATTACH] Do I need to changer the User Account Control Settings - remove notifications? - fact is, I didn't actually ask for access to this folder, the dialog box just popped up of its own accord. And I'll...
  10. How to access a denied folder

How to access a denied folder: In folder c:\users\Number_6, I know there's a folder called Start Menu. But that folder does not show up when I use File Explorer. when I use Agent Ransack to show all folders named Start Menu, it brings up that folder; but when I double-click on that entry when Agent...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. deny full control on a folder