Windows 10: deselect hotkey

Discus and support deselect hotkey in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ctl-A selects all. What deselects all? 77077 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tcebob, Feb 11, 2017.

1. tcebob Win User

deselect hotkey

Ctl-A selects all. What deselects all?

:)

tcebob, Feb 11, 2017

2. deselecting problems on windows10

Hi Chen Amram,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Let’s check if any third party service is causing this issue.

Method 1:

Step 1: Safe Mode with Networking

I suggest you to Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking and check if it helps.

Safe Mode is a troubleshooting option for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started.

Follow the instruction provided below.

• Press the ‘Windows + I’ key on the keyboard.
    • Click on Update and Security.
    • Click on Recovery option.
    • Under Advanced Startup, click
      Restart now
    • Click on Troubleshoot,
      Advanced options, Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart, select Safe Mode with Networking
      and then press Enter.

Note: Restart the computer to start in normal mode.

If the issue is doesn’t occur in Safe mode with networking then place the computer in a
    Clean Boot and check.

Step 2: Clean boot

A Clean boot is troubleshooting option for Windows in which all the third party services are disabled and checked, if this services are causing the problem.

Follow the Microsoft help article to perform clean boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with Clean Boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after
    fixing the issue.

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10 Technical Preview.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 11, 2017
  3. MsLizzieD Win User
    Minimizing/deselection bug

I'm having the same exact problem at the original poster, and it's driving me crazy. Has anyone found a fix yet?

MsLizzieD, Feb 11, 2017
  4. deselect hotkey

Caledon Ken, Feb 11, 2017
  5. Berton Win User
    One quickly learns that clicking the mouse again after selecting [as mentioned] undoes it. Also pressing the Esc key may work within programs such as MSPaint.

Berton, Feb 11, 2017
  6. tcebob Win User
    I'm thinking File Explorer (details view). Having selected all, shift-space deselects many -- but not all. I didn't find shift-space listed on any shortcut guide, so not sure whether that's a kink in my PC. Odd that there is no way to do that. Maybe an AutoHotkey macro?

tcebob, Feb 11, 2017
  7. pepanee Win User
    The following is not the solution to your question; it is only a method that I use:

Assuming that I use Ctrl+A to select all files/folders within File Explorer, and assuming that I am only using the keyboard (not the mouse), I would press the Down Arrow. That just selects the file that is under whatever was selected singularly last.

And I just tried your Shift+Space method. The same thing happens here. It seems to select the last file that was singularly selected, or the first item listed assuming that you didn't select any item.

Example: I opened a folder that has 4 files in it. I pressed Ctrl+A and that selected all four of the items. I pressed Shift+Space and that selected the first file.
    I clicked on the 3rd file, pressed Ctrl+A to select all, then pressed Shift+Space. The 3rd file is the only file that is now selected.

pepanee, Feb 11, 2017
  8. tcebob Win User

deselect hotkey

Thanks all. Selecting a single file after ^A does simplify the process.

tcebob, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

deselect hotkey

1. deselect hotkey - Similar Threads - deselect hotkey

2. Sorting deselects previously selected files, unfortunately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sorting deselects previously selected files, unfortunately: Once upon a time in File Explorer, I could sort a folder by file type e.g., *.HEIC, quickly select all files of that type, then resort the folder by name or date, and the selected files would remain selected in the new sort order. This enabled me to delete superfluous,...
  3. Sorting deselects previously selected files, unfortunately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sorting deselects previously selected files, unfortunately: Once upon a time in File Explorer, I could sort a folder by file type e.g., *.HEIC, quickly select all files of that type, then resort the folder by name or date, and the selected files would remain selected in the new sort order. This enabled me to delete superfluous,...
  4. Windows 11 laptop will not revert to normal monitor settings with KVM deselected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 laptop will not revert to normal monitor settings with KVM deselected: I have two laptops running Windows 11 one HP Elitebook, one Lenovo ideapad 3 connected to a shared monitor via a HDMI/USB KVM iogear GSCV32HU switch. When I activate the KVM switch to change the shared monitor between the laptops, one laptop will revert to normal screen...
  5. Windows 11 laptop will not revert to normal monitor settings with KVM deselected

Windows 11 laptop will not revert to normal monitor settings with KVM deselected: I have two laptops running Windows 11 one HP Elitebook, one Lenovo ideapad 3 connected to a shared monitor via a HDMI/USB KVM iogear GSCV32HU switch. When I activate the KVM switch to change the shared monitor between the laptops, one laptop will revert to normal screen...
  6. Taskbar auto hide option gets deselected every time Windows updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar auto hide option gets deselected every time Windows updates: Not sure if anyone else has the same problem, but I've noticed every time I do a Windows update the option to 'automatically hide the taskbar' gets turned off. It's happening every time I update and I have to go into settings to hide the taskbar again.Last update:...
  7. Taskbar auto hide option gets deselected every time Windows updates

Taskbar auto hide option gets deselected every time Windows updates: Not sure if anyone else has the same problem, but I've noticed every time I do a Windows update the option to 'automatically hide the taskbar' gets turned off. It's happening every time I update and I have to go into settings to hide the taskbar again.Last update:...
  8. Windows 11 won't load to login screen after debug deselected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 won't load to login screen after debug deselected: While trying to figure out why easy anticheat and Battleye were giving error messages, a debug warning came on the screen. Followed steps from youtube vid to deselect the debug. After unchecking the debug, Windows 11 would not restart. Just blue screen with repair options....
  9. Windows 11 won't load to login screen after debug deselected

Windows 11 won't load to login screen after debug deselected: While trying to figure out why easy anticheat and Battleye were giving error messages, a debug warning came on the screen. Followed steps from youtube vid to deselect the debug. After unchecking the debug, Windows 11 would not restart. Just blue screen with repair options....
  10. how to deselect [Uefi File As Trusted for Executing]?

how to deselect [Uefi File As Trusted for Executing]?: I wanted to install Ubuntu on external hard drive.I installed but it was not showing in BOOT option [l installed wrongly using mbr, later installed using uefi now its working]when it was not showing in BOOT option, I thought i have to manually add boot option by selecting ==>...