Windows 10: Desktop Alarms are Late

Discus and support Desktop Alarms are Late in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I set an alarm on my Windows 10 computer desktop today using the Alarms & Clock app. I set it for 4:30; it popped up at 4:35. Sometimes they don't pop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PeterR, May 5, 2016.

1. PeterR Win User

Desktop Alarms are Late

I set an alarm on my Windows 10 computer desktop today using the Alarms & Clock app. I set it for 4:30; it popped up at 4:35. Sometimes they don't pop up at all. I'm using my computer at the time that they're supposed to go off, so it's not an issue of the computer being asleep. What's going on here?

:)

PeterR, May 5, 2016
  2. kornik30 Win User

5800 XM - alarm problem

The alarm is constantly late, despite the latest firmware

flash 31.xxxx.

Should I expect the new firmware or maybe there is a solution
    to this problem.

Alarm: workdays still 3 minutes too late to call.

kornik30, May 5, 2016
  3. N97 alarm is messed up

My Nokia N97 has got a problem with alarm as it's always late.

When I put alarm for like after 1 minute e.g. now 19.30 and alarm set to 19.35 it works fine.

But when I set alarm for next day it's always late for at least 4 minutes.

If you have any solution, please reply as soon as possible

Thank You Desktop Alarms are Late ;)

Nikita93---01, May 5, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Desktop Alarms are Late

Is the Time at bottom right showing correct time ?

If it is late too, then, perhaps, your cmos battery is on the way out.

davidhk, May 5, 2016
  5. PeterR Win User
    No, it's definitely not that. Actually, the system clock is how I knew the alarms were late. A 4:30 alarm popped up, and I looked down at the lower right and the clock said 4:35.

I just had it happen again: my 11:58 alarm popped up at 12:00. I'd like to be able to use this feature, but it's going to make me late for stuff as is.

PeterR, May 5, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi you could try this:

Open an admin command window (Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (admin) ) and run these commands
    net stop w32time
    w32tm /unregister
    w32tm /register
    net start w32time
    w32tm /resync
    Then restart your PC

This restarts the service.
    W32tm.exe is used to configure Windows Time service settings.

dalchina, May 10, 2016
  7. PeterR Win User
    dalchina, I tried this, but unfortunately it didn't work. The alarms are still (sometimes) a few minutes late. It almost seems as though notifications are one behind... that is, when a new notification comes in, the prior notification pops up. The new one won't pop up until another one comes in. It's almost like there's a queue. This happens with Slack, too... message notifications pop up ten minutes after they come in, and often it's at the moment when a new message is posted.

PeterR, May 18, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Desktop Alarms are Late

Out of curiosity, try a different alarm app e.g.
    Your request appears to be from an automated process
    or whichever (free) one you fancy.

(And just to confirm, the one time I've tried it, an Alarms & Clock alarm worked fine).

Also try it after a clean boot.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Desktop Alarms are Late

1. Desktop Alarms are Late - Similar Threads - Desktop Alarms are

2. Alarm went off over 3 hours late

in Cortana
    Alarm went off over 3 hours late: I had set an alarm for 5PM on my HP desktop. I forgot all about it until it decided to go off... AT 8:22. 3hours and 22 minutes late. This is not the first time that an alarm has come up late. Why is it doing this?...
  3. Alarm went off over 3 hours late

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alarm went off over 3 hours late: I had set an alarm for 5PM on my HP desktop. I forgot all about it until it decided to go off... AT 8:22. 3hours and 22 minutes late. This is not the first time that an alarm has come up late. Why is it doing this?...
  4. Alarm went off over 3 hours late

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why my windows 10 laptop alarm ringing SO SO SO LATE????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my windows 10 laptop alarm ringing SO SO SO LATE????: So here's the thing.... I set up my alarm to 6:45. And somehow it rings at 12.36 and it didn't ring at all before i knew it because i woke up by my phone alarm at 06.30. I didn't turn off my laptop nor i mute my laptop volume. This happens almost every single day. It only...
  6. Why my windows 10 laptop alarm ringing SO SO SO LATE????

Why my windows 10 laptop alarm ringing SO SO SO LATE????: So here's the thing.... I set up my alarm to 6:45. And somehow it rings at 12.36 and it didn't ring at all before i knew it because i woke up by my phone alarm at 06.30. I didn't turn off my laptop nor i mute my laptop volume. This happens almost every single day. It only...
  7. Alarm

Alarm: with the windows alarm on the surface pro 6 does it still work if it is shut or in sleep? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alarm/304c8580-7c76-48fd-b713-4842f0c60d0c
  8. My desktop alarm rings intermittently.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My desktop alarm rings intermittently.: I have to set the volume to zero. Because it keeps on ringing. How can I uninstall the Alarm. The uninstall button in the settings is grey. I cant activate it. Thank you...
  9. alarms & clock late notifications

alarms & clock late notifications: Getting notifications an hour late. System clock has correct time! Is this a known issue? I do not want to do a reset unless that is the ONLY cure. I have many alarms and I'd rather not have to put them back in. This app is buggy. I have LOTS of issues with it!...
  10. Blinking Boxes & Alarm Sound On Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Blinking Boxes & Alarm Sound On Desktop: I hope I can explain this that it makes sense. I was away from my PC for about 30 minutes & heard an alarm sound coming from it. There was a white box outlining the start menu icon that blinked off & then surrounded the arrow on the right for hidden icons. The white box...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows alarm late