Windows 10: Deploying Win10 Ent x64 w/ SCCM2012R2, no MDT - StartMenu broken

Discus and support Deploying Win10 Ent x64 w/ SCCM2012R2, no MDT - StartMenu broken in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good afternoon, I am trying to deploy Windows 10 Enterprise x64 to a test laptop of mine at work and I'm coming across some issues after doing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by noahw86, Mar 6, 2016.

1. noahw86 Win User

Deploying Win10 Ent x64 w/ SCCM2012R2, no MDT - StartMenu broken

Good afternoon, I am trying to deploy Windows 10 Enterprise x64 to a test laptop of mine at work and I'm coming across some issues after doing the following steps to deploy:

• create a new HyperV VM using win10 ent x64 media
    • create a generic local account without a password
    • remove the local Administrator pw (and enable it)
    • customize what I want on the generic local account I've created
    • remove undesired metro apps utilizing Remove-AppxPackage and Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage powershell cmdlets
    • mount sccm 2012 capture media ISO
    • begin capture media process from within the generic account
    • it finishes the WIM file media creation and i replace the WIM file within my TS for image deployment
    I start the deployment on the test device and it installs and everything looks good, except:
    1) start menu does not work at all
    2) i get an error citing something similar to "c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile desktop refers to a location that is unavailable"
    3) i notice the "Default" account has nothing in its folder
    4) the search function doesn't work
    5) some things inside of windows explorer\file browsing does not work

I noticed my applications did install that i have set up in the TS, the drivers all installed properly, but something is wrong with the profiles copying over properly or even at all.

should i not be modifying or removing the metro apps? such as 3d builder, windows maps, ms store, skype, get office, sway, get started, etc.
    I'm removing all except for Contact Support, Windows Feedback, Calculator, Voice Recorder

thanks in advance

:)

noahw86, Mar 6, 2016

2. Windows search and indexing not working after clean Win10x64 install

Hello. Wondering if anyone has any update on this issue? I recently started deploying Windows 10 Enterprise 1703 (x64) via MDT and have been experiencing this issue.

In deploying previous versions of Windows 10 I did not experience this problem.

Nick__Brown, Mar 6, 2016
  3. SarahKong Win User
    SarahKong, Mar 6, 2016
Thema:

Deploying Win10 Ent x64 w/ SCCM2012R2, no MDT - StartMenu broken

1. Deploying Win10 Ent x64 w/ SCCM2012R2, no MDT - StartMenu broken - Similar Threads - Deploying Win10 Ent

2. Moving MDT deployment share to a new server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving MDT deployment share to a new server: Hello, I'm in the process of building a new VM of Server 2022 and would like some advice on moving our deployment share MDT to the new server. I'd like to move the deployment share that resides on a separate partition on the old server and reattach to the new Windows Server...
  3. Latitude 7210 with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit MDT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latitude 7210 with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit MDT: Does someone have enterprise experience with the Dell Latitude 7210 2-in-1 tablets with MDT? I cannot get these to boot off the UEFI MDT boot media that we created and am hoping someone else in the community has had some experience with these....
  4. Deploying Win10 fails using MDT Thumb Drive since changing to GPT

Deploying Win10 fails using MDT Thumb Drive since changing to GPT: Hi Guru's, A MDT Thumb Drive, formatted with GPT, imaging a P15 or a P51, blue screens after the computer reboots the first time. The PC is set to boot using UEFI. This thumb drive (and others made the same way) works fine on T490 and T14s. I've tried the DISKPART steps with...
  5. MDT is not deploying drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MDT is not deploying drivers: Hello everyone, I wish you a happy new year and the best of health. at work, MDT deploys 1 window 10 pro image to all models of computers. I do that by in task seq. I disabled the default inject driver step and add my custom task step. then named it DriverGroup001 and...
  6. MDT 2013 Deployment

MDT 2013 Deployment: we distribution OS of Chinese and Korean by MDT 2013 deployment, so I want to manually set language and time , but unable to activated when I was changed MDT Rules as the following, what should i do [Settings] Priority=Default Properties=MyCustomProperty [Default] :...
  7. Creating deployment process with WDS/MDT.

Creating deployment process with WDS/MDT.: Hi, I am a Help Desk Analyst and am being challenged with learning sysAdmin tasks. I've been tasked with setting up a deployment process, and I have been trying for a few weeks now to deploy an image with WDS/MDT. I've searched the internet hard trying to figure it out but...
  8. MDT Fails when deploying 1803 and 1809

MDT Fails when deploying 1803 and 1809: Dear Colleagues, I would like to ask for your assistance: - I have a Windows Server 2012 R2. 1809 ADK, MDT 6.3.8456.1000, DISM 10.0.17763.1 + WinPE 1809 installed. - Deploying Windows 10 1703 is always succeed. - I have an alternate DeplymentShare on the same server and...
  9. unable to login after a win10 1803 MDT/WDS deployment

unable to login after a win10 1803 MDT/WDS deployment: I was able to create and deploy a win10 1803 image containing a number of software packages, the deployment ends with no errors, it joins a domain. Everything worked fine with the first set of computers. However it is not working right for some other computers which have...
  10. WIN10 IOT Ent.

WIN10 IOT Ent.: Hi ... I am looking to find a link to download Windows 10 IOT Enterprise installation ISO. But, it is nowhere to be found .... Can someone help, please. Cheers .... *Smile 39617