Windows 10: DEP unclickable

Discus and support DEP unclickable in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; ​Long story short, I have been trying to play a game I downloaded from the internet and my laptop has been refusing to play it and the game just wont... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by pjroxs245, Oct 16, 2015.

1. pjroxs245 Win User

DEP unclickable

​Long story short, I have been trying to play a game I downloaded from the internet and my laptop has been refusing to play it and the game just wont work, because it is a 16 bit program trying to work in a 64 bit computer. After some research I finally figured out how to fix it, and that is to go into advanced settings and click on data execution prevention and click on Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.
    I was thrilled that I found it till it turns out that I cannot click on anything as an option. Near the bottom it is telling me "To use these settings, you must be a computer administrator and you must use the bcdecdit.exe file. For more information, search the Microsoft Knowledge Base online." before you suggest that I already did and nothing has helped. Please help me figure this out, it would be much appreciated. I uploaded a picture to show what it looks like as well.
    DEP unclickable [​IMG]

:)

pjroxs245, Oct 16, 2015
  2. sac8165 Win User

DEP window keeps appearing even when no programs are open

I am using Windows 10 Home Version 1703 Build 15063.674.

It is not an error message coming up it is the DEP screen that you can normally access through

This PC > Properties > Advanced > Performance > DEP tab

This stand alone DEP tab just appears randomly through the day.

sac8165, Oct 16, 2015
  3. HP-Margaretha-Sorin, Oct 16, 2015
  4. LMiller7 Win User

DEP unclickable

Welcome to the forum.

There is no way a 16 bit application is going to run on a 64 bit OS other than in a virtual machine. There are no settings in DEP or elsewhere that will make this possible.

LMiller7, Oct 16, 2015
  5. Victek Win User
    You could install Virtual Box or VMware Player. Then create a 32 bit virtual machine - XP or 7 - that would run your 16 bit game. It's fairly easy to do. You just need the extra OS media and license key.

Victek, Oct 17, 2015
  6. pjroxs245 Win User
    Thank you what is the license key to be exact and where can I download one of those things?

pjroxs245, Oct 18, 2015
Thema:

DEP unclickable

1. DEP unclickable - Similar Threads - DEP unclickable

2. Problem Security Settings 0X87E10BBC6 Turning DEP off or on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Security Settings 0X87E10BBC6 Turning DEP off or on: Problem Security Settings 0X87E10BBC6 Turning DEP off or on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-security-settings-0x87e10bbc6-turning-dep/dd0560ec-6611-4f35-accf-581730149f1c
  3. Problem Security Settings 0X87E10BBC6 Turning DEP off or on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem Security Settings 0X87E10BBC6 Turning DEP off or on: Problem Security Settings 0X87E10BBC6 Turning DEP off or on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-security-settings-0x87e10bbc6-turning-dep/dd0560ec-6611-4f35-accf-581730149f1c
  4. i am trying to download various apps/programs but windows security will not allow it ref DEP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am trying to download various apps/programs but windows security will not allow it ref DEP: I have tried to reinstall various problems with new updated versions but recieve window security message around DEP but on changing settings nothing changes this occurs on all downloadsHelp please...
  5. i am trying to download various apps/programs but windows security will not allow it ref DEP

i am trying to download various apps/programs but windows security will not allow it ref DEP: I have tried to reinstall various problems with new updated versions but recieve window security message around DEP but on changing settings nothing changes this occurs on all downloadsHelp please...
  6. Can't run a seismic signal program unsigned - is it a Firewall blocker or DEP blocker even...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run a seismic signal program unsigned - is it a Firewall blocker or DEP blocker even...: This program is an industry devised one and widely used by others. If I start a NEW user I can run the program. I just can't get it to work in my main user name area. I have tried to adjust DEP . Even Administrator level gets a prompt to permit windows change but won't start...
  7. Can't run a seismic signal program unsigned - is it a Firewall blocker or DEP blocker even...

Can't run a seismic signal program unsigned - is it a Firewall blocker or DEP blocker even...: This program is an industry devised one and widely used by others. If I start a NEW user I can run the program. I just can't get it to work in my main user name area. I have tried to adjust DEP . Even Administrator level gets a prompt to permit windows change but won't start...
  8. Can't run a seismic signal program unsigned - is it a Firewall blocker or DEP blocker even...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. I can't disable DEP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't disable DEP: Whenever I try to use the command bcdedit.exe /set nx AlwaysOff, it says "The value is protected by Secure Boot policy and cannot be modified or deleted." How can I remove the protection so I can turn off DEP?...
  10. I can't disable DEP

I can't disable DEP: Whenever I try to use the command bcdedit.exe /set nx AlwaysOff, it says "The value is protected by Secure Boot policy and cannot be modified or deleted." How can I remove the protection so I can turn off DEP?...