Windows 10: Deployed PCs are stuck in boot loop after loading .WIM file

Discus and support Deployed PCs are stuck in boot loop after loading .WIM file in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm having a persistent issue with deploying Windows 10 Pro onto some Dell Optiplex 3040 PCs we just received. I'm attempting to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by drummingrocks, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Deployed PCs are stuck in boot loop after loading .WIM file

Hi everyone,

I'm having a persistent issue with deploying Windows 10 Pro onto some Dell Optiplex 3040 PCs we just received. I'm attempting to use Windows Deployment Services through a Server 2012 R2 installation, to which a client can PXE boot to receive the image.

Stupid me--I had the deployment working and recently deleted an image that I thought was outdated. The problem I'm encountering now is that I can successfully sysprep (using sysprep.exe /generalize /shutdown) and can capture the image from the reference machine. However, when I attempt to boot the PC up after capturing the image, it will never fully boot. It will enter what looks like an OOBE screen, will show a spinning circle for about 30-40 seconds, then will briefly show "Restarting", then restart itself. It will loop in this scenario until powered off.

I have done a good bit of reading and experimenting over the past few days, and I can't figure out what's going on. Things I've tried:
    • Tried deploying with a known-good/working autounattend.xml file, and then created a new autounattend file, then with no answer file at all (no change)
    • Thought that maybe the Creator's Update/1703 was the problem and created fresh install/WIM images of both Windows 10 Pro 1607 and 1703 and tried to deploy those again (no change)
    • Tried deploying both to a physical machine and to several VMs I have set up (both physical and virtual machines end up with the boot loop)
    • Tried booting the physical machine in Legacy boot mode instead of UEFI (No boot device found when using legacy mode)
    • Tried enabling and disabling Secure Boot in the BIOS (no change)
    • Tried Sysprepping and capturing an image from a different physical PC (same result)

Whatever I do, it seems like Sysprep breaks the boot process where both the reference machine and the client that receives the deployment are unable to boot properly.

Any ideas? I'll be happy to post any logs, screenshots, etc. that might help diagnose this, as I am out of ideas at this point. Thanks for any help and advice!

:)

drummingrocks, Jun 15, 2017

2. Loop on desktop after installing Windows 10

After loading Windows 10 my computer finally booted only to get stuck in a loop on the desktop, prior to the appearance of any icons. I cannot breakout of the loop or use the computer.

MarkAMacDonald, Jun 15, 2017
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    PC STUCK AT BOOT LOOP IN WINDOWS 10 1709

Try this to break the boot loop. You will have to still resolve the error that is causing the loop

2018 02 02- HOW TO FIX: WINDOWS STUCK IN A REBOOT LOOP (WINDOWS 8 AND 10)

https://www.infopackets.com/news/10277/how-fix-...

The process in this article will hopefully stop the boot cycle to allow you to do some trouble shooting or, backup your data before doing a clean install.

[FIX] WINDOWS FAILS TO LOAD IN PC

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2017/05/fix-wi...

Many times we have a PC running smoothly but suddenly something bad happens like Power goes off and the system files fails to load afterward and Windows gets corrupted. When you again try to use the computer either of the two things happens:

1. A continuous loop of Boot Screen of Windows.

2. You get a message that Windows did not start correctly.

Rohn007, Jun 15, 2017
Thema:

Deployed PCs are stuck in boot loop after loading .WIM file

1. Deployed PCs are stuck in boot loop after loading .WIM file - Similar Threads - Deployed PCs are

2. Stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in boot loop: I accidentally deleted some system files and to clear our some space in c drive but now when i am restarting it it wont start keeps saying that your pc ran into a problem .ive tried restarting resetting using cloud and resetting using local but nothing worked i have crucial...
  3. Stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in boot loop: I accidentally deleted some system files and to clear our some space in c drive but now when i am restarting it it wont start keeps saying that your pc ran into a problem .ive tried restarting resetting using cloud and resetting using local but nothing worked i have crucial...
  4. Stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in boot loop: I have been stuck in a boot loop for a while now and can't find any helpful tips. When I turn on my computer I have 2 options to choose an operating system or the advanced options. There is continue, use a device, use another operating system, and turn off your pc. There is...
  5. Stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in boot loop: I have been stuck in a boot loop for a while now and can't find any helpful tips. When I turn on my computer I have 2 options to choose an operating system or the advanced options. There is continue, use a device, use another operating system, and turn off your pc. There is...
  6. Stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. WIM file deployment: Version 21H1 -- 19043.1165

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    WIM file deployment: Version 21H1 -- 19043.1165: Hi I have a WIM file, and wonder HOW2 deploy it, or just delete it and use the standard W10 .ISO as I normally would? Also am I in the correct / best place to ask such a question? 183961
  8. Stuck in Boot Loop after Reset!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in Boot Loop after Reset!: Hi guys, I own a Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 that i bought in March 2020. Today I decided to reset my PC as it was actually freezing on me a couple times. It went through the reset process smoothly but now its just stuck in a boot loop. The Microsoft logo appears, the loading...
  9. Stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in boot loop: Hi, we just bought a brand new computer a week ago and on the first day having it when we went to turn it on it wouldn’t. The lights turn on then it immediately shuts off and it does that over and over again. Doesn’t even get far enough for the screen to turn on. But when we...
  10. Import Capture WIM file at the time of deployment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Import Capture WIM file at the time of deployment: Hi All, I need help with MDT. I want to create a task sequence which will take custom WIM at the time of installation. As I have different computer models and I don't want to import all WIM into the operating systems folder. I will make a shared folder where all of WIM's will...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. while loading wim file and then system shutdown